• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

EFL cup Q/F - Villa (Away)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modo

A contentious scando
Klopp has just named the squad that will travel to Qatar for the World club cup. Two names of interest in relation to this game are in it, Neco Williams and Curtis Jones.
The two lads will not be participating in the Villa game.

Neco is the kid who hit the cross to Origi in the last minute of the Arsenal game.

In the last game U23 game the following were missing and might give a slight indication to what team we might start with:

Caoimhin Kelleher, Ki-Jana Hoever, Sepp van den Berg, Yasser Larouci, Morgan Boyes, Pedro Chirivella, Herbie Kane, Isaac Christie-Davies, Harvey Elliott, Luis Longstaff, Tony Gallacher and Rhian Brewster.

So it might look like this:

Caoimhin Kelleher

Tony Gallacher
Ki-Jana Hoever
Sepp van den Berg
Yasser Larouci

Pedro Chirivella
Elijah Dixon-Bonner
Isaac Christie-Davies

Harvey Elliott
Rhian Brewster
Herbie Kane

Last edited:
I don’t think it’s that simple. I think that Klopp has three squads for 3 games intersecting like a Venn diagram. Some senior players will play vs Villa and then fly out for the final. So we will play two less than 100% teams in the villa game and the Monterrey game with full strength for the final

Eg shaq, Lallana, Gomez and Adrian play with the core U23 guys whilst the best U23 play in the Monterrey fixture with 2/3 of the firstteam

I don’t think it’s that simple. I think that Klopp has three squads for 3 games intersecting like a Venn diagram. Some senior players will play vs Villa and then fly out for the final. So we will play two less than 100% teams in the villa game and the Monterrey game with full strength for the final
Doesn’t look that way from the list of players who flew to Qatar today!

We’ll lose, and probably quite a bad result. But who cares, and it will be a great experience for the kids.

Park the bus for 89 mins then go all out last min with inverted Christmas tree. CM 00/01 tactic but you need a Peter Prosper or Marcelo Gallardo for it to have a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we will embarrass those twats.

How great would it be if we did? Not that we need more games like, but if we went through after all the fiasco that's surrounded it, it'd be immense.

I'm guessing Villa already believe they're through and knowing the squad we've put forward for it, they're bound to be pretty much full strength. Who could blame them?

I have to say aswell, I was really impressed with Williams in the Arsenal game, he seems to have it all - great passing and crossing, skill and composure on the ball. He's going to be a player if he carries on performing like that.

85916113.jpg

It's not inconceivable Herbie Kane could play, but as a stocky, relatively slow-moving and these days primarily defensive midfielder, I doubt he'll be in the front three.

I honestly think Klopp would love to go out of this.

We go through & our fixture list will be INSANE.

If we do go through I really wouldn't be surprised if he allows the same team to play the next game too.

Villa will put their kids out too. They’re 17th and have a 6 pointer against Southampton on Saturday.

Villa will put their kids out too. They’re 17th and have a 6 pointer against Southampton on Saturday.
It would actually be amazing if they did.
Big of them not to capitalise on our situation and say fuck it, let's make it a reserve game.

Was about to post this. No way Villa goes with a strong squad given their position on the table, only ahead of 18th because of gd, and the game against Soton, which would be their 3rd game in a week. Plus knowing ahead of time we’re playing the reserves i think makes it even more likely they’ll rest their key players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom