• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Enter Shaqiri (Done Deal!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone turning their nose up at him for £12 million needs to take a look at our bench. Absolute state of it currently, he is better attacking option than Ings and Solanke, and is some proper cover for the front 3. I'd take him all day.

Same arguments were made about pennet and to a lesser extent downing

The point of buying top players and not squad players anymore is that once you buy a player for the first-team, you downgrade a starting player to the bench, and therefore strengthen it, not by buying directly for the bench.
How does that work when trying to increase our strength in depth in the wide attacking role? Are you saying we should only be looking at players that will come in and take away Salah or Mane’s starting spot? Cause that’s going to cost a bit.

How does that work when trying to increase our strength in depth in the wide attacking role? Are you saying we should only be looking at players that will come in and take away Salah or Mane’s starting spot? Cause that’s going to cost a bit.

Not "will", "could"

Although I do have reservations about Shaquiri. Just doesn’t seem like a Klopp player. But who knows. And it is a dirt cheap price for a player with his goals/assists and skill set.

Still going to be pretty damn hard to find a player that ‘could’ outdo the pair.

Yeah, but I still think it's preferable to at least try. But I suppose I'd be a lot more accommodating of Shaquri if I knew who else we're buying. As you say £12m isn't really here or there.

Yeah, but I still think it's preferable to at least try. But I suppose I'd be a lot more accommodating of Shaquri if I knew who else we're buying. As you say £12m isn't really here or there.
I agree, but I think the reality is that it’s much easier to improve the starting positions of other areas (thus those positions being higher priority for top players).
Midfield is being sorted, as that was a problem area where we could easily improve on, and was almost perfect had Fekir not been a crock as he’d have also been able to cover for two of the front three positions too. I’m sure goal keeper is something we’re looking at improving, again another starting spot that should easily be improved on.

I think with what we’d have left over to spend after those purchases, we’ll be looking for bargains.
We really could do with cover for Firmino too.

088FC688-8CA6-4038-AE48-DFC68243953F.png

‘If it is save your tears, because Iyyyyayyyayiiii am not worth it you see’

Since this is where the discussion about the chubby shakiri the sandwiches and chips should be transferred here.

How many Shaqiris does it take to make a crisp sandwich?

If the bread is kept on a very high table and there are no chairs or ladders to hand: none, unless at least five of them climb on each other's shoulders so that the one at the top can reach the ingredients - and even then he would have to climb back down again with the plate and sandwich without dropping it and/or landing on it.

If both bread and crisps are left on a small stool or a playhouse table, then one, but his over-developed upper body strength will mean he'll be too heavy-handed and will end up squashing all the crisps and thus ruin the sandwich.

Reactions: jan
Looks to get the crowd behind him, feeds on their energy...

Champions League nights will have him playing Messi like [emoji12]

I honestly think for the fee we are talking he would be a brilliant signing.

Why would we not sign him.
I was really impressed with his movement in that game against Serbia on the 2nd half where he basically ran the show against much physically bigger opposition. Imagine if we had him in the CL final after Salah got taken off....the fluency of our play would have been maintained somewhat. For 12M ... he is an absolute bargain we would be crazy not to go in for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom