• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Which match am I? (Let's play a game!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunderland 1 - Liverpool 1, late pen from Jari

Jari's family had suffered a loss, a few months earlier, when his black cat died, and he had claimed that scoring an equaliser against the Black Cats caused a return to the grief of that sad occasion

Yep that's the one.

I'll give a couple of clues then.

The Finn is Litmanen and he scored a penalty.

The return refers to someone else's come back, an emotional one at that.

Lol aye but I nearly did that clue myself last time out.

--

A rare few minutes for a hyped Portuguese culminated in a topless captain screaming in the corner

Is that the match when Meireles scored at Chelsea. I don't remember the topless captain but anyway.

Oh it was 1-0

Gerrard has had his top off a few times. Defo against Fulham when he scored in the last (ish?) minute but I've no idea how that fits with a portugese

Down in my estimation

The one thing I clung to at the end of the semi final defeat against Palace in 1990 was that their players were all a bunch of namby pambies as they all took off their shirts to reveal vests ... now he's ruined that

Gerrard has had his top off a few times. Defo against Fulham when he scored in the last (ish?) minute but I've no idea how that fits with a portugese
It was a fleeting appearance for a once-feted Portuguese who got a vital touch to end up with that moment...

Teixeira assisting Clyne in a league cup game against Bournemouth (Klopps first win). Was Clyne captain & did he get his kit off?

Did he? No memory at all. Just Gerrard scoring and ripping his shirt off to reveal a red vest (which I thought rather odd!)
Yep. Well it's your or peterhagues go!

Think you had the game but he remembered it. Whichever works...

Defo Peter got it. I didn’t even remember Tex playing ever!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom