• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool vs West Ham (H) EPL 24th Feb Mon 8pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreambeliever

From Doubter to Believer (to doubter again)
Should be a routine win.

Allison
TAA
Gomez
VVD
Robbo
Fabhino
Gini
Keita
Salah
Mane
Firmino

Referee: Jonathan Moss. Assistants: Marc Perry, Eddie Smart. Fourth official: Lee Mason. VAR: Paul Tierney. Assistant VAR: Stuart Burt.

Shit ref and shit fourth official.

I know it's 5 days rest from the Atleti game but I'd still put in few fresh legs in.

Alisson Trent Matip Van Dijk Milner Ox Keita Salah Firmino Mane

Hendo likely to miss out, Milner in.
Gomez played lot recently, Matip in.
Fab looks like he needs more time to get his groove back, Keita in.
Gini not playing very well, Ox in.

I mean it's only West Ham, whatever side we put out will bladder them pillar to post anyway.

The midfield combo is the one we want to get right. Assuming Hendo is out we wanna think of who out of Ox, Keita and Milner we would want to play vs Atleti in 3 weeks and give them the best chance to be on form

Referee: Jonathan Moss. Assistants: Marc Perry, Eddie Smart. Fourth official: Lee Mason. VAR: Paul Tierney. Assistant VAR: Stuart Burt.

I guess the fourth official is there mostly to show added mins and get abuse when the shit ref makes shit calls so I am kind of happy he isn't a good one.

I know it's 5 days rest from the Atleti game but I'd still put in few fresh legs in.

Alisson Trent Matip Van Dijk Milner Ox Keita Salah Firmino Mane

Hendo likely to miss out, Milner in.
Gomez played lot recently, Matip in.
Fab looks like he needs more time to get his groove back, Keita in.
Gini not playing very well, Ox in.

I mean it's only West Ham, whatever side we put out will bladder them pillar to post anyway.
However poor you think West Ham are, I think it would be disrespectful to only start with 10 players.

The midfield combo is the one we want to get right. Assuming Hendo is out we wanna think of who out of Ox, Keita and Milner we would want to play vs Atleti in 3 weeks and give them the best chance to be on form
It's West Ham and we're at Anfield. Any 3 midfielders fit that we have would do the job just fine.

I don't think there is such a thing as a routine win when you're playing game 51 of the season in February.

This is a slog

Exactly why this is (usually) the start of that crucial period that separates title challengers from title winners.

Obviously, this isn't usual, but it's also fair enough to use the word "slog" given we haven't exactly been smashing many teams recently, second half of Southampton game apart.

Under klopp we usually have an awful January.

This time we've been playing poor footy, but doing enough to win.

I think we'll have some patchy form for the next few weeks & then hopefully hit our stride & Real form til the end of the season, cos if we're still in the CL & fa cup we'll need to find that form.

Under klopp we usually have an awful January.

This time we've been playing poor footy, but doing enough to win.

I think we'll have some patchy form for the next few weeks & then hopefully hit our stride & Real form til the end of the season, cos if we're still in the CL & fa cup we'll need to find that form.

Apart from being 25 points ahead in the league the really impressive thing to me has just how consistent we were during December in particular.

Players stayed fit and capable of performing at high levels with such regularity that we have clearly got the training,a recovery and diet side of the regime down to a tee. (Or we're running a great HGH,a horse placenta and blood spinning regime)

Moyes rested half of their good players versus city, likely to be fresh for this one... Lanzini, Anderson etc.

Their midfield and defence is shite so let's go for the jugular.

-----------Alisson-----------
TAA--Gomez--VVD--Robbo
-----------Fabinho-----------
------Ox------------Naby----
Salah-----Bobby-----Mane

Their bench was Haller, Lanzini, Felipe Anderson, Zabaleta, Balbuena - all dead certs in their best starting XI. Not saying they're great players, but they are among the best in that squad
I gathered that this wasn't resting these players, but part of his plan to have his more defensive players on the pitch to prevent City racking up a big score. He may well go with a similar strategy against us. If he doesn't, all the better.

He got ruined on the radio for picking that team against city and the subsequent performance. It was said he tried to do a ‘Simeone’. The talk was about how it’s ok to lose as long as you give it a go but Moyes was already conceding the match in the pre match press conference and then he benched their attacking players.

I get it though, they take a 8-0 humping or something ridiculous against city or us at this stage of the season and they are as good as down. Like @doctor_mac said i can very much see another park the bus performance from them unless the fans get in his ear.

I think we can do a job without the refs help.

So it will be;

Alisson
Trent Gomez Virgil Robertson
Gini Fabinho Keita
Salah Firmino Mane

So, we have 3 weeks for Milner to do his thing, and a big opportunity for Keita to show what he can do. With Fabs and Milner back we're in a strong position to deal with this, though with Hendo's tremendous form, he will be missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom