• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Fulham vs Liverpool 1630 Sun EPL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreambeliever

From Doubter to Believer (to doubter again)
No doubt Brendan will be in attendance to have a pie.

Should be a routine win with some rotation with Spurs three days later.

Becker
Williams
Phillips
Matip
Robertson
Gini
Hendo
Jones
Mane
Firmino
Salah

Trent is defo starting this

-------------Alisson-------------- (if fit)
Trent---Matip--Fabs---Robbo
---------Hendo---Gini------------
--------------Jones----------------
Salah------Bobby--------Mane

Fulham could be a great opposition to see Taki get a greater role, same with Naby. Would love to see Ox get 10 mins at the end too.

Trent is defo starting this

-------------Alisson-------------- (if fit)
Trent---Matip--Fabs---Robbo
---------Hendo---Gini------------
--------------Jones----------------
Salah------Bobby--------Mane

Fulham could be a great opposition to see Taki get a greater role, same with Naby. Would love to see Ox get 10 mins at the end too.
Can't see taki getting getting a bigger role at all.

Squad looking as strong as its likely to for the near future, which is nice. Klopp usually puts his strongest team out in PL regardless of opposition, so expecting brizzles team with maybe Keita for Jones.

I don't think either Keita or Minamino did anything to force themselves into the current midfield.

------------------------------Alisson--------------------------------------
-----Trent-------Matip----------------Fabs-------------Robertson-----
---------------------------Henderson-----------------------------------
---------------Jones-----------------------Gini--------------------
--------Salah----------------Firmino--------------Mane---------------

Jota off the bench.

I'd rest Salah for Spurs. Have Jota on instead, maybe replacing him with Minamino after an hour (with instructions to finally show everyone what he can do, if anything).

I thought Keita, who was supposed to be the senior midfielder last night, was an insipid little tit. I'd play him just to see if he has the intelligence to realise how much better he needs to be.

3 games in 7 days starting with Fulham means we simply dont have a choice we are going to see some rotation. Even if the likes of Ox, Shaq and Milner are on their way back its unlikely any of then will make it by the Spurs game so weve got to conserve some players energy levels

Allison, Neco, Phillips, Matip, Robbo, Keita, Hendo, Jones, Mané, Firmino, Jota

If the game looks safe at any point take off Matip and Robbo

Apparently Minamino pressed the opposition last night three times more than Keita, Hendo and Clarkson combined. I don't know if that's quite right but seeing as Keita was bought as this dynamic, dominant, midfielder, it suggests he needs to pull his finger out, pronto.

Apparently Minamino pressed the opposition last night three times more than Keita, Hendo and Clarkson combined. I don't know if that's quite right but seeing as Keita was bought as this dynamic, dominant, midfielder, it suggests he needs to pull his finger out, pronto.
I've already said it was an insipid performance however in his defence I'll say that again he was pressed into playing as LM and I've yet to see him have a great game there. He didn't look fit though so coming back from injury that can be put down as a logical reason for his poor showing and maybe the game did him some good. If he's played in front of Hendo+Gini against Fulham it may be a completely different Keita we see.

That said we need to look at these 3 games (Fulham+Spurs+Palace) as a block and see how each player fits into it (e.g. we need to play our strongest available team vs. Spurs but can maybe take more liberty with the team selection vs. Fulham and just see who is left standing for the Palace game) !

Last edited:
Sounds like Tsimcard is out injured again. What a blessing he's been so far, the gormless twat.

Eo2gga9UcAAzFvU.jpg

I've said this before and been hounded out by the usual suspects who are adamant he's a hardworking, ball winning midfielder. Except I expected him to come here and be one of the best midfielders in the World, the type who would score belters and be a creative spark. So far he's injured alot and he gets praised for making one clever run or pass per game.

Needs to pull the finger out has been used about Keita since he joined the Club almost 2 and a half years ago. I think we all have to accept he'll never be good enough.

I dont think Keita's problem is being good enough - he has shown he is an excellent addition to our midfield. His problem is clearly availability

He hasn't showed he's an excellent addition to our midfield at all. He's had a few good games here and there at best.

Keita has clearly showed he is an excellent addition to our midfield, but he is injured more than he is available. And that stop start isnt good for anyone.

Needs to pull the finger out has been used about Keita since he joined the Club almost 2 and a half years ago. I think we all have to accept he'll never be good enough.
You are one of the few (constantly) pushing this rhetoric though. Most people are aware of what his ceiling could be (damn high). It all comes down to his injuries ... has he really just suffered from a bad run of luck or is he always going to be injury-prone. Time will tell but fingers crossed anyway.

Yeah early days but Tsimikas is not inspiring confidence.
Indeed. Pity we didn't get Jamal. Maybe one of the rare instances of the club acting in too much haste. Fingers crossed though, Tsimikas is still young and has shown some good signs.

Keita has clearly showed he is an excellent addition to our midfield, but he is injured more than he is available. And that stop start isnt good for anyone.
I agree, and that is moreorless what I meant.

But apparently, according to Gary, he hasn't clearly showed he is an excellent addition, so we cant even have that

He’s also replaced Lovren in terms of being Salah’s buddy, so there is something in there.

I've said this before and been hounded out by the usual suspects who are adamant he's a hardworking, ball winning midfielder. Except I expected him to come here and be one of the best midfielders in the World, the type who would score belters and be a creative spark. So far he's injured alot and he gets praised for making one clever run or pass per game.

We agree on something. You might need to change your opinion :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom