• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Has Benitez got the boot yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think someone said it well the other day; With Rafa, you always knew you'd win a European game - and now we have that again - We feel that way with Klopp now, but in the Premier league. It's a great feeling to have a manager that's like a 12th man.

How I miss those mid week games in the Benitez era. Running home from work early to grab the second half, of the many games v Arsenal in Europe. Or the time I was on me Honeymoon, and watched the 2005 Chelsea match. Sigh. Those were fun days.

He fielded an ineligible player in the copa tonight. Precedent was osasuna, who were chucked out the competition last year

So real could get booted out the copa

Lol

I think someone said it well the other day; With Rafa, you always knew you'd win a European game - and now we have that again - We feel that way with Klopp now, but in the Premier league. It's a great feeling to have a manager that's like a 12th man.

How I miss those mid week games in the Benitez era. Running home from work early to grab the second half, of the many games v Arsenal in Europe. Or the time I was on me Honeymoon, and watched the 2005 Chelsea match. Sigh. Those were fun days.

We only played Arsenal twice in Europe?

Giving Benitez the boot cost us several years of turmoil and the loss of our European status. Bad decision then and in hindsight, the hate is a reaction to being unable to admit a mistake.
It was the right decision to give him the boot, he had lost the plot.

He fielded an ineligible player in the copa tonight. Precedent was osasuna, who were chucked out the competition last year

So real could get booted out the copa

Lol

Apparently the fans were singing about it during the game

'The football was secondary as word went around of what was happening and some fans chanted: "Benitez, look at Twitter!" Cheryshev was eventually substituted at the start of the second half, Mateo Kovacic coming on in his place.'

Last edited:
Nah a mistakes a mistake. We've had to live with the consequences for a few years. Hopefully we've turned a corner on the self inflicted damage.
Like I said, our big mistake was not getting a world class manager after Benitez was sacked. What we did was like Chelsea replacing Mourinho with Pardew. It was a freaking joke.
After five, I repeat, five years of messing around we finally got a real top class manager in charge and we're currently reaping the benefits of it.

^^^^^^^ This. Sorry jexy, Rafa had to go when he did. The fact that we replaced him with an overpromoted dodderer doesn't change that.

Like I said, our big mistake was not getting a world class manager after Benitez was sacked. What we did was like Chelsea replacing Mourinho with Pardew. It was a freaking joke.
After five, I repeat, five years of messing around we finally got a real top class manager in charge and we're currently reaping the benefits of it.
This!
I liked Rafa, still do, but he had to go.

As for the Chernyshev incident, isn't it the fault of the club secretary or whoever on the staff keeps track of suspensions etc? Rafa or no Rafa, I wouldn't expect the manager to have to occupy himself with such basic stuff, especially at a club like Real where they probably have a whole backroom army.

As for the Chernyshev incident, isn't it the fault of the club secretary or whoever on the staff keeps track of suspensions etc? Rafa or no Rafa, I wouldn't expect the manager to have to occupy himself with such basic stuff, especially at a club like Real where they probably have a whole backroom army.

We can add this to the long long list of stuff Rafa fucked up that people want him absolved of.

four times (two legs).

There was only one time we were drawn together wasn't there? Hence two games. Unless I'm having a massive brainfart. Drew 1-1 at their place, won 4-2 at Anfield.

Exactly, it's not Rafa's fault? How the hell is he supposed to keep track of suspensions?
The ones responsible for this are the ones dishing out suspensions, the Spanish FA.

I mean the English FA keeps track of suspensions and even potential suspensions on their website.
http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/suspensions

CVQHFwKUwAANCZq.jpg

I wasnt aware of this next bit:
Benítez was manager of Valencia when they were disqualified from the Copa del Rey having played too many non-EU players during a tie against Novelda in 2001.

I wonder if Rafa will end up back at Valencia next? Assuming that Neville Neville's offspring don't last the course.

Still, if Klopp picks Can for the game against Newcastle wouldn't it be strange if no one says anything when the line up is presented an hour before the game?
Still don't think it's the managers job to keep track of suspensions.

Last edited:
Still, if Klopp picks Can for the game against Newcastle wouldn't be strange if no one says anything when the line up is presented an hour before the game?
Still don't think it's the managers job to keep track of suspensions.

Ross hates Benitez. ;)

The reason to why it was right to sack Rafa was that he had no energy left. For years he had to do not only the managers job but also the job that our CEO should have done. He could have negotiated many weeks to get a player signed and one of our owners had said yes and then when the job was done and then the other owner stopped the deal and he had to start all over again. He had no real CEO that helped him. Only the joke(Purslow) that when he got Roy he sang, I got Roy, I got Roy I got Rooooooooy, I got Roy, I got Roy, I got Rooooooy.

One thing I remember was when Rafa sat and watched one game from the stand because he was to sick to train and coach the team. The doctors had said no and Rafa was in a lot of pain but he still watched the game.

Rafa is one of us and always will be. He turned down Real a few times even that we had owners like Gillett and Hicks. Why? He love the club. He did what Xabi didn't do, turned down Real. If Rafa had left a year or two earlier than he did then we would probably be playing in the Championship now and not in the PL.

The reason to why it was right to sack Rafa was that he had no energy left. For years he had to do not only the managers job but also the job that our CEO should have done. He could have negotiated many weeks to get a player signed and one of our owners had said yes and then when the job was done and then the other owner stopped the deal and he had to start all over again. He had no real CEO that helped him. Only the joke(Purslow) that when he got Roy he sang, I got Roy, I got Roy I got Rooooooooy, I got Roy, I got Roy, I got Rooooooy.

One thing I remember was when Rafa sat and watched one game from the stand because he was to sick to train and coach the team. The doctors had said no and Rafa was in a lot of pain but he still watched the game.

Rafa is one of us and always will be. He turned down Real a few times even that we had owners like Gillett and Hicks. Why? He love the club. He did what Xabi didn't do, turned down Real. If Rafa had left a year or two earlier than he did then we would probably be playing in the Championship now and not in the PL.

I'm not sure this is accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom