• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Xabi Alonso

Is part of the problem that he dresses like Guardiola and Lego head? Come on Xabi tracksuit and cap please.
No, nothing to do with fist bumps or dress code. The thing with Klopp is he's so unpredictable. Like his pre and post match conferences. You just don't know what Klopp you're going to get. Sometimes he'll make jokes and laugh out loud other times he just unloads on reporters.
What I'm trying to say is, Klopp is like a box of chocolates...

No, nothing to do with fist bumps or dress code. The thing with Klopp is he's so unpredictable. Like his pre and post match conferences. You just don't know what Klopp you're going to get. Sometimes he'll make jokes and laugh out loud other times he just unloads on reporters.
What I'm trying to say is, Klopp is like a box of chocolates...
If that’s the problem then he’ll be doing you a favour, just don’t watch any of the press conferences. Couple of hours of your life back per season. I know what you mean though, nobody is going to be able to replace the big man.

If that’s the problem then he’ll be doing you a favour, just don’t watch any of the press conferences. Couple of hours of your life back per season. I know what you mean though, nobody is going to be able to replace the big man.
Yeah I rarely did when Rafa and Rodgers (shudders) were managing. I did watch King Kenny's interviews though

Yeah I rarely did when Rafa and Rodgers (shudders) were managing. I did watch King Kenny's interviews though
They’re doing a behind the scenes thing with Klopp atm too aren’t they, should keep you going for a while.

Kenny is just immensely likeable. You’re right damn it, it’s going to be shite going back to a (best case) bland manager.

Thankyou for your kind words. I have no idea what game your avatar is but I’m very sorry to hear about the failed merger, truly a tragedy.
It’s called Beamrider - who knew? And it’s OK, the merger went through on appeal, thank God.

I'm starting to have the feeling that Xabi won't be here next season.

He's still my first choice by far, but strangely, i'm not too bothered either if he doesn't join us.

Same here when the monopolies and mergers commission initially rejected the Activision / Blizzard merger. I feel your pain. RIP Carl :cry:

You can all talk - but have you seen what Disney did in S3 of The Mandalorian - you don’t know what pain is!!!

I think he'll stay at Leverkusen for at least another year. His family has just settled in Germany and it would be extremely difficult to uproot them to start afresh elsewhere.

I think he'll stay at Leverkusen for at least another year. His family has just settled in Germany and it would be extremely difficult to uproot them to start afresh elsewhere.
Klopp's salary is currently at least £15m/year, compared to Xabi's BL salary of £5m. I suspect Xabi can find a way to explain to his family a move is a terrific idea

There's talk of the former Wolves manager going to BL to replace Xabi.
The only reason he would stay at BL is because he feels he is not ready yet. I honestly think his family will see this as a massive opportunity and he will move. It may be case his wife and kids stay in Germany and fly to the UK on the Weekend, its only a 2 hour flight.
Right now I think he is focusing on winning the major titles for BL and that will be a wonderful way to bow out.

Klopp's salary is currently at least £15m/year, compared to Xabi's BL salary of £5m. I suspect Xabi can find a way to explain to his family a move is a terrific idea
Vice-president of the German FA, Ralph-Uwe Schaffert, has explained why a move would be prohibitive (for the role German National Team Coach).

At the heart of it, it is Klopp’s salary – which he could choose to lower – but it would require a significant pay cut from his current earnings, as Schaffert has now revealed.

“The DFB can’t pay Jurgen Klopp at all, he earns a fixed 24 million a year, plus 26 million guaranteed advertising income – so 50 million euros,” Schaffert said in a recent interview, as quoted by Focus.

He is definitely moving, though most likely to Madrid.
The thing is though, he moves to Madrid or Bayern let’s say this early in his career and fails spectacularly….where does he go from there?

Xabi is a smart guy and I’m sure he backs himself but in this game you can quickly go back from hero to zero as you did zero to hero. Ask Nagelsmann, AVB, Cocu and all these other young managers what happened when they jumped too early.

Last edited:
The thing is though, he moves to Madrid or Bayern let’s say this early in his career and fails spectacularly….where does he go from there?

Xabi is a smart guy and I’m sure he backs himself but in this game you can quickly go back from hero to zero as you did zero to hero. Ask Nagelsmann, AVB, Cocu and all these other young managers what happened when they jumped too early.

Cocu’s a bit random - he didn’t really go for a move to a big team did he?

Nagelsmann while be fine - he’ll pick up a top job in Spain or England after the Euros.

AVB is indeed a weird one.

Anyway… if you fail at a top job and you’re desperate, there’s always Spurs or Everton.

If Klopp were to have that poor run of 6 home defeats in a row like he did a few seasons ago, Bayern or Madrid would have sacked him.
LFC as a club is far more patient. Madrid especially is very hostile when things aren't going right

Back
Top Bottom