• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NFL - Offseason, Draft & 2018/19 Season

Don't need to read it ... I posted this before it:

Are they really comparable though? Galloway was 29 when we signed him, and Williams 27. The deal to sign Williams included a 1st, 3rd and a 5th pick.
God knows what we were smoking back then.

Cooper is 24, a mere 6 months older than some of the WRs that are rookies this season. Salary wise its pretty decent as well.

We overpaid, no doubt. But this deal has a lot going for it considering what we're getting. I really hope he turns out to be a great signing. Would be boss to prove a lot of people wrong and that this gamble pays off.

Galloway at the time was one of the most feared WRs in the NFL ...
Roy Williams was meant to take his game to the next level ... much like Coop is meant to here.

Coop is young, good route runner, right attitude etc ... but at the end of the day, we've overpaid (like we did with them) and that's why the comparison is being made.
Let's hope he doesn't get grouped with them when he retires (with 3 rings and a place on the Cowboys Ring of Honor obviously)!

Galloway at the time was one of the most feared WRs in the NFL ...
Roy Williams was meant to take his game to the next level ... much like Coop is meant to here.

Coop is young, good route runner, right attitude etc ... but at the end of the day, we've overpaid (like we did with them) and that's why the comparison is being made.
Let's hope he doesn't get grouped with them when he retires (with 3 rings and a place on the Cowboys Ring of Honor obviously)!

Agreed, but we're now signing someone much younger and with the potential to develop together with our offence, not a seasoned pro coming in at the other end of his career.
Thats why it has a different feel for me, I guess. But at the end of the day we're short a 1st round pick, and he better deliver or else we'll be regretting this in April.

Someone is literally having the easiest week of their life in the Fantasy this week.
Ive got Gordon, Elliott, Kupp and Jones all out.
Im literally scrabbling around to get a lineup.

I cant decide if id be happy if I were a Raiders fan.
Mack aside they havnt sold any of the family silver.
Even if they let Carr go its hardly the end of the world and they already arent making the playoffs. I dont think a single W means as much in America as it does here.

If carr went and they had FOUR first rounders..... well shit you replace Lynch, Cooper and Carr and STILL have all your actual picks for a D strengthening exercise.

Issue being I wouldnt trust Gruden to pick his nose

I picked up the Patriots D this week because they're playing the Bills, but i didn't realise the Bills were this bad:

Josh Allen, who’s currently nursing an elbow injury, was nothing short of a disaster in his first six games for the team. The rookie first-rounder has completed just 54 percent of his passes (dead last among 33 qualifying quarterbacks this year) with two touchdowns and five interceptions and an abysmal 61.8 passer rating (also easily dead last). He’s taken 21 sacks on 160 dropbacks for a league-worst 13.1 sack rate, and is averaging just 6.0 yards per attempt (you guessed it — dead last). Allen has the worst supporting cast of any quarterback in the NFL, sure, an important caveat, but the bottom line is that the state of the Bills’ offense is grim. Buffalo’s offense has the worst DVOA through seven games of any team that Football Outsiders has ever tracked. This team could have an ’85 Bears-level defense and it might not matter; they simply can’t win with an offense this historically inept.

Allen had a career completion of 56% at Wyoming throwing against Mountain West defences, so it's not like he's ever been able to hit a barn door. Fuck knows why anyone thought winning a Potato Bowl makes a player.

Yes bruvvaaaa.
Got bed for you.

Im going again Sunday
Eagles vs Jags
Cant wait
Said to my Mrs we can combine it with an in laws visit. I'll just fuck off with you for the day

Off to Wembley.
Hopefully another competetive game.

I think its the first time the champs have visited England so shoulf be some hype

Last week was a good mix of fans, this is very very heavily in favour if Eagles. They everywhere

Because the Browns have had only two .500+ seasons in the 19 years since the franchise restarted, and the office have a record of making draft decisions like they smoked a pound of angel dust before going on the clock, so it really doesn't matter who's in charge. They're a joke of an organisation. Frankly, even before the restart they'd been shit for years. Aside from the brief resurgence under Marty Schottenheimer in the late eighties (when they were the second best losers in the league after Dan Reeves's Broncos, who beat them in three AFC title games in four years and went on to lose all three Super Bowls), they've been an embarrassment since the early Paul Brown and Blanton Collier years (and Collier was massively reliant on Jim Brown). Only five of their players were alive when they last won their division, and most of them were breast-feeding.

I love the odd stats to show just how bad teams are:

Since 1996 Tom Brady has won more games at the Bills stadium than any Bills QB.

Bill Belechick would have to lose 1070 games (66 seasons) in a row to equal Hue Jackson's winning percentage at Cleveland.

Clinton Dix to an already tidy Redskins D.

They will be hard to beat down the line

Cowboys looking even stupider now.

Demaryius Thomas and Golden Tate go for 3rd and 4th round picks ....

Cowboys looking even stupider now.

Demaryius Thomas and Golden Tate go for 3rd and 4th round picks ....

Demaryius - 30, and declining ... big time. Massive salary.
golden tate - 30, and a FA after the summer ... I like him though - he'll play another 3-5 years, but doubt with the Eagles - i.e. a let's try to win the SB one more time rental.

Cooper is 24 with another year, reasonable price and is healthy with a big chip on his shoulder.

1st rounder is still steep but Dallas needed a player of his age/talent ... it will backfire most likely but it's a good trade (especially as Eagles offered a 2nd for him).

Ty Montgomery - key assignment in pass protection missed, and fumbling after being told to stay in the endzone -> i.e. cost the Pack a massive win against the Rams ... buh bye, traded for a 7th to Baltimore!

Back
Top Bottom