• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Jan Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seen a couple of reports earlier in the week that the Arse are after him as well now.
Apparently Edu using his Brazilian connections to try to get him before we do.

Still thinks he moves to us.

https://www.napolimagazine.com/in-e...r-osimhen-intanto-il-napoli-visiona-vigliotti

[article]Valter De Maggio, director of radio station Kiss Kiss Napoli, said on Radio Goal (via Napoli Magazine): “There is strong, strong interest in Victor Osimhen from Liverpool. Then we will need to understand if the Reds will put pressure on Osimhen’s agent whether it is renewed or not.”[/article]

Liverpool’s interest in Osimhen goes all the way back to 2020, when Napoli director Cristiano Giuntoli was so determined to land the striker (who was then at Lille) that he locked him in a hotel for three days before the player agreed to sign for the Serie A club.

[article]
Cristiano Giuntoli’s former collaborator Giandomenico Costi reveals the Napoli director ‘locked’ Victor Osimhen inside a hotel in 2020, persuading him to sign for the Partenopei and snub Liverpool.

Costi brought Giuntoli to Carpi in 2009 and then followed the 51-year-old to the Stadio Maradona in 2018. He was one of Giuntoli’s closest collaborators and the pair has worked together for almost nine years.

Giuntoli is one of the architects of Napoli’s first Serie A title in 33 years, an achievement also obtained thanks to the signings of Osimhen and Khvicha Kvaratskhelia.

“The signing of Osimhen is Giuntoli’s biggest masterpiece,” Costi told Tuttosport newspaper on Tuesday (page 15).

“He [Osimhen] was locked in a hotel for three days. Giuntoli knew Liverpool were interested, and Jurgen Klopp had made his move, but Cristiano spoke to Osimhen in the hotel for three days until he convinced him to accept Napoli.

“He was full of energy. Giuntoli is a director who would call you 100 times a day,” the ex-Carpi director continued.

“He knew Victor very well, he had even followed him at Charleroi.”
[/article]

[article]Earlier this week, we relayed news from Italy that Liverpool are showing strong interest in Napoli star Victor Osimhen.

The striker’s deal expires in 2025 and Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis has hinted that he may have changed his stance on signing a new contract.

Italian journalist Valter De Maggio told Televomero, relayed by Area Napoli, that Liverpool are the reason behind the 24-year-old’s change of heart.

De Maggio claims both the frontman and his agent, Roberto Calenda, have decided against signing an extension at the Naples club because of the Reds’ interest.

He further adds Liverpool have found an agreement with the player and a deal has to be agreed with the Serie A winners for the transfer to take shape.

“The parties had reached an agreement for the renewal, but then Calenda and Osimhen went back on their word. What happened? There was the inclusion of another club, from the Premier League. I’m talking about Liverpool,” he said.

“There would be frequent contacts, but I just learned something else: there would be agreements already reached. Let me clarify: the agreements would be between the Reds and the player, therefore they would not involve Napoli. I hope Laurentiis will be able to keep Victor Osimhen at least until June, but we can’t be sure.”

It remains to be seen whether De Maggio’s claim about Liverpool will be backed up by others in the Italian media.

The Nigeria international joined the Italian champions from Lille in 2020 and in the same window, Liverpool wanted to sign him. This was then revealed by his agent, Calenda.

Osimhen managed 31 goals and five assists last season and was instrumental in helping Napoli win the title. He has six goals and an assist from 10 games this season.[/article]

I suggest the truth is more likely - we’re not in for him and his agent’s trying to smoke out other offers. *cough* * Boehly* *cough*

So we're signing Andre, Osimhen and Musiala in Jan then? Fun times.

Wonder if there'll be enough in the kitty to squeeze Mbappe in there too.

Osimhen? Osimhen's awesome. Still have nightmares from that 4-1.

He actually reminds me a bit of Diego Costa at his prime with Chelsea.
Only thing is.. we have Gakpo and Nunez already for the #9 position.

We'd need a RW for when Salah leaves.

So... this makes perfect klopp sense.

Only thing is.. we have Gakpo and Nunez already for the #9 position.

We'd need a RW for when Salah leaves.

So... this makes perfect klopp sense.
What we need is goals, assists and forward impetus, and if we don’t feel there are any RW’s out there that can provide that….maybe, just maybe we won’t sign one.

Have Diaz or Gakpo operate behind Nunez and Osimhen with a midfield 3 of Mac Grav and Szob. Easy.

[article]
Liverpool rivalled for Schalke starlet

Liverpool face competition in the race to sign Schalke talent Assan Ouedraogo.
According to TeamTalk, RB Leipzig have made contact with the 17-year-old's agent over the conditions of a deal. He is represented by his father, Alassane, and was in Leipzig last week.
It has been said that several clubs have been put on red alert with the midfielder highly rated. Further reports suggest he could be worth around £15million.
0_GettyImages-1724017292.jpg

[/article]

And Nico Williams is a target

Last edited:
@bluebell - who are we linked with for January - a real link that we are likely to sign. Is Andre a real possibility and do you think we will definitely add a defensive minded midfielder to our ranks. I think we really need one.

@bluebell - who are we linked with for January - a real link that we are likely to sign. Is Andre a real possibility and do you think we will definitely add a defensive minded midfielder to our ranks. I think we really need one.
There's alot of good talent out there. I was one of the first here to mention Andre 3000 but even though he plays as a 6 he isn't a 6. He is one of those players who can bring the ball out of defence and make progressive passes. Amazing talent but picks up yellow cards frequently
Now this kid Ezequiel Fernández is a proper 6. He looks amazing from the comps, I have seen.

If we get a defender, even though I would be happy with Lloyd Kelly or Tosin, and they would cost peanuts, I think the club will go Hincapie or Maxence Lacroix (in the summer).
Attack, I can name a huge number forwards but Nico Williams on afree or low fee, is a no brainer.
This kid Assan Ouedraogo is a huge talent (Judas vibes) but as he turns 18 in May at the earliest he will be a summer signing - but then you have to ask how many players do you want in MF?
Lets say our signings are for Jan and summer
Andre
Fernandez
Assan Ouedraogo
With lets say Thiago being laid to rest and Wataru ends up on loan. Steph would have to be sent out on loan too
Attack you have Nico who replaces Salah
And a CB with either Hincapie or Max
I really can't see the club being stupid and keeping Adrian again

There's alot of good talent out there. I was one of the first here to mention Andre 3000 but even though he plays as a 6 he isn't a 6. He is one of those players who can bring the ball out of defence and make progressive passes. Amazing talent but picks up yellow cards frequently
Now this kid Ezequiel Fernández is a proper 6. He looks amazing from the comps, I have seen.

If we get a defender, even though I would be happy with Lloyd Kelly or Tosin, and they would cost peanuts, I think the club will go Hincapie or Maxence Lacroix (in the summer).
Attack, I can name a huge number forwards but Nico Williams on afree or low fee, is a no brainer.
This kid Assan Ouedraogo is a huge talent (Judas vibes) but as he turns 18 in May at the earliest he will be a summer signing - but then you have to ask how many players do you want in MF?
Andre
Fernandez
Assan Ouedraogo
With lets say Thiago being laid to rest and Wataru ends up on loan. Steph would have to be sent out on loan too

Mate did not want an essay on all ypur fantasies. I just want to kbow realistically what do you think we will get in December ? My gut tells me a proper 6 and a LCB, so O want to know from your legitimate sources who those will most likely be.

Andre
Fernandez
Assan Ouedraogo

The vid of that player looks good, but why does he look like he is under age and has not even reached puberty ?

Mate did not want an essay on all ypur fantasies. I just want to kbow realistically what do you think we will get in December ? My gut tells me a proper 6 and a LCB, so O want to know from your legitimate sources who those will most likely be.
If Salah goes in Jan then I guess Williams.
If Thaigo goes in the Jan, then I can't see why we can't get both Fernandes and Andre but most likely Andre unless he asks for something stupid. Though I would prefer Fernandes who is more of a 6.
Its unlikely we will get any defensive reinforcement in Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom