• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Matip - stay or go?

Prefix for Poll Threads

Matip - stay or go?

• Stay

Votes: 25 67.6%
  • Go

Votes: 12 32.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we've done it before. Ox maybe?
Anyway, I really hope the club gives him a one year extension. This is his 8th season, we need to show some loyalty here.
I genuinely hope he goes to Saudi, which forces the club to dip into their pockets. The debts will be cleared and with the increased capacity and the sale of konate and Salah, we get a top class 2XCB between now and the summer

Extension would be heart not head. It took VVD a full season and a half to get back to his best.
Matip never will.

Yeah, he won't be back until maybe September. It depends on the severity obviously.

If we want to give Joel a £5m 'thank you' and can afford to write it off then fine extend his contract for a year but in reality that would not be great future planning. Maybe a contract based on performance/games played would suit both parties?

Thing is speed and stretching are hallmarks of Joel's game and we've seen so many times what an ACL injury does to guys in their 20's

If we want to give Joel a £5m 'thank you' and can afford to write it off then fine extend his contract for a year but in reality that would not be great future planning. Maybe a contract based on performance/games played would suit both parties?

Thing is speed and stretching are hallmarks of Joel's game and we've seen so many times what an ACL injury does to guys in their 20's
Valid point definitely, I just want the club to at least let him stay until he's fully rehabilitated.
As someone else said, he won't cost us as much as other players would and most importantly he's an important member of the squad, has a great personality, never complained and is very well liked by the players and the staff apparently.
Klopp definitely likes him and I bet he will fight to keep him around.

Valid point definitely, I just want the club to at least let him stay until he's fully rehabilitated.
As someone else said, he won't cost us as much as other players would and most importantly he's an important member of the squad, has a great personality, never complained and is very well liked by the players and the staff apparently.
Klopp definitely likes him and I bet he will fight to keep him around.

Yes, it's why, for once, we are united on this forum in our sadness that he's got this probably career ending injury, at least at the very top flight. Some kind of pay-as-you-play contract whilst he does his badges etc may have some merit if that's what both parties want.

Personally, and I hate to be so hard, I'd give him my BIGGEST hug, thank him profusely, give him a guaranteed seat in the crowd and a free pass to Melwood. Then I'd go and buy his replacement

Edit - oops Melwood is the ladies one now isn't it lol - I meant Kirby

Some players can start jogging 6-7 months after surgery.
Begining of next season is not a completely unrealistic goal.

I'd offer Matip a year extension.

Varane on a 6 month loan - I bet United would accept this. It would fill an experienced gap in our squad. If he impresses we buy for 2 more years. Thoughts?

Sorry but they wouldn't even consider it, and I'm far from sure I'd like it to happen even if they did. Do Not Want.

I think we've done it before. Ox maybe?
Anyway, I really hope the club gives him a one year extension. This is his 8th season, we need to show some loyalty here.
I say we give him a a new year deal too.....

Then on his 32nd Birthday as the season's about to begin, start Quansah ahead of him then terminate his contract after the game.

You don't get more loyal than that.

1 year extension on reduced terms and possibly delisted from the league squad of 25, at least for the first half of the season.

He’d be the central defensive version of Adrian - then, if he recovers, he can make a decision about leaving, going on loan or potentially working his way back into the squad for the second half of the season.

Regardless - CB is now a priority for us.

Varane on a 6 month loan - I bet United would accept this. It would fill an experienced gap in our squad. If he impresses we buy for 2 more years. Thoughts?
No and No. Verane is just another Konate (injured always) , plus Man U and Liverpool have not done any transfers for 60+ years.

What's this Varane nonsense? He's shit, always was.

Matip ain't all that, never was. We don't need to go there in January.

Gomez is nowhere near as bad as the yahoos on here suggest. But, granted, he's not the answer moving forward.

I don't think we need a January signing but we need a summer signing, and it needs to be a VVD type player. I hope we've got our eye on someone.

Can I, yet again, remind everyone that Varane is on equivalent wages to Salah. Let that sink in.

We’d be as well offering Matip to Utd on loan for the rest of the season.

Even with a busted ACL, he’s better than all their other CBs.

WTF have you been smoking ?! He's been as unreliable as any defender we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom