• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Friday Night Lights - Norwich (H) - Pre Match

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a side note though I missed more games than ever last season and we did boss, so I won't worry too much

Anyone have any advice - my dad is old and well capable of walking 3 miles back to our hotel from the match, but I'd rather he didn't at that time, and I suspect he's too proud to admit that fact.

What's the best way of getting out of there and back downtown? Fine with walking a mile or so then hopping on a bus.

Anyone have any advice - my dad is old and well capable of walking 3 miles back to our hotel from the match, but I'd rather he didn't at that time, and I suspect he's too proud to admit that fact.

What's the best way of getting out of there and back downtown? Fine with walking a mile or so then hopping on a bus.
The last couple of times I was over I took the bus back into the city centre. There are usually enormous queues but they bring in four our five double deckers at a time and you shouldn't have to wait for more than fifteen or twenty minutes

Going to sandhills via soccerbus which is by the king Harry usually the easiest - then one stop by train into town... Usually do that if I take my 79 yo dad

Spending 2 and a half hours on a train - which would be ideal match viewing time - and instead I arrive the moment it starts. In case you can't tell I'm excited about football again up the reds

It’s on Sky one for those who have that channel but not the sports ones.

It’s on Sky one for those who have that channel but not the sports ones.
Including me now, thanks to virgin scrapping the sd sky sports channels. Fuckers. Ah well, had a good run of 11 years of c/s, so can't complain. Streaming/iptv it is for the rest of the sky games this season unfortunately.

Going to sandhills via soccerbus which is by the king Harry usually the easiest - then one stop by train into town... Usually do that if I take my 79 yo dad
Yeah, this is the easiest way, I walk to sandhill, but tbh the walk seems further than it is on the map, & as traffic is usually busy it's a bit of a PITA.

Including me now, thanks to virgin scrapping the sd sky sports channels. Fuckers. Ah well, had a good run of 11 years of c/s, so can't complain. Streaming/iptv it is for the rest of the sky games this season unfortunately.

Do you get sky one through your basic package or are you internet only?

Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Origi, Salah, Firmino.

Subs: Adrian, Milner, Keita, Mane, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Shaqiri, Matip.

Sakes Klopp

That's not the midfield any of us wanted to see and Gomez over Matip? Not sure about that

Poor Milner. He's our fullback cover.
But that's a really good bench

Sakes Klopp

That's not the midfield any of us wanted to see and Gomez over Matip? Not sure about that

Not really, it's early doors and we haven't been great defensively during pre-season, so it's time to get some stability back and we have enough about us to beat them and plenty from the bench to change things if needed.

Sadio Mane starts on the substitutes bench three weeks after appearing for Senegal in the Africa Cup of Nations final. Divock Origi gets the nod while Mohamed Salah and Roberto Firmino also form Liverpool's forward line.
Nine of the side that started the Champions League final start the first league game of the season. There's also a start for Joe Gomez - now full recovered from injury - while new goalkeeper signing Adrian is also on the bench.

Think its gonna be a close one this, and not the romp everyone thinks its gonna be.
Season opener, newly promoted team and the form not on top yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom