• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Hendo on why he left

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was a great captain for us and he set the gold standard for LGBTQ allyship in football (and was great with other community initiatives too). But he's totally fucked it, and he's done so for one last pay day. He should have know he was never going to be able to play both sides on this one, especially after the World Cup.
And if he thinks trying to throw Jurgen under the bus for buying midfielders who offer us more than he did (on the pitch, at least) then he's deluded as well.

The naivety is staggering, on so many counts. His lack of knowledge about the causes he promotes and the Qatar situation is just fucking embarrassing. He seemed to dismiss Amnesty as if it were some kind of rumour mill. And the idea that he wasn't expecting his position to be challenged after the year he's had shows a shocking lack of self-awareness.

It gets worse and worse with every read. What an absolute horror show of an interview.

Hendo has a good honest soul. He gave everything on that pitch. Everything. He would have ended up like Stevie G Resented for holding the team back. There were plenty on here sniping at him back in the day. Jurgen wouldn't have said I want you to stay because he wouldn't have wanted to hold him back, Knowing he was waning. Of course he loves him But he Knew he'd be ending up like Divok.
Oh lets move to a nice warm country owners who can buy anyone With my bezzi for a boss. Whats not to love. OOhher, shit.
Naive re backlash yes but not a cunt. A really good bloke in fact.

Hendo was gonna be swapped to Fulham for Clint Dempsey over 10 years ago.
Worked like a trojan battled and won everything in the club.

Maybe he felt like someone should have begged him to stay, like prob Stevie begged him to come over and play for him.

I mean Yayha Toure kicked off cos City didn't give him a cake.

Hendo was gonna be swapped to Fulham for Clint Dempsey over 10 years ago.
Worked like a trojan battled and won everything in the club.

Maybe he felt like someone should have begged him to stay, like prob Stevie begged him to come over and play for him.

I mean Yayha Toure kicked off cos City didn't give him a cake.

They couldn't beg him to stay though they'd have had to offer promise him playing time.And klopp would never have done that. Hense the Air gap.

I'm just not buying his excuses. He wanted the money and thats all there is to it.
Playing consistently ins Saudi isn't going to keep him in the england squad any more than sporadic appearances in the PL. He's not going to improve as a player over there.
I don't believe for a second that klopp didn't want him to stay, and wasn't clear in that belief. Klopp was no doubt honest that he would be getting less playing time.
It's a shame.

I'm more inclined to believe he went to partake in stonings than i am to believe klopp didn't make him feel wanted

He never at any point said that Klopp didn't want him to stay though did he .Klopp knowing he was going to have to bench him more and more. Would have instinctively held back on the hugs.

Last edited:
Anyone going on about stoning and Hendo being involved in it,
Do you think he'd even hit the target? he'd probably miss at best. Prob also get in the way of others trying to hit the gays then do much damage himself based on his on field antics.

Selling Hendo and Fabinho this summer was probably the best thing that could have happened to this club. We've gotten a midfield reset and offloaded to aging players that were passed their prime. In the end it worked out for us.

We're lucky that Szobo and Macca have hit the ground running. Expected it from Macca, but Szobo has been a positive surprise.
Will be interesting to see what Berchie can offer.

The mistake Hendo made is doing an interview.

I wish him and his family well but I'd advise he concentrate on playing football and being silent.

Years down the line, in a book; tell us your 'thoughts' but for now - shut up.

Yeah, that interview was the worst thing he could have done. Most seem to have forgotten about everything that happened this summer. Not a good move.

Look what he has started now...not too bright.

The best PR move he could have done was to keep his mouth shut. But then his PR agent wouldn't have gotten paid.

Kept his mouth shut, and he'd be a legend and a hero for knowing when to gracefully step down.

Now, I just don't want to think about him.

These interviews always work out so well for everyone who wants to paint an obviously false rosy image of themselves. Prince Andrew did so well. Liam Neeson wandering the streets as a vigilante. Even one of the eggheads admitted to a murder. This is definitely in that ballpark.

At the AXA, previously a picture of Henderson clasping the Premier League trophy in 2020, in its place now is a picture of Trent Alexander-Arnold with the Champions League in hand alongside the quote: "I'm just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dreams have just come true." [Echo]

F7IV5B6WkAAfgXC

Man, proper trying to erase him from the history of the club

Putting all the Saudi stuff aside, of course the marketing team would latch onto the homegrown lad who is still playing. I'm sure there are other pictures of captain equality in the building.

We’ll need a new pre-trophy raising shuffle now.

Good thing too. I never liked it anyway. Getting your hands on a trophy is a time to stand tall, not to look like somebody who's desperate to find the nearest bog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom