• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool vs Watford 1230 Sat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreambeliever

From Doubter to Believer (to doubter again)
New Manager for them which should give them energy.

Still as usually hammer Watford at home.

Hopefully plenty of rotation and goals.

Becker
Milner
Gomez
VVD
Robertson
Ox
Gini
Henderson
Shaq
Origi
Salah

He needs to get his mind off another good Keita performance ... this is the only way to handle the frustration.

I would love him to go on and be our player of year.

Two good away performances in a row.

Now he needs to do it consistently for 6 months

It's burning you inside Patty ... I know ... I suggest a piece of toast with branston pickle and good red leicester ... that will calm you as you sing to your song "We've conquered all of Europe ... We're never gonna stop"

It's burning you inside Patty ... I know ... I suggest a piece of toast with branston pickle and good red leicester ... that will calm you as you sing to your song "We've conquered all of Europe ... We're never gonna stop"

Ha. Not at all. Keita had them on toast tonight that’s enough for me.

Ha. Not at all. Keita had them on toast tonight that’s enough for me.

i would go with the following on Saturday:

Becker

TAA
Gomez
VvD
Robbo

Gini
Milner
Ox

Mane
Origi
Salah

(their front players are bloody fast - Milner cannot play in defense for this one).

After this game it's 4 days to the next game which is the semi final in the World club championship(sure there's a League cup game a day before but the kids are playing in it). It's usually a team we should be able to beat with our squad players.

I think we should start with a strong line up against Watford.
Also, we might see Van den Berg or Hoever on the bench on Saturday.

There will be another 4/5 changes. No way we will start the game with the same team as tonight

Dreamy is the guy telling someone to get on tinder as they're burying a loved one at a funeral at this rate.

Can't be arsed thinking about the next game when I've barely even seen this one

It’s done and let’s be honest the league is top priority this year.

CL can go to the back of our minds til March

Absolutely Dreamy - the next game is the most important thing for us. Nothing else matters for LFC other than that.

I think we will drop points against Watford. All the signs are there – we will be coming back from a psychologically tough away CL elimination game, some players' minds will be already on the trip to Qatar after the game, everyone including us here is getting a bit complacent due to "unassailable" lead at the top, the players' motivation will inevitably drop against a "worst of the league" team – who just got a new manager whose specialty is firing up and motivating his players. And they actually have the players, particularly in midfield, who can match us for quality and physicality. This reminds me of a January game against Swansea a couple of years back when they were bottom of the league and considered hopeless – and were exactly the only team who beat us. Klopp will know all this and do his best to stamp out any signs of complacency, but human nature cannot be fully overcome. I would be surprised if we don't drop points in this one.

I think we will drop points against Watford. All the signs are there – we will be coming back from a psychologically tough away CL elimination game, some players' minds will be already on the trip to Qatar after the game, everyone including us here is getting a bit complacent due to "unassailable" lead at the top, the players' motivation will inevitably drop against a "worst of the league" team – who just got a new manager whose specialty is firing up and motivating his players. And they actually have the players, particularly in midfield, who can match us for quality and physicality. This reminds me of a January game against Swansea a couple of years back when they were bottom of the league and considered hopeless – and were exactly the only team who beat us. Klopp will know all this and do his best to stamp out any signs of complacency, but human nature cannot be fully overcome. I would be surprised if we don't drop points in this one.
That Swansea experience is why I don't think we will drop points.

I agree with you though. This looks a huge banana skin. However, if Klopp plays players like Ox, Milner, Origi and Shaq, who are hungry, haven't played tonight, with a point to prove, I don't see why we don't win this. The crowd will need to be on their game and not turn up complacent, expecting an easy 3 points. I think the players will be ok though.

It won't be easy, for sure. But we're not THAT Liverpool anymore. I think we'll be ok.

I actually think that the team will be super up for it, as it's the last 'real' match for a couple of weeks, before they take a long holiday...

Looking forward to the weekend and seeing another game. With Ox, Divock the Slayer and Shaq available we are able to rotate and still put out a fantastic team. There’s only one way this game goes, and that’s with a Red win.

We need to match their physicality and energy in midfield, so I would probably choose this trio:

---Gini--------Ox--------
--------Hendo----------

Then thinking about the front 3, I would give Bobby a rest and tweak the system to get Mane and Ox on the ball between the lines, while Origi and Mo play on the shoulder:

---------Origi----------
---Mane--------Salah

First-choice back 4 with Gomez filling in for Lovren. Then having the likes of Keita, Shaq, Bobby and Milner on the bench will be some luxury.

Last edited:

I don't think any player in the history of football has achieved that so it comes as no surprise that's the bar you set for Keita !

:D:D:D

Oh Jesus Rurik FFS, I didn't take you to be Hal v.2. WTF. This is literally one of the most hyperbolic statements seen on 6CM : "I would be surprised if we don't drop points in this one.".
Have you not seen our recent form when playing 'squad' players ? And against far more difficult competition ? And that's without even considering it's at Anfield (and our current record there), Klopp and the quality difference in the squads.

Watford's record this season is W ONE, Drawn 6 Lost 9. Their record away from home in ALL matches is W1 D3 L7. They have lost 5 of their last 7 matches home or away. And they are adrift at the bottom of the table. It does my brain in to think that anyone could suggest that this is going to be anything other than a comfortable win (it would likely be considered one the most sensational results of this season if we didn't win). There will be no new manager bounce in this game.

P.S. I usually love your contributions mate, you are the Spock of 6CM. Which makes that post of yours seem like the Romulans (can't be Klingons - not cerebral enough) have invaded your mind !

Last edited:
There always has to be that one game every season when the league leaders play the absolutely shit bottom placed team and the unthinkable happens....

There always has to be that one game every season when the league leaders play the absolutely shit bottom placed team and the unthinkable happens....
No. There really doesn't ! At least not when you are talking Top vs. Bottom, at home.

Surprised really? With our fringe players dying to prove themselves? Behave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom