• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

alonso

Status
Not open for further replies.
hysterical reactions about Xabi

where were the threads demanding he be given a new contract considering he was fantastic when he came on against Sunderland?

Alonso's problem is the donkey's around him and Gerrard being half fit

[quote author=rebel23 link=topic=26402.msg655600#msg655600 date=1219577456]

where were the threads demanding he be given a new contract considering he was fantastic when he came on against Sunderland?

[/quote]

alonso mispasses and being caught in possession is the fault of being surrounded by donkeys?

[quote author=Modokay link=topic=26402.msg655488#msg655488 date=1219568163]
Alonso was the worst player on the pitch yesterday. I he lost his form as fast as he gained it.
He needs to move on.
[/quote]

You didn't really watch the game did you?

[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=26402.msg655608#msg655608 date=1219577635]

[/quote]

alonso mispasses and being caught in possession is the fault of being surrounded by donkeys?
[/quote]

He wasn't that bad, yeah he got caught in possesssion a few times, but he shouldn't have to play the DM role, and it would help if we have decent wide players and decent movement on the flanks to utilise his strengths.

Fuck off rebel.
He continues to do fuck all for us. Its hardly hysteria when its the same fucking thing week in week out.
Frankly im astonished to see anyone defending him.
Hes fucking shite.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Alonso played 67 passes yesterday and completed 76% of them (Gerrard played 43 and completed 67%), the most of any Liverpool player, he tries to do things and as such will make the odd mistake... would you prefer him to just hit it square to Gerrard and back to the defence all game? that would send you to sleep and we'd have a 0-0

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=26402.msg655614#msg655614 date=1219577837]
Fuck off rebel.
He continues to do fuck all for us. Its hardly hysteria when its the same fucking thing week in week out.
Hes fucking shite.
[/quote]

I thought he played well last week oncy (probably one of our best players so far this season).

[quote author=mark1975 link=topic=26402.msg655613#msg655613 date=1219577811]

[/quote]

[/quote]

He wasn't that bad, yeah he got caught in possesssion a few times, but he shouldn't have to play the DM role, and it would help if we have decent wide players and decent movement on the flanks to utilise his strengths.
[/quote]

sorry but my patient with alonso is now in the same place as rafa's patience with alonso, he is getting caught in possession in crucial areas people the opposition are marking him as a player to put early pressure on and its costing us, and then there are the wayward bread and butter passes.

look, masherano arrives for the next game we'll see if alonso pushes up and returns to the form he displayed in his first season but I'm not hopeful.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=26402.msg655614#msg655614 date=1219577837]
Fuck off rebel.
Hes fucking shite.
[/quote]

how did you assess his performance against Sunderland? did he do fuck all for us on that occasion when he came on and changed the game, taking control of the midfield?

Fuck off hes shite.
Im not having this argument anymore, everyone defending him and saying he isnt playing in the right place, or he isnt used properly or he bosses one game in 30!
Fuck off with that shit, hes fucking bilge.

He was okay against sunderland. Whats your point.
You dont have one, coz hes shite.

he is far from shite, he is a quality player who last week changed a game.

are you suggesting he's championship standard or something? fuck sake

I thought I posted in this thread a few minutes ago ......

He was dire yesterday. Absolutely rubbish.

But ... in his defence Gerrard did absolutely none of the bread and butter work that's needed to be done by a CM in 4-4-2 so when you leave one player to do the work of two it's never going to be good.

I dont care what standard he is Rebel, he can go and play for Milan if he wants, so long as he fucks off out of it.
I'll be happy never to see him lumbering round our midfield again.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=26402.msg655643#msg655643 date=1219579465]

But ... in his defence Gerrard did absolutely none of the bread and butter work that's needed to be done by a CM in 4-4-2 so when you leave one player to do the work of two it's never going to be good.
[/quote]

hence the reason he should play in an advanced position (through the middle) his game has moved past the defensive stuff, we have players for the defensive stuff but few who offer his attacking threat.

[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=26402.msg655646#msg655646 date=1219579923]
[quote author=Rosco link=topic=26402.msg655643#msg655643 date=1219579465]

[/quote]

hence the reason he should play in an advanced position (through the middle) his game has moved past the defensive stuff, we have players for the defensive stuff but few who offer his attacking threat.
[/quote]

I agree mate.

There are loads of reasons why we can't play 4-4-2, Gerrard's laziness is one of them. We don't have the wingers to play it either.

I just don't understand why after last season when he found a system that suited our central midfielders our widemen (I use that term lightly) and Torres and Gerrard he insists on changing it back to something which hasn't worked for us for ages.

We've been dire for the three competitive games we've had, we won't be lucky all season long.

Oh flashback from last night - Oncy summed it up well last night. The only reason for the current system is to accomodate Robbie Keane but we'd be better off making him play out wide on the right in a 4-2-3-1 even though he isn't suited to it than inconveniencing half of our team to play him where he wants to play.

It's one of the reasons why I have been steadfastly against the Keane signing. It made no fucking sense at the outset and still doesn't make any

Wasn't yesterday a sort of a 4-2-3-1 with Keane in the Gerrard role and Stevie back in the 2 alongside Xabi?

Anyway, Rafa's hands have a been a bit tied in who he can play in central midfield with both Lucas and Mascher away, Barry still at Villa and Plessis not seemingly good enough.

It'll be interesting to see what he does with Stevie and Keane now that Mascher and Lucas are coming back. I hope he will push Stevie forward and Keane out to the right in a 4-2-3-1, with them interchanging in the match.

Maybe the reason that we've changed from 4-3-3 is the fact that we've been missing Mascher, Lucas and Babel (note that Xabi was carrying a knock for the 1st league game).

Now that we are back to full strength id hope that we go back to this with Keane playing on the right instead of Kuyt.

----------------Pepe---------------------

Arby------Carra--TYPF3-------Dossena

-----SG-------Mascher-----Xabi---------

----Keane-----Torres-----Babel---------

Can easily have

Mascher--Xabi
--------SG--------

[quote author=Brendan link=topic=26402.msg655713#msg655713 date=1219583767]
Yeah, maybe a better bet on Saturday would have been Plessis ahead of Alonso
[/quote]

Ha.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=26402.msg655352#msg655352 date=1219530287]
Utter shite. As FFF said... "what's the point of someone who can pass it 60 yards, but can't pass it 10 yards?".

Correct statement. I've had enough. Woeful.
[/quote]

Jon in 'Actually made sense when pissed shocka'!

[quote author=rebel23 link=topic=26402.msg655616#msg655616 date=1219577909]
Alonso played 67 passes yesterday and completed 76% of them (Gerrard played 43 and completed 67%), the most of any Liverpool player, he tries to do things and as such will make the odd mistake... would you prefer him to just hit it square to Gerrard and back to the defence all game? that would send you to sleep and we'd have a 0-0
[/quote]

Rebel in 'Using percentage based stats to back up his complete bollocks shocka'

Seriously rebel I dont care what the completed pass stats say, that performance he put in yesterday was complete gash.

[quote author=Brendan link=topic=26402.msg655713#msg655713 date=1219583767]
Yeah, maybe a better bet on Saturday would have been Plessis ahead of Alonso
[/quote]

Hahahaha, on any day, anyone, including anyone who posts on here, would be a better bet than Plessis, it's hardly a ringing endorsement.

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=26402.msg655324#msg655324 date=1219527863]
[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=26402.msg655288#msg655288 date=1219523055]
He was very very bad.
[/quote]

We've said that far too often over the last 24 months, and still, people defend him non-stop. He's not good enough for the system, the league or whatever. Once Masher comes back, he's on the bench and he'll be a good option off the bench until someone pays 15 mill.
[/quote]

Behave. That was probably his worst Liverpool performance ever and it's certainly not the norm.

Fuck off rebel.
Hes fucking shite.
[/quote]

S'pose I'll be the yin to that yang then.

He's not "fucking shite" Oncy, however you dress it up. He's an excellent footballer, who (for whatever reasons) has fallen completely out of his way with us in the last few seasons. Whether it's a measure of the way we play, the onus we place on him to be more of a physical presence than the footballer he wants to be, the rigours of the premier league, or the less free-flowing game he's used to from Spain I'm not sure. In his defence, he gets unconsciously compared to Gerrard by far too many. He's not that player, nor is he Mascherano (although quite how somebody as limited as the Argentinian gets the praise he does on here and elsewhere is beyond me), and as a result he unfairly gets the shorter straw.

He was shit on Saturday no doubt about it, but he completely changed the game the week before. Anybody with half a capacity to understand the game can see how instrumental he can be on occassions like that, but unfortunately for us and him those cameos have been few and far between recently. It's a shame to watch him stroll aroudn the park for his national side looking completely at ease with all that's going around him, strutting like the proverbial peacock, and looking the player we bought from Sociedad all those years ago. He can play, but seemingly not for us.

I remember going to see a Celtic - Rangers game about 5 years ago; full hustle n bustle, tackles everywhere, Bobo Balde in his fucking element, anathema to any form of 'football'. In the centre of Rangers' midfield was Mikel Arteta. He didn't get a kick for the 55 minutes he was afforded on the pitch. I thought he was gonna cry he way he was being bullied everywhere. He was laughed off the pitch, and sent back to Spain within a few months. Ity's amazing what comfort zones, appreciation and most importantly confidence (or lack thereof) can do to some players. Rangers wasn't Arteta's environment, just like Liverppol's isn't Alonso's.

Many posters at here already said thousand times that He got talent but not suit to our system. that ‘s all. That's fact. And yet still got people defend him and protect him .

He is not shite but NOT suit to our system.

I don't care he is big name or not, if he cant fit into our system, just sell.

Just like Veron, world class player, "king' of Serie A, but just cant adapt to Premier League, so? SELL....

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=26402.msg656081#msg656081 date=1219630799]
Fuck off rebel.
Hes fucking shite.
[/quote]

S'pose I'll be the yin to that yang then.

He's not "fucking shite" Oncy, however you dress it up. He's an excellent footballer, who (for whatever reasons) has fallen completely out of his way with us in the last few seasons. Whether it's a measure of the way we play, the onus we place on him to be more of a physical presence than the footballer he wants to be, the rigours of the premier league, or the less free-flowing game he's used to from Spain I'm not sure. In his defence, he gets unconsciously compared to Gerrard by far too many. He's not that player, nor is he Mascherano (although quite how somebody as limited as the Argentinian gets the praise he does on here and elsewhere is beyond me), and as a result he unfairly gets the shorter straw.

He was shit on Saturday no doubt about it, but he completely changed the game the week before. Anybody with half a capacity to understand the game can see how instrumental he can be on occassions like that, but unfortunately for us and him those cameos have been few and far between recently. It's a shame to watch him stroll aroudn the park for his national side looking completely at ease with all that's going around him, strutting like the proverbial peacock, and looking the player we bought from Sociedad all those years ago. He can play, but seemingly not for us.

I remember going to see a Celtic - Rangers game about 5 years ago; full hustle n bustle, tackles everywhere, Bobo Balde in his fucking element, anathema to any form of 'football'. In the centre of Rangers' midfield was Mikel Arteta. He didn't get a kick for the 55 minutes he was afforded on the pitch. I thought he was gonna cry he way he was being bullied everywhere. He was laughed off the pitch, and sent back to Spain within a few months. Ity's amazing what comfort zones, appreciation and most importantly confidence (or lack thereof) can do to some players. Rangers wasn't Arteta's environment, just like Liverppol's isn't Alonso's.
[/quote]

Which is why it's best for BOTH sides that he moves on ...

Alonso was poor saturday, but he was only the half of a midfield pairing who looked completely lost. Alonso tracked back where Gerrard cam jogging along with our attacking players, and the passion for the game was schocking. They both lost the ball more than they kept it . I cant get it... Luckily Gerrard repaired it in the dying seconds.. Cause that midfield display was fucking brutal!

When Masher comes back Xabi will get less and less games. If we couldn't find a replacement for him, sell him in January window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom