• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

alonso

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice post Ryan, and *i know* hes not shite, its just my way. I dont want him to play for us again, regardless the reason 9 times out of 10 he is a passenger and we cannot win the league with him in a key position.

[quote author=Pandabear link=topic=26402.msg656127#msg656127 date=1219646678]
If you had to keep one, which one is it Insignificance?
[/quote]

Errrr.. Tough one isnt it?? 😛

I was just surprised and dissapointed that two top internationals allowed themselves to not control that game at all.

However, to their defence Boro played s a tough and aggressive pressure on us. They pushed their forwards extremely high to put pressure on ourt back four. This led to the back for hoofing the ball over the heads of Gerrard and Alonso. For some reason we decided to keep Keane, Kuyt and Yossi running around central and trying to be smart. The game was crying for wide players, and we had none of it. We made it chocking easy to defend against. When Stevie and Xabi got the ball the only options they had to play was no wider than the 16yard line on each side. They still should be much much more accurate. How you believe you can roll the ball towards a player 20 yards away with it not being intercepted by any of the five blueshirts in between is way beyond me.

But the poor performance is not down to only one reason. The middle two got no help from the three in front of them. The ballhoofing helped noone either. Agger and Hyypia is players who can bring the ball through the opposition presslevel. Skrtel, Dossena, Carra and Arbeloa is not capable of this.

El Zhar, Pennant and a fit Babel are men to stick it out wide. Keane, Kuyt (what the hell was he doing keeping Dossena company on the left back???) and Yossi is not capable of this.

Torres was packed in by 3 blue shirts. The movement around him was non existent...

[quote author=Insignificance link=topic=26402.msg656161#msg656161 date=1219650844]
How you believe you can roll the ball towards a player 20 yards away with it not being intercepted by any of the five blueshirts in between is way beyond me.
[/quote]

This is not the fault of alonso or gerrard. We will never have the space that our three rivals get because we don't have good wingers. So we have to pass it through blueshirts all day long. Even if we buy a wide man, he will be nowhere fucking near the threat that the scum and chav wingers are. so the other team will still pack the middle against us to stop our only credible goalscoring threat. So, alonso and gerrard are our only players who can actually see a pass inbetween 4 or 5 blueshirts. And yes it will only come off every now and then. But what the fuck do you want, a 0-0 draw instead?

[quote author=monsieurdantes link=topic=26402.msg656266#msg656266 date=1219658833]
[quote author=Insignificance link=topic=26402.msg656161#msg656161 date=1219650844]
How you believe you can roll the ball towards a player 20 yards away with it not being intercepted by any of the five blueshirts in between is way beyond me.
[/quote]

This is not the fault of alonso or gerrard. We will never have the space that our three rivals get because we don't have good wingers. So we have to pass it through blueshirts all day long. Even if we buy a wide man, he will be nowhere fucking near the threat that the scum and chav wingers are. so the other team will still pack the middle against us to stop our only credible goalscoring threat. So, alonso and gerrard are our only players who can actually see a pass inbetween 4 or 5 blueshirts. And yes it will only come off every now and then. But what the fuck do you want, a 0-0 draw instead?

[/quote]

Well the way we play is not their fault. but if they try to pass through 3 blue shirts at least they have to pass the ball, not roll it in the direction of a red shirt.

Liverpool's Xabi Alonso is on the wish list Arsenal's Cesc Fabregas to join him at The Emirates.

The Gunners have been linked with Alonso.

The 21-year-old said: "I'd love it!

"What can I say? He is my friend and apart from that he is a great professional, a great passer of the ball, he works hard defensively, he's scoring goals now, he's experienced and he is only 26.

"For me he would be perfect."

The gooners need steel in their midfield, an Essien, Mascherano type player who's going to give them a bit of beef in the middle of the park. Not Xabi.

But fuck it, if they are paying, we're selling ! 😉

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=26402.msg656312#msg656312 date=1219662202]
I'm not sold Xabi would do well at Arsenal ...
[/quote]

With Arsenal's style of play, he'd always have options in front of him. his passing is his forte. I think he'll have a field day.

[/quote]

If he has to go i'd rather it was to a club outside of the EPL, it would be a little hard to take watching him potentially turn it on with a domestic rival.

[quote author=Rafa4PM link=topic=26402.msg656323#msg656323 date=1219662958]
[/quote]

If he has to go i'd rather it was to a club outside of the EPL, it would be a little hard to take watching him potentially turn it on with a domestic rival.
[/quote]

obviously - career wise, i think he should move back to Spain where his skills are suited far better (Or Italy).

[quote author=foureyes link=topic=26402.msg656320#msg656320 date=1219662904]
[/quote]

With Arsenal's style of play, he'd always have options in front of him. his passing is his forte. I think he'll have a field day.
[/quote]

Arsenal don't need a passer of the ball, their whole team gives them that, more or less.

They need a ball winner and someone who'll beef up their team. Fulham was a perfect example of them needing this. fucking Fulham of all teams bossed them about in the middle of the park.

[quote author=Hardcastle link=topic=26402.msg656325#msg656325 date=1219663034]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Arsenal don't need a passer of the ball, their whole team gives them that, more or less.

They need a ball winner and someone who'll beef up their team. Fulham was a perfect example of them needing this. fucking Fulham of all teams bossed them about in the middle of the park.
[/quote]

Who's to say Wenger won't buy a DM too? He doesn't have a decent CM other than Cesc. He let Gilberto and Flamini go last season so is desperately short. He easily has room for Xabi and a decent DM. Look at who he had in midfield for Fulham. They were shocking. The advantage of Xabi is that should their new DM get injured, he can do a job as a DM, as he has done for us a few times, although he's much better suited to the role he plays for Spain.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

grrrrr stop listening to f*kers like Alan Hansen. Our problem on Saturday was that we couldn't pass the ball for sh1t. It was ridiculously obvious, it had absolutely nothing to do with a lack of "steel" or whatever. It's very rarely a problem for us anymore, its just been a myth carried on from 2 seasons ago.

[quote author=nornirongooner link=topic=26402.msg656513#msg656513 date=1219677934]

grrrrr stop listening to f*kers like Alan Hansen. Our problem on Saturday was that we couldn't pass the ball for sh1t. It was ridiculously obvious, it had absolutely nothing to do with a lack of "steel" or whatever. It's very rarely a problem for us anymore, its just been a myth carried on from 2 seasons ago.

[/quote]

You had a kid and a right back in your engine room on Saturday and it's no surprise that Fulham won the midfield battle.

Would you be happy with Xabi?

[quote author=nornirongooner link=topic=26402.msg656513#msg656513 date=1219677934]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You've got no one that can tackle in the middle of the park mate....

Your whole team passes the ball to death, so I don't think passing is your problem. You try and walk in half your goals.

How many trophies have Arsenal wonn since Vieira left?

[quote author=Brendan link=topic=26402.msg656623#msg656623 date=1219687821]

How many trophies have Arsenal wonn since Vieira left?
[/quote]

We've had defensive ball winners in Flamini and Gilberto the past few seasons so that argument doesn't really work. Also, im not denying we need a ball winner, im just saying it wasn't the reason for us losing on Saturday. We'd no problem getting the ball, it was what we did with it which brought about the defeat. Even during Vieiras latter years we got this bull shit about a lack of steel. Its just a dig that ignorant deluded twats use against us instead of actually watching us and pin pointing the real problems.

[quote author=Mors link=topic=26402.msg656610#msg656610 date=1219687108]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You've got no one that can tackle in the middle of the park mate....

Your whole team passes the ball to death, so I don't think passing is your problem. You try and walk in half your goals.
[/quote]

If you watch Saturdays game you will see that passing was our problem, nothing to do with winning the ball as i've said. Also, Cescs tackling and defensive ability is very under rated because of his small stature.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=26402.msg656153#msg656153 date=1219649239]
Nice post Ryan, and *i know* hes not shite, its just my way. I dont want him to play for us again, regardless the reason 9 times out of 10 he is a passenger and we cannot win the league with him in a key position.

[/quote]

He's in the wrong 'key' position though Oncy, I think he's been grossly misused.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=26402.msg656081#msg656081 date=1219630799]
[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=26402.msg655614#msg655614 date=1219577837]
Fuck off rebel.
He continues to do fuck all for us. Its hardly hysteria when its the same fucking thing week in week out.
Frankly im astonished to see anyone defending him.
Hes fucking shite.
[/quote]

S'pose I'll be the yin to that yang then.

He's not "fucking shite" Oncy, however you dress it up. He's an excellent footballer, who (for whatever reasons) has fallen completely out of his way with us in the last few seasons. Whether it's a measure of the way we play, the onus we place on him to be more of a physical presence than the footballer he wants to be, the rigours of the premier league, or the less free-flowing game he's used to from Spain I'm not sure. In his defence, he gets unconsciously compared to Gerrard by far too many. He's not that player, nor is he Mascherano (although quite how somebody as limited as the Argentinian gets the praise he does on here and elsewhere is beyond me), and as a result he unfairly gets the shorter straw.

He was shit on Saturday no doubt about it, but he completely changed the game the week before. Anybody with half a capacity to understand the game can see how instrumental he can be on occassions like that, but unfortunately for us and him those cameos have been few and far between recently. It's a shame to watch him stroll aroudn the park for his national side looking completely at ease with all that's going around him, strutting like the proverbial peacock, and looking the player we bought from Sociedad all those years ago. He can play, but seemingly not for us.

I remember going to see a Celtic - Rangers game about 5 years ago; full hustle n bustle, tackles everywhere, Bobo Balde in his fucking element, anathema to any form of 'football'. In the centre of Rangers' midfield was Mikel Arteta. He didn't get a kick for the 55 minutes he was afforded on the pitch. I thought he was gonna cry he way he was being bullied everywhere. He was laughed off the pitch, and sent back to Spain within a few months. Ity's amazing what comfort zones, appreciation and most importantly confidence (or lack thereof) can do to some players. Rangers wasn't Arteta's environment, just like Liverppol's isn't Alonso's.
[/quote]

Brilliant post.

I remember going to see a Celtic - Rangers game about 5 years ago; full hustle n bustle, tackles everywhere, Bobo Balde in his fucking element, anathema to any form of 'football'. In the centre of Rangers' midfield was Mikel Arteta. He didn't get a kick for the 55 minutes he was afforded on the pitch. I thought he was gonna cry he way he was being bullied everywhere. He was laughed off the pitch, and sent back to Spain within a few months. Ity's amazing what comfort zones, appreciation and most importantly confidence (or lack thereof) can do to some players. Rangers wasn't Arteta's environment

Great stuff.

Apart from the fact that it's largely fucking bollocks, and appears to be based around Ryan "OH WOW!" watching ONE FUCKING GAME.
Arteta was one of the big crowd favourites at Rangers, and scored 8 goals in less than 30 gamesin his last season.

The reason he left was that he got the arse about being shunted about the pitch to accommodate Ferguson, and moaned about it.

He was excellent at Rangers.

[quote author=Brendan link=topic=26402.msg656718#msg656718 date=1219695381]
I remember going to see a Celtic - Rangers game about 5 years ago; full hustle n bustle, tackles everywhere, Bobo Balde in his fucking element, anathema to any form of 'football'. In the centre of Rangers' midfield was Mikel Arteta. He didn't get a kick for the 55 minutes he was afforded on the pitch. I thought he was gonna cry he way he was being bullied everywhere. He was laughed off the pitch, and sent back to Spain within a few months. Ity's amazing what comfort zones, appreciation and most importantly confidence (or lack thereof) can do to some players. Rangers wasn't Arteta's environment

Great stuff.

Apart from the fact that it's largely fucking bollocks, and appears to be based around Ryan "OH WOW!" watching ONE FUCKING GAME.
Arteta was one of the big crowd favourites at Rangers, and scored 8 goals in less than 30 gamesin his last season.

The reason he left was that he got the arse about being shunted about the pitch to accommodate Ferguson, and moaned about it.

[/quote]

I agreed with Ryan. Now I don't.

[quote author=Paddy link=topic=26402.msg656820#msg656820 date=1219706693]
[/quote]

That just proves you're easily led paddy.

[quote author=FoxForceFive link=topic=26402.msg656833#msg656833 date=1219708208]
[quote author=Paddy link=topic=26402.msg656820#msg656820 date=1219706693]
[/quote]

That just proves you're easily led paddy.
[/quote]

The Brendan effect.

[quote author=Brendan link=topic=26402.msg656718#msg656718 date=1219695381]

Great stuff.

[/quote]

Wikipedia again eh?

He was bought for 6M Brendan, and sold for nothing 2 years later. A Rangers "fans favourite"? What an educated view that is.

Stick to the Music forum bren.

[quote author=Brendan link=topic=26402.msg656914#msg656914 date=1219733776]
I've missed this.
[/quote]

You big scoper.

I'm off home. Mwah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom