• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Everton game

Status
Not open for further replies.
But also losing to the Ev is annoying. Maybe these kids are good enough with the likes of Milner, Gomez, Lallana, Origi etc. There's plenty of senior folk on the pitch

Midfield looks very weak.
Strengthen that a bit and maybe we might have a chance.
Who knows?

I think it's because of Chirivella. Did we really not have anyone better in the U23s to start?

I rate Jones and Lallana is an experienced player, so i'm fine with those 2 starting, but Chirivella did make me look twice at the lineup to make sure he was starting.

Given the subs, we should have gone with hendo in the middle instead of chiverlla. He is fit enough for the bench

I can see why Klopp has done it. Can’t lose really, even if we lose.
Only thing I’d be bothered about is a negative impact on spirit etc, but as it’s such a weak team, it’s unlikely to make a difference, as with the league cup battering.
If we’re lucky we’ll grab a draw, but I sense a bit of a caning on the cards. Their squad is decent but their manager is top drawer.

That's not even our proper B side, against their full-strength side.

To say I'm not confident would be a MASSIVE understatement.

Of course, if we win, it'd be such an embarrassment for them, but the chances of that aren't good at all.

I'm not sure those of you who arent local understand how much this 'record' means to us, & to them, & how they will actually view their entire season as a success simply by winning this match, even against such a massively weakened side.

I’m sure all the locals will be pissed off.

We could get well beaten here.

Hopefully the crowd give us a boost.

Win win really for Klopp.

He gives all his main players a good rest, lose and nobody will be surprised and it’s actually the least negative way to finally lose to Everton, win and it’ll be the funniest win and most embarrassing for them.

Carlo will be in trouble already if we do shock them.

I feel sorry for Pete and the other local lads but ya the league title is rightly no1

S9hcI3LI

Melissa Reddy

@MelissaReddy_
·
1m

#LFC starting XI v #EFC: Adrian, Milner, Gomez, Phillips, Williams, Lallana, Chirivella, Jones, Minamino, Elliott, Origi Bench: Kelleher, Larouci, Hoever, Henderson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Mane, Brewster
I was preparing for the cup time kids and even losing this game but I'm confident that we can turn them over with this selection.

I'm not sure those of you who arent local understand how much this 'record' means to us, & to them, & how they will actually view their entire season as a success simply by winning this match, even against such a massively weakened side.

Im not a local but I know Everton are obsessed with us, they care more about our results than theres that how irrelevant they are.

It’s not looking good. Especially with Chivirella in there.

But it will be hysterical if we beat them.

On the flip side, Everton are shite and there are 6 players who would be regular first teamers and Elliot has been knocking on the door for ages while Jones has also impressed me for years.

This is no kids team.

I expect us to give them a good game.

Adrian
Gomez
Milner
Lallana
Minimino
Origi
Elliot

That’s a strong 7. We are very unlucky we have so many injuries, could easily have been rounded out with

Lovren
Ox
Shaq
Keita.

Unless we get absolutely thrashed they can’t really gloat too much.

Breaking a 20 year losing streak due to us fielding the reserves... late Xmas present from us is all it’ll be.

Could have been a lot worse. Pedro stands out a bit in midfield as a weak link, if Keita hadnt hurt himself i think we’d have another senior player in midfield.

The loons in Bluemoon are more pissed at our line up than anyone on here.

It is not fair that Jurgen gets to rest his first team players in the FA Cup and not risk them for injury. Apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom