• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Joe Hart

Prefix for Poll Threads

Joe Hart as our #1?

• Yay

Votes: 35 67.3%
  • Neigh

Votes: 17 32.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeTallecWiz

Doos
Honorary Member
We're being linked to Joe Hart by France Football.

Would you want him next year if Guardiola does indeed sell him for a 'Sweeper Keeper'?

Absolutely - a class above what we have. I can imagine quite a fee being attached, maybe up to £18-£20m..

A step up on on Mignolet but still prone to the occasional error.
I would hope that we could do better for a lesser price but I am just guessing/hoping as I haven't go a clue about the quality of keepers outside the Premier League.
I think there are at least four better keepers than him in the Premier league for a start

We're even being linked with Courtois. It's the silly season.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...ol-Antonio-Conte-Samir-Handanovic-Inter-Milan

As for Hart, I find him a bit silly as a person - he seems to think he's part of some organic team instead of a conglomeration of mercenaries, of which it takes real imagination or stupidity to convince yourself - and he's not the most consistent of top keepers. I saw Jack Butland interviewed a while back and was struck by how refreshingly intelligent, mature and grounded he was, and he's got the potential to be as good as Hart, so if we're doing fantasy keepers I'll pick him.

We're even being linked with Courtois. It's the silly season.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...ol-Antonio-Conte-Samir-Handanovic-Inter-Milan

As for Hart, I find him a bit silly as a person - he seems to think he's part of some organic team instead of a conglomeration of mercenaries, of which it takes real imagination or stupidity to convince yourself - and he's not the most consistent of top keepers. I saw Jack Butland interviewed a while back and was struck by how refreshingly intelligent, mature and grounded he was, and he's got the potential to be as good as Hart, so if we're doing fantasy keepers I'll pick him.

Agree with all of that but, if Hart's the option and the money's right, I wouldn't hesitate.

Agree with all of that but, if Hart's the option and the money's right, I wouldn't hesitate.

A 29 year old keeper, England's number one, on a £120,000/ week contract that runs to 2019, and moving from City to another rival?

I'm not sure how I'd describe the money, but I'm not sure it's going to be "right"

Well, quite, which is why I did say "if". Everything would depend on how much Pep Gladioli wants (if indeed he does want) to replace him.

Well, quite, which is why I did say "if". Everything would depend on how much Pep Gladioli wants (if indeed he does want) to replace him.

Whether Pep wants to replace him or not isn't going to really make much difference to the gigantic fee they'll be after.

It might not need to though. We're unquestionably going to have to pay shedloads, but if there's any wriggle room at all over the fee it just might make the vital difference.

For how much he'd cost in a transfer fee and wages, and add in he's not all that great - no thanks. I'm sure we can pick up a better keeper for cheaper, although probably not english.

I think Hart would be a good fit.

For a while now we have had keepers that are strong in some areas and weak in others while Hart seems to be pretty solid across the board.

Reina was great with his distribution but towards the end struggled to stop shots, Ming's distribution is bottom 5 of the league bad and although he has a reputation of a shot stopper he hasn't proven to be that great at that part of the game either.

Reina had decent command of his box but was always a shade on the small side physically, Ming is fairly big but doesn't use it to his advantage and rarely commands his area.

In my view Hart isn't necessarily exceptional in any one area but he is very solid across the board. He also has had probably his most consistent season to date this year.

He is big, he commands his area fairly well, his distribution isn't top class but it's miles better than Ming's and he makes a lot of decent saves. Maybe most importantly as well, he isn't nearly as fragile mentally as Ming.

any liverpool fan would be mad not to take him, but he won't leave city to come to us.

No. Like Cech, he has already peaked and we would be paying top dollar and mega wages for someone on a downward slope.

Yeh, cos Cech has been a terrible signing for Arsenal.
Cech has been worth the 10 pts - not! His best years are well behind him, and Arsenal inability to challenge for anything meaningful cannot be solved by signing a top g.k. anyway. Don't think Joe Hart is all that either. He's easily beaten, and his only redemption has been City's relatively solid defence. I suspect Ming's ahead of him on clean sheets in 2016 aswell..;)

Cech has been worth the 10 pts - not! His best years are well behind him, and Arsenal inability to challenge for anything meaningful cannot be solved by signing a top g.k. anyway. Don't think Joe Hart is all that either. He's easily beaten, and his only redemption has been City's relatively solid defence. I suspect Ming's ahead of him on clean sheets in 2016 aswell..;)

City's relatively solid defence. Hahahahaha

I want some boss keeper I've never heard of, who we end up calling 'the cat', and makes everything look easy, and exudes confidence.

All I can tell you, is that Hart as an Anagram is RATH.

Sounds better than the Cat to me Doc

Every single Liverpool fan who isn't a total spastic would prefer Cech or Hart in goal to Mignolet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom