• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

"I completely lost it" says Suarez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a huge Torres fan, I think he's the best player to sign for us in 20 or so years and selling him will be a huge setback in pushing for the top 4. We build teams around these players not sell them. I wouldn't say I'm being bitter just genuinely gutted. His ability more than made up for his lack of professionalism in my opinion. If he leaves I hope we get a fee fitting of his ability though this 40M is bullshit everyone knows that!

Suarez never said he wouldn't leave or that he's never play for another English team. If he goes I'll have no ill feelings towards him.

Suarez never said he wouldn't leave or that he's never play for another English team. If he goes I'll have no ill feelings towards him.

Yes, I too haven't found his complete whoring off himself to Real Madrid desperate, pathetic, embarrassing or those of a fucking gypsy cunt traitor. He's been a paradigm of loyalty.

Yes, I too haven't found his complete whoring off himself to Real Madrid desperate, pathetic, embarrassing or those of a fucking gypsy cunt traitor. He's been a paradigm of loyalty.

Ha how your opinion changed on him.

Not really. I'm happy to pull up stuff from 1-2 years ago when I called him the fucking cunt he was/is if you like?

I'd love that.

Hmmm 2 years ago you say??

Like this thread?

http://www.sixcrazyminutes.com/index.php?threads/luis-sexuarez.12632/

"This kid's a fucking star. I love that right now all I've got is love for the little legend. I love his workrate, his touch, his nutmegs, his goals, his ability to do it in the big games, his unbelievabe capability to find space on a crowded pitch, his hardness, his hair, his orange boots, his weird wrist-tappy celebration, his song, the works.
"

" I love him."

Yep you've been calling him a c*nt for............... oh wait..

I'd love that.

Hmmm 2 years ago you say??

Like this thread?

http://www.sixcrazyminutes.com/index.php?threads/luis-sexuarez.12632/

"This kid's a fucking star. I love that right now all I've got is love for the little legend. I love his workrate, his touch, his nutmegs, his goals, his ability to do it in the big games, his unbelievabe capability to find space on a crowded pitch, his hardness, his hair, his orange boots, his weird wrist-tappy celebration, his song, the works.
"

" I love him."

Yep you've been calling him a c*nt for............... oh wait..

16 months ago - http://www.sixcrazyminutes.com/index.php?threads/is-nobody-going-to-say-it.16551/

1014267_555261814517092_1068115943_n.jpg

I don't really get all the moral outrage. In fact, I find it rather tedious.

If someone gave millions of pounds, as many women as you could get through and worldwide fame at the age of 18 you would no doubt make mistakes too. Now if you factor in the fact that a lot of these guys come from poorer and less educated backgrounds, what do you honestly expect to happen?

Most players these days backchat to the ref, cheat their way through games and basically do whatever it takes to win. Some do it less than others, sure, but does that make them better than those who do it more? And if so, where do you draw the line?

As for the biting and racism thing - they were fairly nothing incidents that were blown out of all proportion.

Let's be absolutely clear here - 'misdemeanors' and potential PR nightmares FAR worse have brushed under the carpet so that no one gets to hear about them and we can all carry on thinking that certain assets players are fine and dandy.

There is institutional corruption in the game, racism at games is still a mainstay in many countries and authorities are happy to take a relatively blase attitude about it and corruption and cheating has been alleged and in some cases proven in Spain, Italy and other leagues.

If racism, cheating and general cuntishness are all the things that make you despise Suarez, how can you reconcile all of the above with your love for football?

That's a fairly laughable response Ken, especially this piece:

"As for the biting and racism thing - they were fairly nothing incidents that were blown out of all proportion"

That's a fairly laughable response Ken, especially this piece:

"As for the biting and racism thing - they were fairly nothing incidents that were blown out of all proportion"

In the grand scheme of things - given everything else I mentioned - yeah they were.

And that's a cop out reply.

Not disputing his game or on-field abilities. But I want to sell him for all the reasons I gave 20 replies ago.
I understand people not liking him for all the reasons you give but I've had 20 years of nice players at our club who have nowhere near the ability of Suarez on the pitch.

I'll take whatever he spouts if he stays and has another season like last 1. He's a born winner and does things only Gerrard in his prime could challenge for jawdroppingly good value.

I still don't get the outrage by so many. They are just footballers. Who gives a f*ck as long as they do the business on the field.

In the grand scheme of things - given everything else I mentioned - yeah they were.

And that's a cop out reply.

Your opinion I guess. But if you're banned for 8 games for racist language, and then get another 10 games for biting another man 12 months later - then it's hard to say they were "blown out of proportion".

Not many players are found guilty of either, nevermind both. And I don't know of any footballer that misses 18 games through suspension.

How is this just "no doubt making mistakes"? And plenty of other "poor South Americans" are capable of not acting like this on a weekly basis. You're simplifying to a ridiculous level.

Your opinion I guess. But if you're banned for 8 games for racist language, and then get another 10 games for biting another man 12 months later - then it's hard to say they were "blown out of proportion".

Not many players are found guilty of either, nevermind both. And I don't know of any footballer that misses 18 games through suspension.

How is this just "no doubt making mistakes"? And plenty of other "poor South Americans" are capable of not acting like this on a weekly basis. You're simplifying to a ridiculous level.

Perhaps you misunderstand where I'm coming from. I'm not interested in defending Suarez per se. I don't really care if people hate on him or not anymore.

I just think that all of these things you and others have homed in on (the racism incident for example) exist on a much bigger scale within football and yet don't seem to provoke the same feelings of outrage.

So it just seems pointless getting worked up about it and yeah, I do find the whole faux morality trip a bit pathetic but that's just me. There are far worse things going on in football to get worked up about - some we get to know about, some we don't.

Perhaps you misunderstand where I'm coming from. I'm not interested in defending Suarez per se. I don't really care if people hate on him or not anymore.

I just think that all of these things you and others have homed in on (the racism incident for example) exist on a much bigger scale within football and yet don't seem to provoke the same feelings of outrage.

So it just seems pointless getting worked up about it and yeah, I do find the whole faux morality trip a bit pathetic but that's just me. There are far worse things going on in football to get worked up about - some we get to know about, some we don't.

Well I'm not desperately trying to take the moral highground. I just think he's a complete cock.

But anyway, I'm not sure how we're supposed to get more worked up about the things in football we don't know about.

And that's cool. He is a bit of a cock.

As for things we don't know about, there are plenty of things we do know about - I pointed some out.

Anywyays, I don't want to get into some long thing about it.

Well I'm not desperately trying to take the moral highground. I just think he's a complete cock.

But anyway, I'm not sure how we're supposed to get more worked up about the things in football we don't know about.

I think he's just referring to press attention and coverage, they clearly see him as the ideal pantomime villain and concentrate on him more. I do think he's brought alot of it on himself, though I don't necessarily agree that he was in the complete wrong over Evra - I think Fergie sought to take him to the cleaners and had identified him as our best player so wanted to take him out the equation just to fuck us over, he did it with Owen (over the Schmeichel incident) and tried to do it with other players. The biting incident was ridiculous but again, other incidents have had completely disproportionate consequences by comparison. I don't think anyone can argue that the FA's rulings and punishments handed out are selective and shrouded in ambiguity, there's no real sense of organistation, fairness or impartiality (given some of it's members) - and before you start on it, it's not "paranoia", that's just bullshit.

I understand people not liking him for all the reasons you give but I've had 20 years of nice players at our club who have nowhere near the ability of Suarez on the pitch.

I'll take whatever he spouts if he stays and has another season like last 1. He's a born winner and does things only Gerrard in his prime could challenge for jawdroppingly good value.

I still don't get the outrage by so many. They are just footballers. Who gives a f*ck as long as they do the business on the field.
I just dont understand that at all Pat.
Im no saint, and I appreciate that these are young fairly uneducated working class lads, and I dont stand at the door wondering if they will fit in with my moral compass. Ive never said a word about Carroll, Gerrard, Pennant, Cisse or a shit tonne of other footballers who have done some dubious or downright horrible shit because I dont really care all that much.
I dont even care ALL that much in this case.
My argument has always been that he is a prick, a horrible nasty fucker. Who many MANY people have defended to the hilt. I just cant take the view that it totally doesnt matter what they do because they represent something that i love so much and used to be so proud of.
So who gives a fuck what they do?
Dont understand that at all.

I just dont understand that at all Pat.
Im no saint, and I appreciate that these are young fairly uneducated working class lads, and I dont stand at the door wondering if they will fit in with my moral compass. Ive never said a word about Carroll, Gerrard, Pennant, Cisse or a shit tonne of other footballers who have done some dubious or downright horrible shit because I dont really care all that much.
I dont even care ALL that much in this case.
My argument has always been that he is a prick, a horrible nasty fucker. Who many MANY people have defended to the hilt. I just cant take the view that it totally doesnt matter what they do because they represent something that i love so much and used to be so proud of.
So who gives a fuck what they do?
Dont understand that at all.

Him being a horrible nasty fucker is what makes him win though Oncy, rightly or wrongly, the same could have been said of Bellamy. Read Gerrard's comments about Bellamy when we signed him, he's exactly what we needed, someone who's not "too" nice and will fight tooth and nail and be an absolute twat to play against. I don't defend Suarez biting people, but the rest of it is just in his make up and what probably separates him from being an also-ran and someone who will win you games by never giving up and never getting off the back of opposition players in every single way possible to ensure he gets the upper hand.

Some of the shit he's had on here has been over the top about how nasty he is, etc, he's overstepped the mark twice (I think there's some debate to be had over Evra though), but the rest of the baggage I can deal with, it's almost endearing to see a player who's willing to lay down his sword for the club when on the pitch. Of course we give a fuck what they do, that's why there's so much condemning on here of players like Barton, Diouf, etc, there are levels you don't go to and in the bite incident he certainly sunk to those levels, but the rest of the stuff, the diving, the moaning at players and refs, the winding up of opponents, is it really worth of condemning? He gets the shit kicked out of him like any other forward and defenders get off by using the rulings (and lack of) to their advantage, as said earlier by Keni, there's plenty of other shit that goes on during a game and off the pitch that get's brushed under the carpet or in many cases, completely ignored and almost advocated. I'm not going to crucify the guy for using it to his advantage and bending the rules as far as they will go to get us a win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom