• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Arsenal post match thoughts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF ? We are 5 points behind Spurs and Arsenal. Southampton & West Ham must still be heavy odds against finishing in the Top 6. So a 5 point deficit to the real contenders for 4th and we are not even half way through the season yet.

I actually agree! We have a good chance to win 5 in a row now. Way too much kneejerk from some really solid posters these days.

Granted, we are lucky to still have that chance with the worst start in 54 years. Hahaha

Arsenal havent had so little possession in a game since Opta stats started in 2003. 35%.

Jones - 6.5 - steady, generally excellent distribution and kicking. I prefer him in goal to Ming. Can't blame him for either goal.

Skrtel - 4 - Courageous and a superb header to save us a point (however I'm not giving him a point for it because we shouldn't have been in that situation in the first place) should save him from the criticism he deserves. Ball watching for BOTH goals. Was completely unaware of Debuchy - even though he was his man - had he just stepped up one pace Debuchy would have been offside. For the second there was only one player, Giroud, to mark yet his eyes were fixed on the ball, a yard closer to Giroud and he cuts out the pass. People will say I've got it in for Skirts, but that's not all true, I didn't used to have, it's only recently I've come to realise how fucking shite he really is.

Lucas - 7 - I would give him more but he completely dozed off over the past 10-15 mins. Unlucky with his shot, I thought it was excellent under pressure.

Gerrard - 6.5 - I honestly don't understand the criticism in the match thread. He & Lucas dominated the midfield. Most of his 'hollywood passes' found the man, a high % considering the difficulty level.

Markovic - 7 - keep it up lad. His passing, as well as his control and pace, is excellent. I think he still needs to adjust to the pace of the PL because a few times it seems he thought he had more time than he actually did.

Coutinho - 8.5 - just his shooting detracts from a 9 or 9.5 performance.

Others :
Sakho - 7.5 (Excellent), Toure - 6.5, Lallana - 7, Sterling - 7.

Borini - disappointing because at least he was getting into the right places, was pulling the defence around and he can actually, you know, shoot !

BR - 7 - I understand the Markovic substitution. When I saw Borini coming on I wondered who would go off but Marko had been a little quiet for the previous 10 mins. Obviously it was to push Sterling wide and to get someone who can actually strike a ball into the centre.

It's so good watching people who can actually control a ball in possession; Lallana, Coutinho, Lucas, Markovic, Gerrard and Sterling were all excellent in that regard and the difference it makes in ball retention and denying the opposition the opportunity to attack is very important to our game.
We were very unlucky not to win that - and I think most commentators are in agreement. If we keep on playing like that then we will quickly rise up the league to fight it out for 4th.

One good passing move from Arsenal in the entire game cost us. Debuchy fouled Skrtel for their first goal. Oliver is a cunt

It wasn't that good. We had three defenders in the box and not one of them tracked Giroud's run after he laid it off. Shite.

Coutinho frustrates the hell out of me.

Cracking goal and a generally good performance where he worked hard..... but....

He gets in to so many good positions and then tries to play an impossible through ball, which is inevitably over-hit or intercepted, or he gets into a good shooting position and 9 times out of 10 scuffs it, pulls it wide or trickles it to the keeper.

I don't mean to be harsh on him - but I want more from him - he can be a real joy to watch and so frustrating.

WTF ? We are 5 points behind Spurs and Arsenal. Southampton & West Ham must still be heavy odds against finishing in the Top 6. So a 5 point deficit to the real contenders for 4th and we are not even half way through the season yet.

There was a stat posted on twitter that no team with this few points after 17 games and finished higher than sixth. We've left ourselves a mountain to climb, in reality. We suddenly need to at least double our points return.

It's highly unlikely.

110M spent and Skrtel is saving us(and Rodgers)...useless overpaid wankers, that was beyond pathetic up front.
A loss today and Rodgers was out, he wont finish the season if we keep playing like that

Jesus Christ.....
6580d39fad16f5fdf26c49d01c87a6fc.jpg

How many sots on and off targets the last 2 games? I prefer not to know...not far from 50 i guess
And its an injured Skrtel thats saving us in the 96th minute.
Rodgers and his transfer/scouting staff share the blame, 110M wasted, it deserves the sack

Quoted so I've no idea if it's true .. but if it is WTF !?

Carragher said on MNF that Rodgers is different from Benitez and Houllier in that he doesn't specifically have separate drills with the back 4 to work on positioning etc.

Stats:
Possession : 63.5% to 36.5% (the lowest stat recorded for Arsenal since Opta started keeping records).
Shots : 27 (10) to 7 (3)
Shots Blocked : 4 to 1
Corners : 10 to 6
Passes : 609 to 345
Passes Long : 9.7% to 15.7%
Crosses : 20 to 13
Tackles : 32 to 26
Fouls : 6 to 14

Quoted so I've no idea if it's true .. but if it is WTF !?

Carragher said on MNF that Rodgers is different from Benitez and Houllier in that he doesn't specifically have separate drills with the back 4 to work on positioning etc.
Probably explains a lot.. A hell of a lot..

The defending at times is so amateurish..

When Arsenal scored their second, the only marking appeared to be on the goal itself..

I'm really going to enjoy watching Markovic now, he's a bright little fellow.

Yeah, but he's doing all his best work 50 metres from goal. I know it's a needs-must situation at the moment, but Brodge has to find a way to get him closer to goal.

Yeah, but he's doing all his best work 50 metres from goal. I know it's a needs-must situation at the moment, but Brodge has to find a way to get him closer to goal.
Needs to play in the forward 3 line.. Drop Lallana back into midfield..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom