• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was inclined with keeping Lovren. But for 15 mill £ with a few extra in add ons it makes sense.
He’s 4th choice, 2 years left on his 100 k a week deal and is almost never fit.
He’s played 6 games in a row or more only 2 times since we signed him.

Clear the path to the first team for Hoever and Van der Berg. Fabinho as an emergency back up. Sorted.

For me it seems we’re just strapped for cash.

4 senior players off the books, none brought in. It seems now that every back up option is a youngster....

Clear we’re trying to balance some sort of flow.

It was a 100m loan fron the owners but its generating a an extra 20m a year in revenue. Anyway I struggle to believe its the main stand that's holding us back.

Remember, we don't live in fantasy land bankrolled by sheikhs and oligarchs.

In fact all FSG seems to have done is what Moore et al ought to have done back then, i.e. grow all the club's revenue streams making it compete. The £100 million expansion of the Main Stand is already paying its way back (just think of the "wasted" interest payments to the banks during the days of Gillette and Hicks!)

That said, maybe our target(s) aren't available, yet.

I suspect it's a combination of both. Had the Moores regime been halfway competent, we could have started building club revenue long ago as you say (it's an outright tragedy that clowns like that were in charge at the time of Istanbul, which should have been an absolute golden opportunity), but better late than never. As far as transfer targets are concerned, the club have shown they'll back the manager when the right player becomes available at a price which is acceptable even if not ideal (as per VvD). We're clearly not into padding the squad out with transfers for transfers' sake meanwhile, and I for one am right behind that approach.

I suspect it's a combination of both. Had the Moores regime been halfway competent, we could have started building club revenue long ago as you say (it's an outright tragedy that clowns like that were in charge at the time of Istanbul, which should have been an absolute golden opportunity), but better late than never. As far as transfer targets are concerned, the club have shown they'll back the manager when the right player becomes available at a price which is acceptable even if not ideal (as per VvD). We're clearly not into padding the squad out with transfers for transfers' sake meanwhile, and I for one am right behind that approach.
Spot on judge. Yes its frustrating and we all like having a go, but i really think we did have the cash to sign but chose not to and i beleive what Klopp said with regards to the current team being good enough and big enough for his style. Also given the age group of this team it actually makes sense not to sign anyone this season if we have plans to sell some of them in the summer.

Klopp wants to have a clearer pathway for Sepp van den Berg, the highly rated 17-year-old, to develop at the club and knows Fabinho is also a solid option at the heart of defence.

Hakim Ziyech explains why he decided to stay with Ajax Amsterdam

There was interest from Bayern Munich, but Ziyech felt it was best to stay with Ajax.
By TomAdams71 Aug 12, 2019, 7:00pm CEST
1072880362.jpg.0.jpg
Photo by Peter Lous/Soccrates/Getty Images
Despite heavy interest from Bayern Munich this summer, Moroccan international Hakim Ziyech has extended his contract with Ajax, keeping him at the club until at least 2022. The 26-year-old midfielder was one of the top names on Bayern’s transfer wish list, especially after the prospective deal for Manchester City’s Leroy Sané was significantly complicated after he sustained an ACL injury in the Community Shield match against Liverpool.
Per a new report by Dutch outlet Algemeen Dagbald (via SportBild), Ziyech explained why he decided to stay and with Ajax instead of moving to Bayern. The timing, he felt, was right for him to commit his future to Ajax despite the interest from Bayern:
Yes, I could have done that [i.e. waited for a deal with Bayern]. But for me and Ajax, it was a good moment to obtain clarity.​
Ajax has already lost Frenkie de Jong to Barcelona and Matthijs de Ligt to Juventus. It makes sense that they would do anything in their power to keep a hold of the rest of their top talents, like Ziyech.
The report also confirmed that Bayern sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic had met with Ziyech’s representatives at least once over the summer to discuss a potential transfer, but nothing more than that. It is possible that the Moroccan was put off by the fact that Bayern was not as forward and assertive in its efforts to sign him, making him feel rather like an after thought.
Ziyech had an amazing season with Ajax en route to their run into the Champions Leaguesemifinals and an Eredivisie title, scoring 21 goals and providing 24 assists across competitions. He expected a stronger advance from Bayern if they were interested:
Indeed. I think anyone could see what we achieved with Ajax. And what I contributed to it. But when the club with which I have the perfect feeling doesn’t come, then no. Then I’d rather stay at Ajax. A transfer was never a must.​
Ziyech’s current valuation via transfermarkt is €40m, so it’s likely that Ajax’s asking price would have hovered around that amount if Bayern had shown more aggressive interest. The price may have been a little steep, but the timing for Bayern was unfortunate, given the fact that confirmation of Sané’s injury arrived only days apart from Ajax’s official announcement of Ziyech’s contract extension.
1161228366.jpg.jpg

Since we didn't go for him, I am glad he stayed at Ajax and not gone to one of the 'Big' Clubs. He would have been a great alternative to Bobby.

It was a 100m loan fron the owners but its generating a an extra 20m a year in revenue. Anyway I struggle to believe its the main stand that's holding us back.
Nah I mean how much were we spending on transfers when we did that?

I had a quick goose suggests we barely spent anything then in terms of net either.

I'd expect Annie road to be announced before Mbappe

The Matip thing is strange given our press to get everyone else signed up.

I can understand waiting to see how Milner gets on in early season fitness wise before extending his contract but Joel is absolutely essential

Its quite clearly becoming a trend for players to run down their contracts in order to demand more in fees/wages. I expect more and more 3-4 year contracts and players jumping the club tiers as their careers develop in order to take control of their own career path.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Hudson-Odoi join us.

Its quite clearly becoming a trend for players to run down their contracts in order to demand more in fees/wages. I expect more and more 3-4 year contracts and players jumping the club tiers as their careers develop in order to take control of their own career path.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Hudson-Odoi join us.

Hudson recently signed a new deal with chelsea. 100k a week

Matip either has another year on his contract or he wants more money. I get it, he's 28 it's probably his last big contract.

I have a strong feeling that Milner is going to Leeds, this is his last season. He would have probably joined them this summer if they made it to the premiership.

Daily mail saying that Lovren is leaving on a LOAN with an obligation to buy for 23 mill, if he plays a certain amount of games.
Seems like a terrible deal.

I have a strong feeling that Milner is going to Leeds, this is his last season. He would have probably joined them this summer if they made it to the premiership.

Weren't there some quotes from him or his agent about them just waiting for Liverpool to offer a new deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom