• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Arsenal post match thoughts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers wizardry.

As I said in the match thread, add sturridge or another pacy decent striker into that side & we win by at least a couple.

That's not gonna mean the defence is ok or we don't need a keeper. We're appalling at the back.

Being more clinical & having sterling deeper to make attacks will help us beat a lot of teams regardless of the defence though.

Our inability to defend cost us again.
Our new signings are really starting to prosper which is excellent but something has to be done about set pieces it's getting beyond a joke now.

Great performance up to the penalty area, really undeserved result. 65% possession against one of the best passing teams in the league, and masses of chances created. I thought we played even better than last year against these. Progress

One good passing move from Arsenal in the entire game cost us. Debuchy fouled Skrtel for their first goal. Oliver is a cunt

Better from us..

The lack of a decent striker is really hurting us.. Arsenal where there for the taking

Though their is no excuse for our defending..

Goalkeeper and defence a big worry but our attacking play was very good bar the poor finishing.

Please sell Borini asap.

Goalkeeper and defence a big worry but our attacking play was very good bar the poor finishing.

Please sell Borini asap.
He had a go when he came on.

Probably tried too hard.. thus resulting in him being a bit reckless.

Defo needs to be sold..

We don't create enough chances and we've got no-one to really put them away when we do.

We can't defend.

Some of the stuff we do in the middle is decent but that's about it.

What else can you say really?

We've got talent in the squad but at the moment it's all going to waste so it all feels very pointless, very frustrating and I'm very fed up with it all.

There were moments to really find faith in. About half an hour in, for example, in the last third of their half, the movement off the ball, everywhere across the pitch, was brilliant. We're slowly getting back. We can't get back any further, really, until we get a striker in, but this has been a proper fightback to form.

Same old, really. I always thought Rodgers would get us attacking well again in the end, he's good at that. And, minus a functioning striker, he has. But then I always worried that we'd be held back by a total inability to defend. And we still are being, and I've no confidence that's ever going to change.

The league season is more or less over, now. We're cut adrift from the challengers for 3rd and 4th, and only the most remarkable of runs will put us back in contention.

Having said that, we may as well keep BR on because there's little more to lose, inlcuding the opportunity of bringing in a better manager, and it at least gives him the chance to show once and for all whether can coach the team properly.

We don't create enough chances and we've got no-one to really put them away when we do.

We can't defend.

We've got talent in the squad but at the moment it's all going to waste so it all feels very pointless, very frustrating and I'm very fed up with it all.

We had 27 shots today against a top 4 side.

I thought, football wise, that was our best performance of the season. No real striker, though, killed us.

Jones 6; Heart in mouth stuff. Thought he could have done better for their first but had no chance on their second. Far more accomplished on the ground than Ming, a little better when the ball comes in the area but not much. Certainly not as good a shot stopper. Good save at the end which saved us a point and my laptop from getting smashed.

Sakho 7.5; I'll hear other comments but I thought he was really good. Some great tackles and was really impressed with his passing. He's got less pace than Sami and Carra's genetic offspring but thought he was really good, accomplished and a presence on that side. Very encouraged.

Skrtel 7; I don't know how much blame to give him for the goal. Certainly should have done better but also should have had some help. Thought he was pretty strong for the rest of the game and gets and extra point for the equaliser with what was, frankly, an excellent header.

Toure 6.5; Few nervy moments but otherwise I thought he played well. Tried to role past opponents a few times and lost the ball which wasn't so good but no real errors though he was caught a little short with their second. He does bring an organisational voice to our backline.

Markovic 7; Didn't end up with an end product but really starting to show why he was such a good signing. I missed it if it was explained - why did he come off? Had one really good chance and another fair chance in the first half, ran at the defense, linked up beautifully with Coutinho and Sterling on occasions. Lost the ball a couple of times trying to take them on but that's what happens when you try to take the game on. Looked really good.

Henderson 6; I reckon I'm being generous here. Got an assist when Coutinho still had a lot to do for the opener but it was a good ball in traffic and deserves credit. Thought he was utterly AWOL for their equaliser and really did nothing else all game until the last 15 when, stretched, his energy started to come to the fore. He's got a big role to play for us in the future but he's not justifying his place right now.

Lucas 7.5; I'd have given him an 8 until the last 10 minutes when he either started to lose concentration or was really tired. Excellent first half where he kept us very solid, recycled the ball quickly and helped get players into space. Good effort which should have had us a corner was followed by an exceptional run, touch and shot which would have been goal of the week but missed by a fraction.

Gerrard 6.5; Also good. Some of those saying he shouldn't be on the pitch need to have a look at themselves. Thought he was very controlled in midfield, got in some good tackles and his shooting boots seem to be coming back - albeit slowly. One thing missing was some of his laser style passing which left him completely in the first 15 minutes and was erratic otherwise.

Lallana 7.5; My MOM. He'd have had an 8 as well if it wasn't for the fact he also tired and disappeared for 15 minutes before the final onslaught. I said in the match thread, some of his little cameos are reminiscent of Suarez; his turns, tight control, movement, work rate and technique with both feet are a joy to watch.

Coutinho 7; Also good. Constantly giving them a nightmare when on the ball, well taken goal which he did a lot himself and also got in their face which I really liked. Had the chance, though, to be an absolute hero but missed a couple of very gettable chances with a cuffed shot straight into the ground. If he can get that sorted he'll be a very complete player.

Sterling 6; Seems harsh giving him a 6 cause he worked his socks off. Looked a little lost in the central role on this one though and he was effectively closed down by their back line. Was a lot more effective when he shifted out wide with Borini's introduction.

Subs
Borini 5; Did what he's always done. Ran hard, chased lost causes, worked, found space but did nothing with it. Stupid first yellow and an atrocious second which could have been a straight red. Surely his last game for us

Lambert 5.5; Had a very limited opportunity and didn't really make it count . Wished he'd had the header rather than Borini but, ultimately, he's our third ranked striker and emphasises the fact we needed to buy better in that area in the summer.

Rodgers 7; Thought the side played for him and it was a good side he put out. People can say what they like about our backline but, really, we looked very solid and in control against a very good passing team but for two errors - both of which cost us. Ultimately he's paying the price for relying too heavily on Sturridge. Had he been able to put a fit Daniel on the pitch we win that match, IMO, quite comfortably. He desperately needs January - or Sturridge fit - or both.

We can't defend.

Yep.. where I am at.. not being boring.. Just fed up.

Though I do take positives from today performance, but we are becoming somewhat predictable...

January we need a Goalkeeper, a defender with leadership qualities and someone with quality up front, who can put the ball in the back of net..

The league season is more or less over, now. We're cut adrift from the challengers for 3rd and 4th, and only the most remarkable of runs will put us back in contention.

WTF ? We are 5 points behind Spurs and Arsenal. Southampton & West Ham must still be heavy odds against finishing in the Top 6. So a 5 point deficit to the real contenders for 4th and we are not even half way through the season yet.

Jesus Christ you are as bad as those cunts on TV. He did NOT use it as an excuse ! He said we passed the ball around very well DESPITE the poor pitch.

*shakes head*.
He's referencing the pitch as a reason as to something that could hinder our performance.

It's fucking bullshit to mention it FULL STOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom