• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool vs West Brom 16:30 27th Dec

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upcoming fixtures:

Home v West Brom
3 day gap
Away v Newcastle
5 day gap
Away v Southampton
4 day gap
Away v Villa (Fa cup)

Considering the 8 day rest it would make more sense for Klopp to play the in-form strongest team against West Brom.
Rotate against Newcastle.
Full strength against Southampton
Rotate against Villa. Ox and other returning players start.

West Brom and Newcastle are certainly the two games we would be looking at as potentially weaker opponents before Southampton, Utd and Spurs later in Jan. I think there is scope to rotate a bit in both of these games and keep players fresh. We saw it with Salah and Jones for the Palace game.

We have players coming back that need minutes to sharpen up. Ox, Keita and Thiago have barely played a match between them. Its in everybodies interest for the likes of Robbo, Gini, Hendo, Salah and Mané to get more breaks. Unfortunately Robbo probably has no choice but to tough it out til Milner gets back.

I suspect we wont even pretend to be interested in the Cup, that will be Xerdan Shaquiri all stars annual outing.

Upcoming fixtures:

Home v West Brom
3 day gap
Away v Newcastle
5 day gap
Away v Southampton
4 day gap
Away v Villa (Fa cup)

Considering the 8 day rest it would make more sense for Klopp to play the in-form strongest team against West Brom.
Rotate against Newcastle.
Full strength against Southampton
Rotate against Villa. Ox and other returning players start.

Nope. Full strength against Villa. I want us to score at least 7 goals in each half against them.

Livermore & Pereira are both suspended.

Townsend, Robson-Kanu, Field & Bartley all out injured.

Chamberlain looked very sharp against Palace. That's reassuring because he resembled a Sunday league player the last time he came back from injury. I'd like to see him getting some minutes. They'll be room in the attacking areas now Jota is sidelined, but also his ball progression, acceleration and long range shooting have been missed in the middle of the park.

Keita is getting there. He's looked rustier than I'd like since his return but he was starting to get back to his best against Palace. I too would look at resting Wijnaldum for this one and then Hendo the game after.

Salah, Mane and Firmino will all be fired up. Can't wait.

Thiago won't be involved, but he will be soon. Shaq and Milner are closer and could be involved.

I'd be very surprised if this isn't our line up:

Alisson

Trent
Matip
Fabinho
Robbo

Hendo
Wijnaldum
Keita

Salah
Firmino
Mané

Shaq and Milner among the subs.

I am expecting an easy 3 points! Yes I am that arrogant. West Brom has yet to win an away match, conceding 14 in the process, drew 2 and lost 5. We on the other hand has yet to drop a point at Anfield with 20 goals scored in the last 7 matches played. We did concede 1 goal average per match at home, but WBA conceded 2 goals average.

I know we have a tough away visit to St. James' this midweek, but let's not fuck about and sort these bunch out quick so we could keep some of our defenders and strikers in bubble wraps. They are after all under Fat Sam, one of those manager that condone dirty antics.

We'll go 2-0 up in 10 minutes & Klopp will signal "all over" with his hands. A week later Ole will make a big deal about it, then fat Sam will suddenly realise what happened and start bleating about it himself.

I've seen this episode before

I really hope one of this or Newcastle is full strength to get another win under the belts. Would prefer that to be Newcastle but i feel it’s better to do it WBA to get momentum.

Hendo, Gini, Keita, Ox, Jones Shaq, & Milner, (am not counting Fabs as midfilder just now) .....at last a decent number to count on for the all important engine room.
We are always at our most successful when we have fresh legs and ideas available to call upon.

Last edited:
Before the Palace game, I said I don't want Minamino to start – well, now that he has finally opened his scoring account in the Premier League, I think I'd like him to get another chance on the left wing in either one of the West Brom/Newcastle games. Basically he has to fill Jota's role for now, trying to supplement the regular front 3 and also becoming Firmino's Firmino, someone to make the selfless runs creating space for the other attackers.

I hope Ox gets a start in midfield in one of the games also – from Klopp's words it sounds like he is looking sharper now than he was last season after the big injury and if there is any chance he can recover his best form, we aught to give it a try.

Last edited:
The most difficult game in this 3 game run will be Saints away.

Easiest should be WBA.

I'd like to see Gini, Henderson, Robbo, Fab, Matip to all get a rest during this period.

So I'd expect Ox, Naby, Jones, Rhys, Millie to rotate with them.

Potentially rest Hendo, Fab and Robbo against WBA. Play Millie (LB), Rhys CB, Gini DM, Jones and Naby CMs against them.

And then rest Gini and Matip against Newcastle. Bring back Fab, Robbo and Hendo.

Some sort of rotation like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom