• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Who's off to Paris?

Status
Not open for further replies.
just got my first ticket quotes

Cat 2: 8500 EUR each
Cat 1: 11000 EUR each
Hospitality: 15500 EUR each

The prices quoted are fucking insane. 40 000 tickets to fans of the 75 000 capacity is the usual
joke.

You think that's bad?

I'm charging @Athens £20 to come to mine for some poor quality pizza and he'll potentially be watching the match on an iPad unless it's on free TV or I figure out how to mirror the iPad to my TV/Xbox.

Wait a minute. I thought he was in Greece. And you were in Connecticut? Is he flying Ryan Air?

Wait a minute. I thought he was in Greece. And you were in Connecticut? Is he flying Ryan Air?
I'm in Greece most of the time but I'll be in Belfast for the match.

I dunno where Connecticut comes into it.

just got my first ticket quotes

Cat 2: 8500 EUR each
Cat 1: 11000 EUR each
Hospitality: 15500 EUR each
You can get a hospitality ticket on UEFA's own website starting from €4900 euros so those prices you've posted are mental

You can get a hospitality ticket on UEFA's own website starting from €4900 euros so those prices you've posted are mental
Was just going to say the same thing.. those on the official website will be gone by today/tomorrow. But still cheaper than those quotes. Wowsers.

There were a few on livefooty for a bargain £2900 but then they charge a commission of £850 on top, it’s ridiculous they tout so much on top of touts but that’s how it is I guess.

I don't think I will go, although with teaching mostly done, I can. No ticket either.
Back about 15 years ago, I used to be in the UEFA ballot every year, and sold the tickets off if I got some unless we were in the final.
Always charged face value, perhaps a but naive but yeah. Treat others as you would like to be treated.
Once though, I managed to call out this lad who was a Chelsea fan, I think it was when they were playing in Moscow. He was just looking to sell it on to earn, so he ended up with no ticket. Anyway, I have to get back on the horse and into the ballot again now that we are back dominating Europe again.

Reactions: dee
Any ideas if these are all digital tickets or paper ones? I assume the hospitality ones are paper.
Last time I managed to get any through UEFA was the super cup in 2019 and was still paper so not sure what the deal is now.

Last edited:
I guess I just don't understand the event ticketing space. It doesn't seem that hard in concept - sell to a person and mark (paper or digitally) the ticket with his/her name. Can't attend? Give it back to the club on consignment, when sold you get refunded. Small transaction fee. No more resell market. Done.

That makes sense. But it would cut down the scalpers and bots who buy tons of tickets and then resell at huge margins. No one (or very few people) is paying $5000 cash for a $100 ticket outside the stadium.

I've never paid over face value to get in anywhere, but the internet and the whole fomo thing has made it a lot harder for normal fans who go the game every week.

It's not really worth complaining about. Some wankers will pay ten grand to get in. Some people will get given a ticket by old friends. Some people will miss out.

It gets chaotic outside the stadium so anyone with a ticket walks in no matter whose name is on the thing

That's why of the 75000 available spaces, 65000 will be from Liverpool
Do you have some good tips to not stand out like I'm up to no good to sneak in? DM me if needed obv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom