• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Jan Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's alot of good talent out there. I was one of the first here to mention Andre 3000 but even though he plays as a 6 he isn't a 6. He is one of those players who can bring the ball out of defence and make progressive passes. Amazing talent but picks up yellow cards frequently
Now this kid Ezequiel Fernández is a proper 6. He looks amazing from the comps, I have seen.

Boca Juniors midfielder Ezequiel Fernandez has an admirer in Liverpool star Alexis Mac Allister.

The Argentine, who signed for the Reds in the summer from Brighton, is a huge fan of his countryman.

The Reds have been linked to Fernandez in the past, which means he may play with Mac Allister at club level in the near future.

“If you ask me a little more about my style, there is a player that I really like and that is Equi Fernandez," he told TyC Sports earlier this year.

“He is a player who has all the conditions to reach Europe one day and I hope that can happen to him.

“He is a player that I like a lot, he understands the game a lot. He is always prepared to receive the ball, he plays with both legs, he can play as a five, as an inside player… he is a player who has certain very good conditions and, if Brighton asked me, I would say his name."

Devyne Rensch, Andre and Eze Fermadez in Jan and in the summer Nico Williams on a free
[article]
Sources: Liverpool set sights on signing Ajax sensation Devyne Rensch - he can play multiple roles

[/article]

Devyne Rensch, Andre and Eze Fermadez in Jan and in the summer Nico Williams on a free
[article]
Sources: Liverpool set sights on signing Ajax sensation Devyne Rensch - he can play multiple roles

[/article]

We definitely don’t need 2 midfielders - it’ll be Andre or Eze but likely not both (if either at all).

We definitely don’t need 2 midfielders - it’ll be Andre or Eze but likely not both (if either at all).
Thiago is dead and Endo is close to drawing his pension, that's why I want two. What Klopp does is anyone's guess

[article]

[/article]
Well I can tell you now we aint signing 3 players in Jan.

Rensch and Andre would be 2 quality additions, whether they can both happen in Jan or not.....I doubt it, a lot will come down to how we are physically and whether results continue or turn for the worst.

Thiago is dead and Endo is close to drawing his pension, that's why I want two. What Klopp does is anyone's guess

It doesn’t matter if Thiago’s dead - he’s not played in ages - we’re not missing him.

Endo is playing well - his age is largely irrelevant this year and he’ll be good backup for a younger DM type - which would be fine.

We also have Badger - where’s he going to play if we sign another RB and 2 young DMs - are you proposing we sell him or fuck him off on loan?

A DM would be a great addition, so would a LCB that could potentially also play LB and a forward capable of playing on the right.

That’s it and the only one that’s even remotely urgent is a DM - and even then, we have cover.

No way we are buying two more midfielders in January AND next Summer put together. How many midfielders do we need ! So you can stop listing the 100 players you want us to sign ASAP.

In order of requirement (and I've dropped CB down since Quansah's arrival and JoMez returning to form - VvD, Konate and Matip still the top three CBs) :
1. LB - Tsimikas isn't good enough as a long term replacement. I thought he was poor again yesterday. And Robbo is getting on and will need replacing sooner rather than later.
2. Thiago will leave next Summer. If Andre is brought in in January then that's the midfield overhaul completed.
3. Matip may or may not leave next Summer, in any case we need a younger, faster, RCB that suits the way we play (high line and inverted Trent).

The forward line doesn't need touching until Mo is done, and at his current rate that could be 2-3 seasons (unless the Saudis' come in with a ridiculous offer we simply can't turn down). GK position should be good for another 3-4 seasons with Ali and Pitaluga. I'd maybe sell Kelleher now as I think Pitaluga could be better long term.

Last edited:
Steph is a talent but there is no way you can guarantee his fitness to me. You guys are more than likely right, we might just get Andre and no one else but from what I read this Fernandez kid is awesome. Even if you buy him and loan him out, he is worth an easy £60m in 12M.

I really really like badger, hopefully he comes through the injury issues and continues his momentum. I’m not 100% sure he’ll be a dm though, definitely still sign Andre.

[article]
Real Madrid have identified Canadian international Alphonso Davies, 22, as a key target and are confident of agreeing a deal with his current club Bayern Munich to bring him to La Liga next summer. (Relevo - in Spanish)
Real Madrid will compete with Liverpool and Manchester United for Sporting Lisbon and Portugal centre-back Goncalo Inacio, 22. (AS - in Spanish)
[/article]

[article]
Real Madrid have identified Canadian international Alphonso Davies, 22, as a key target and are confident of agreeing a deal with his current club Bayern Munich to bring him to La Liga next summer. (Relevo - in Spanish)
Real Madrid will compete with Liverpool and Manchester United for Sporting Lisbon and Portugal centre-back Goncalo Inacio, 22. (AS - in Spanish)
[/article]

Oh well...Next Please

at.jpg

Laporte did the same, didn't he? Are there really that many top class CBs ahead of them for the French national team?

Yeah, read this article a few weeks ago: France's Defensive Depth: A product of 'La méthode Française’?

[article]As the French national team prepares for a clash with the Netherlands in Euro qualification and an international friendly against Scotland, a wave of injuries has seen some chopping and changing in the defensive spots for Didier Deschamps. First it was William Saliba who withdrew, replaced by OGC Nice’s Jean-Clair Todibo. Then, Barcelona’s Jules Koundé pulled out to be replaced by Chelsea’s Axel Disasi.

The latter’s spot with Les Bleus only lasted several hours before injury forced the former Monaco man to withdraw and Leipzig’s ex-Lyon stopper Castello Lukeba to take his place. Bayern Munich’s Dayot Upamecano then had to withdraw, as former Lyonnais product and current Chelsea man Malo Gusto came to replace him at Clairefontaine.

How did Deschamps manage to deal with such a killer list of defensive injuries? According to Transfermarkt, 12 out of the 50 highest market-valued defenders are French, with the 10 most expensive combined market value reaching 468 million euros. With the exception of Dayot Upamecano, all of the central defenders called up by Didier Deschamps have made senior appearances in Ligue 1 Uber Eats. From the academies of Bordeaux to Saint-Étienne, via Olympique Lyonnais and OGC Nice, the breadth and depth of talented French defenders is remarkable - but not a coincidence. It has been the product of some careful planning by the French Football Federation.[/article]

...in any case we need a younger, faster, RCB that suits the way we play (high line and inverted Trent).

I am always of the thinking that a really fast paced defender on the right side of our defensive line is the solution to us crossing the line or winning the CL in those close years we have been pipped at the final hour.
We have conceeded a few goals from that side that is not necessarily the problem with Trent but just that the opposition have deliberately overwhelmed that side and Trent alone just can't hold them. Matip, Gomez and Konate have done so well to provide cover but judging from how opposing team feature their attacks, they rely on pace much more than anything else. And if we are able to hold them there with our own speed merchant defensive player we would stop conceeding some very important goals against us in a season. We could use our defender selectively in games that need to shut out specific attacking players.
Its almost guranteed everytime that Spur's Son using his pace will score from that end. Leroy Sane, Vinicious Jr, and others have one time or the other done the same. We need this young fast CB to cover for TAA.

Last edited:
Do we dare sell Salah at the end of the season in exchange for all of the above?

Surely we can and should buy Andre and Inacio anyway? They have been on our wanted list forever. They're last summer's signings.

So it's just a swap between Musiala and Salah. I wouldn't swap Salah for anyone but clearly at some point we have to.
If we got Musiala and Wirtz, then it's a resounding yes obviously

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom