• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone rates him. His attitude is poor for the win at all costs type of manager.

Losing Sane's fuaranteed 10 goals a season even as more of a bit part player last year is never ideal.

If the injury is bad enough that Bayern won’t take him that potentially means that City are down a player without the money / replacement to compensate.

They’re not arsed about the money. They’ll create some fake sponsors in the accounts to make up for that.

Everyone rates him. His attitude is poor for the win at all costs type of manager.

Losing Sane's fuaranteed 10 goals a season even as more of a bit part player last year is never ideal.
Yep, we'd have won the league last season if he got this injury at the same time last year, he's a massive lose for them.

Like the way we were glad Sterling left cos Ibe was the better player

No nothing like that. Sterling was and always has been far better than tripper. The only people who were happy to see sterling go were the head in the stand brigade who thought ibe would be better.

What a daft comparison.

No nothing like that. Sterling was and always has been far better than tripper. The only people who were happy to see sterling go were the head in the stand brigade who thought ibe would be better.

What a daft comparison.
Daft comparison indeed.

What bollocks. Though I agree they shouldn't have re-signed Coutinho (a 1 year loan would have been good though). There is no way they spent £100m on contract extensions. Simple maths (e.g. Total value per annum 2018/19 - source Sportrac - is around £124m without bonuses for 25 players. For this season exclude Sturridge, Ming, Markovic and Moreno = a saving of around £17m. For 2019/20 add on Adrian's wages (£5m at max.) plus for example maybe increases for those 'underpaid as per market value so extra for : Salah (£5m), VvD(£5m), Becker (£6m confirmed), Mane (£5m), TAA (£2.5m), Robbo (£2.5m), Origi (£2.5m), Gomez (£2.5m) and Brewster (£2.5m). You can argue about details but those guessimations are just for rough calculation purposes. I doubt anyone else got a major raise more likely bonuses (Klopp himself perhaps). Probably £30-40m all in tops.

And this is assuming they increased them again despite some having signed new deals very recently (Mo, Mane, Fabs, Keita, Shaq. Firmino and VvD : all to 2023).

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/liverpool-f.c/payroll/2018/

Last edited:
Haven’t we got the biggest bonuses in our contracts? It’s part of the reward ethos of FSG. Last season would’ve seen massive bonuses being issued.

I’m sure I read somewhere that Virgil got a hefty lump sum for our clean sheets last season as would Alisson.

This would take up a chunk of our “available funds”.

Haven’t we got the biggest bonuses in our contracts? It’s part of the reward ethos of FSG. Last season would’ve seen massive bonuses being issued.

I’m sure I read somewhere that Virgil got a hefty lump sum for our clean sheets last season as would Alisson.

If that is the case and our players keep performing and putting in that extra effort for every game for these bonusses then i am all for it if it delivers silverware. I just hope that some money is put aside for transfers when we will need to go out and buy.

What bollocks. Though I agree they shouldn't have re-signed Coutinho (a 1 year loan would have been good though). There is no way they spent £100m on contract extensions. Simple maths (e.g. Total value per annum 2018/19 - source Sportrac - is around £124m without bonuses for 25 players. For this season exclude Sturridge, Ming, Markovic and Moreno = a saving of around £17m. For 2019/20 add on Adrian's wages (£5m at max.) plus for example maybe increases for those 'underpaid as per market value so extra for : Salah (£5m), VvD(£5m), Becker (£6m confirmed), Mane (£5m), TAA (£2.5m), Robbo (£2.5m), Origi (£2.5m), Gomez (£2.5m) and Brewster (£2.5m). You can argue about details but those guessimations are just for rough calculation purposes. I doubt anyone else got a major raise more likely bonuses (Klopp himself perhaps). Probably £30-40m all in tops.

And this is assuming they increased them again despite some having signed new deals very recently (Mo, Mane, Fabs, Keita, Shaq. Firmino and VvD : all to 2023).

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/liverpool-f.c/payroll/2018/

Apparently the CL bonuses were substantial too.

You guys made it sound like we are bankrupting ourselves for the bonuses paid out for winning the CL.

The contract extensions are to paid over the length of each playerss contract. The comments would suggest the wage bill has gone up by 100 million this season.

If anything it suggests we won’t buy big unless we sell. Would we really have got Allison (and to lesser extent vvd) without phils money.

Define 'massive' in relation to their salaries ? We are talking £100m here. I'm sure VvD and Becker's bonuses were mere drops in that ocean and not a 'chunk of available funds'.

Last edited:
Apparently the CL bonuses were substantial too.
It's estimated we made £95m from the CL last season. I doubt, when considering logistics and club expenses, more than £20m of that was paid out in bonuses. It's all very well paying high bonuses based on success but it won't be a ridiculous amount at the expense of the club (VvD was on £150k a week and Becker £120k a week last season).

I’m going from a hazy memory but VVD clean sheet bonus was half a million. If Alisson had the same then a million has gone. That’s before the goal bonuses throughout the team and CL win EVERY player in the squad gets.

I know it will not amount to £100 million but it will take a chunk out of it.

I’m going from a hazy memory but VVD clean sheet bonus was half a million. If Alisson had the same then a million has gone. That’s before the goal bonuses throughout the team and CL win EVERY player in the squad gets.

I know it will not amount to £100 million but it will take a chunk out of it.
According to The Times the player bonuses for winning the CL was a total of £7m. And it is highly unlikely VvD and Becker got another £1m between them on top of that for the PL season. Salah and Mane would be up in arms !

A quick google search pulled this up about VVD.

The centre-back will be entitled to £375,000 if there are 18 clean sheets next season, £500,000 for 20 and £750,000 for 22.

I assume the 100m package is something along the lines of the 140m package we got for him.

In that case 40m loss isn't enough egg on their face as they massively overpaid, plus he's a year older probably with some real confidence issues now. Imo it'd need to have been a real bargain for us to act.

It's obvious Barca were whoring him out to anyone that would have him as it just hasn't worked out for him there, and now Griezmann is on the scene and Dembele is fitting in better, his prospects look even worse. But they're in a similar position that Real are with Bale, Utd with Sanchez, the Arse with Ozil - tough tits.

I think we are saving also in the knowledge that we have a new kit deal coming next season.

I suspect it's going to be Nike from the rumour and maybe we will splurge big on a Nike player as their poster boy.

That and the fact we are paying for a new training complex and potential new stand in the next few years....

It's obvious Barca were whoring him out to anyone that would have him as it just hasn't worked out for him there, and now Griezmann is on the scene and Dembele is fitting in better, his prospects look even worse. But they're in a similar position that Real are with Bale, Utd with Sanchez, the Arse with Ozil - tough tits.

It was a good idea to not take him as if he stays at Barca his value will depreciate further.

But hopefully he gets some games and we get the money owed to us in the deal.

We should look for the next Coutinho not look backwards.

Well, we sold them a 100 M pound asset for 140 M pounds incl add ons, and now they try to flog us a 60 M pound asset for 100 M pounds, and on top of that avoiding the add ons worth a significant sum. Bad business even if he might strengthen us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom