• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

Hugo Lloris

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeTallecWiz

Doos
Honorary Member
He's looking like he may be available come Jan ... Should we be interested in him? He's a excellent young goalkeeper with a shed load of experience in big games in France and the CL.

Available in January? Blimey. I'm so glad AVB didn't come to Liverpool last summer. He seems to be some kind of football equivalent of William H Macy's character in 'The Cooler'.

Spurs would want close to what they paid for me I'm guessing.

Budget permitting, would defo take him.

I doubt he'll go to another big English club, they've all got keepers who are as difficult to shift as Friedel, if he wants out, he wants OUT..

What's happening with him at Spurs?

They bought him then carried on playing Brad, so he got miffed after a handful of games and reports started surfacing that he was unhappy and wanted to leave. Sounds to me like he went there under the pretense he would be first choice.

It can be done, but he can't appear for 3 clubs in 1 season. Did he play for lyon before spurs bought him?

I keep on thinking this is some sort of joke thread. I don't know why but his name makes me think of Mike Litoris.

They bought him then carried on playing Brad, so he got miffed after a handful of games and reports started surfacing that he was unhappy and wanted to leave. Sounds to me like he went there under the pretense he would be first choice.

Apparently he was Levi's purchase rather than AVB.

They're surely gonna have to let someone go, they've still got Gomes and Cudicini, aswell as Friedel on their books.

I think he's just on the end of a Brad Friedel-ing. Who would've thought after leaving here Brad would go on to make so many premier league appearances and to such an age. Levy was right in bringing in Lloris as Friedel cant stay around forever, right. He's quality, young, experienced, the french captain, all extremely positive points. Then Friedel decides he's going to pick up where he left off last season. How can you drop that for any keeper new to the league as a manager who's under the microscope from day one based on his performance last season as manager of a rival club! I presume if it was any other season we might see Lloris jump ship for first team football due to euro/world cup finals in the summer but I'd expect him to have his place established by the start of next season. Then again RoboFriedel might have a thing or two to say about that.

We should've signed Friedel when we had a chance. I was heartbroken when Spurs got him.

The one we should be after is Marc-Andre ter Stegen from Gladbach. He has world-class potential. Loves to shout at his defenders (which earned him comparisons with Oliver Kahn).

I read before that Rodgers has been considering a move for him already. Hope we can do it in January.

The one we should be after is Marc-Andre ter Stegen from Gladbach. He has world-class potential. Loves to shout at his defenders (which earned him comparisons with Oliver Kahn).

I read before that Rodgers has been considering a move for him already. Hope we can do it in January.

Im with you on this. I like that kid a lot! Very very comfortable with the ball at his feet too.

We've got to get rid of some of our keepers before taking on another too

Remember how we always used to moan at all the keepers Rafa bought?

If we sold Reina for ~£20m and got Ter Stegen in for <£14m, I wouldn't be too sad.

Nobody in their right mind would pay 20m for Reina right now.

What market is there for him?

If we can sell Reina for the same amount ter Stegen will cost, I would do that deal.

Ter Stegen will probably cost more, but we might be able to save a bit on wages - Pepe is probably earning quite a lot at his age.

Poor 'ol Pep - cast aside!

He could potentially go to A.Madrid - he's always wanted to because of his father - and they will need a keeper when Courtois (who looks really great sadly) returns to Chelsea. They will also have money burning in their pocket from the sale of Falcao who surely won't be there beyond this season.

If we sell Reina we'll end up paying something like half his wages for the next four years.

If only somebody had the foresight to see these problems coming ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom