• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool vs Watford 1230 Sat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dreamy is the guy telling someone to get on tinder as they're burying a loved one at a funeral at this rate.

Can't be arsed thinking about the next game when I've barely even seen this one
Not sure "funeral" is the best analogy for our win, but I can see him whispering it into the groom's ear as he comes out of the church with a stunning bride on his arm

Rurik just gave me the fear, damn him!

I fucking HATE the 12.30 Saturday slot after a European game too. It seems purposefully designed to bring about the upset- although at least we're at home.

However, I really don't think that this squad will have any sense of complacency. Now the squad tombola machine has been cranked up, I think we're seeing some healthy competition to get on the pitch, and we can expect some Origi, Millie and maybe Shaq again for this one. These squaddies are absolutely busting a gut to show what they can do. Of course, their players will be trying to prove a point to the new coach, but I'm very hopeful it's gonna be OK.

Playing on Tuesday before the early weekend kick off is also positive. It gives us more time to rest and focus on the next game.

This team has a completely different mentality and belief to our teams of old. Even if Watford somehow miraculously nick an early goal, we will still score three or four. This is an exceptional team with a superb manager.
How much is the points difference between us and Watford? And we’re at home. I’d be staggered if we get anything less than a comfortable win.

I don't see where the fear of Watford is coming from. The only fear I have at the moment is that we have two fit CB's.
We're at home with two of our front three in form. It's not against us AWAY they'll be looking to reboot their season.

Rurik just gave me the fear, damn him!

I fucking HATE the 12.30 Saturday slot after a European game too. It seems purposefully designed to bring about the upset- although at least we're at home.

However, I really don't think that this squad will have any sense of complacency. Now the squad tombola machine has been cranked up, I think we're seeing some healthy competition to get on the pitch, and we can expect some Origi, Millie and maybe Shaq again for this one. These squaddies are absolutely busting a gut to show what they can do. Of course, their players will be trying to prove a point to the new coach, but I'm very hopeful it's gonna be OK.

If it was Weds night and Eastern Europe maybe but it was Tuesday and a short flight.

We’ll batter them as we have the last 2 years at home

Cannot take any game for granted. I see where Rurik's coming from. Has the potential to trip us up if our mentality is not right. I expect some rotation but hope not too much. And I expect the mentality to be good. But can't say I will be relaxed on Saturday.
If we can keep our run going through the end of January we will be looking very good for the league. Throwing points away against Watford would open a door which I would like to stay firmly shut.

Cannot take any game for granted. I see where Rurik's coming from. Has the potential to trip us up if our mentality is not right. I expect some rotation but hope not too much. And I expect the mentality to be good. But can't say I will be relaxed on Saturday.
If we can keep our run going through the end of January we will be looking very good for the league. Throwing points away against Watford would open a door which I would like to stay firmly shut.

Of course, but to be surprised if we win is a tad overstating it no?

I don't fear Watford, but I also think we will lose a league game at some point, and technically it has to happen against a team that isn't as good as ours.

I don't fear Watford, but I also think we will lose a league game at some point, and technically it has to happen against a team that isn't as good as ours.

City only lost to us and United 2 years ago. We only lost to City last year.

We don’t have to lose to anyone and there is a decent chance we won’t.

Any news on how bad Lovren is.
He's got some previous though with the I'll be ok, tis but a scratch and then he's out for ages after aggravating injury.

Gomez will slot in but we are then thin with replacements.

Me: I think we will lose a game this season
DB: Here's some evidence that even the best teams in the league lose a game or two

My example highlighted its highly improbable it will against Watford which is the only game we are talking about in this thread.

Do keep up.

17th May 2020, we probably register our second draw of the season on 9th May 2020.

As for this match, new manager. There will be a bit of a bounce in their steps going into this match and we've just come out of a high from midweek Champs League result. If we don't put out the strongest side to focus on this match, it won't be an easy one. An early goal will settle the fans and players' nerves and allow them to enjoy the match more. Klopp had already given a clear warning on his post match interview for us to stay focus at task at hand.

The big question is how the atmosphere will be, lets hope the players can feed of the crowd and vice versa.

atmosphere will be ace as fans will be licking their lips at the thought of a cricket score.

atmosphere will be ace as fans will be licking their lips at the thought of a cricket score.
Spoke to three season ticket holders today.

All separately.

All of whom said something along the lines of "Ah, we'll fucking batter them Sat, it'll be dead easy".

Unfortunately that attitude, plus the early kick off, & the chance of a Tory election win (which WILL affect the mood negatively) may mean it's a subdued atmosphere. I hope I'm wrong.

I think this will be a game we make a statement in and score 6 or 7. We go into the CWC semi midweek which is where i expect to see the alternatives get a start, however I’m expecting the main front 3 again for this. No idea on midfield but hopefully Ox is in there.

Spoke to three season ticket holders today.

All separately.

All of whom said something along the lines of "Ah, we'll fucking batter them Sat, it'll be dead easy".

Unfortunately that attitude, plus the early kick off, & the chance of a Tory election win (which WILL affect the mood negatively) may mean it's a subdued atmosphere. I hope I'm wrong.

Yeh I can see the election thing having a dampener. early goal should lift things If it is quiet. I’m finding hard to be anything other than optimistic about this team and manager at the moment. It’s a feeling I haven’t about us in decades and it’s great.

This thread turned into a train wreck fast. Thx Rurik for the shitty post.

Yea, Watford is SCARY, lol. Fuck off with that garbage.

This thread turned into a train wreck fast. Thx Rurik for the shitty post.

Yea, Watford is SCARY, lol. Fuck off with that garbage.

I think it was a trainwreck before. People discussing how many we can rest and still win by a large margin. Premier League is unforgiving to this kind of attitude; only hope it didn't trickle down to the players.

I think it was a trainwreck before. People discussing how many we can rest and still win by a large margin. Premier League is unforgiving to this kind of attitude; only hope it didn't trickle down to the players.

Not sure any of the players are on here since David James

Thats why we go full strength, normal front 3 and treat it like another Salzburg game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom