• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Jan Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely we can and should buy Andre and Inacio anyway? They have been on our wanted list forever. They're last summer's signings.

So it's just a swap between Musiala and Salah. I wouldn't swap Salah for anyone but clearly at some point we have to.
If we got Musiala and Wirtz, then it's a resounding yes obviously

Don't be silly - we are not owned by a big funder. We like to be one or two players short of a complete team, this is what it means to be Liverpool FC, hence the saying "This means more"

Surely we can and should buy Andre and Inacio anyway? They have been on our wanted list forever. They're last summer's signings.

So it's just a swap between Musiala and Salah. I wouldn't swap Salah for anyone but clearly at some point we have to.
If we got Musiala and Wirtz, then it's a resounding yes obviously

Is it?
Can we not just Muisala and let him earn Mo’s shirt. We got loads of money especially after having saved 110m on Cack.
Love how FSG, Klopp and Mo have been committed to Liverpool in their unity to see what they can do especially after last season.

"Representatives from Liverpool, Arsenal and Fulham were at Maracanã to observe André, and Fluminense is expecting a proposal at the end of the year."

Given the midfield we had last season, we have reached a point we all know.....looking for the final piece of the jigsaw. A proper DM, so we can release Mac into a more familiar position.

He’ll end up at Arsenal and we’ll be fuming when he smashes it.
I feel like Gravenberch and Endo were it. Buying a midfielder from a different country, league, culture, who probably doesn't speak the language and try to integrate him into the team mid-season, doesn't seem very plausible to me.

Last edited:
I feel like Gravenberch and Endo were it. Buying a midfielder from a different country, league, culture, who probably doesn't speak the language and try to integrate him into the team mid-season, doesn't seem very plausible to me.

I think it makes even more sense given it will be a young player and we could use the first 6 months to integrate that player into our team and tactics.

I think it makes even more sense given it will be a young player and we could use the first 6 months to integrate that player into our team and tactics.

Particularly when Thiago’s ghost is still hovering around until his end-of-season exorcism.

He could have done everyone a favour by leaving during the off season. Andre could be on our books already.

He could have done everyone a favour by leaving during the off season. Andre could be on our books already.

Andre and his club have made it pretty clear he was going nowhere until January.

Had that been different - maybe we would have called the Ghostbusters sooner to remove Thiago.

I'll admit I do not know a great deal about Andre, but I cannot help but shake the feeling that he would end up as another 8 and we would need to reenter the market for a taller, more physical, more C3PO type player.

I'll admit I do not know a great deal about Andre, but I cannot help but shake the feeling that he would end up as another 8 and we would need to reenter the market for a taller, more physical, more C3PO type player.

Don’t worry we’ll get Uncle Jorg to negotiate for a DM that’s fluent in the binary language of moisture evaporators and try and get his shorter feistier more aggressive mate on a free instead of an injury prone Thiago droid with a bad motivator.

Forest signed this Murillo chap from Brazil, around £10m. Looks an absolute unit so far in the games I’ve seen them play, Didn’t give Watkins a sniff yesterday.

Napoli signed a guy called Nathan from Brazil to replace KIM, around the same figure….looks a serious talent.

These are the types we need to be making now, exploiting South America of the many talents they have. Gonna keep banging the drum until it happens.

Same. He sounds great in theory but physically is he up to it. Rodri/Rice/Fabinho are all much bigger lads which is what a lot of fans would expect.

Forest signed this Murillo chap from Brazil, around £10m. Looks an absolute unit so far in the games I’ve seen them play, Didn’t give Watkins a sniff yesterday.

Napoli signed a guy called Nathan from Brazil to replace KIM, around the same figure….looks a serious talent.

These are the types we need to be making now, exploiting South America of the many talents they have. Gonna keep banging the drum until it happens.
So you're happy to say we should buy these guys on the basis of seeing them in one match then? FFS.

Isn't he the one who went on a CB run and lost the ball leading to our first goal against Forest?

So you're happy to say we should buy these guys on the basis of seeing them in one match then? FFS.
Not necessarily but it’s another few examples that players from that side of the world can’t adapt to the Prem or other top league in Europe straight away.

Why cant we just get a French guy, local, possibly French National team future star etc etc. Why do we insist going to South America direct. Has Andre ever seen snow ? Does he know how hard Klopp training is ?

Why cant we just get a French guy, local, possibly French National team future star etc etc. Why do we insist going to South America direct. Has Andre ever seen snow ? Does he know how hard Klopp training is ?
Weird questions.

1) How is snow relevant? Barely see snow in Liverpool. Could in theory level that against anyone from the med, or middle east.
2) does any player know how hard the sessions are, bar former players? Surely not suggesting we go back and bring in Sakho?

Other, more relevant questions, could be
1) Have they been an important part of their current teams successes, or at the very least held in high regard by their current club?
2) Do they have strong game intelligence?
3) Do they have a willingness to press?
4) Are they versatile?

Personally, i don't give a shit where someone is from. The south american market is something we have barely dipped our toe in, so i'm not opposed to see whats possible

Fulham lead the race for Andre who has been closely watched by Liverpool, Liverpool are working on other options to strengthen in midfield. -
@brunoandrd

Are you seriously asking that question considering how many gems have come out of South America? We moaned @LFC for not doing what Brighton, Man City, whole host of Spanish and Portuguese clubs do. We need to spot talents early and pounce.
If we're are in the hunt for Andre, we should be in front of Fulham... If Klopp has switched attention to Ezequiel Fernandes, I am slightly more happier as he is a 6. However, getting both Andre and Ezequiel would be my ideal (before someone moans at how many MF do i want, just these two. Endo seems like a 5th wheel and CJ will no doubt succumb to some kind of long term injury

Last edited:
@Fabio - well lets forget my dumb questions and focus on ypur question, especially the game intelligence....answer ...NO he does not coz the cunt is going to Fulham of all places. Clearly winning is too much for him.

@bluebell - its south american style and football and that made me like the sport in the first place. But I think its really poor now, and dont rate many players from that continent anymore. I would prefer we took a risk on a young European DM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom