• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

OFFICIAL - Rodgers Sacked !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How we had a team of decent players that any decent manager would of been successful with..

Gerrard Suarez Studge and the rise of Sterling and Coutinho, it was the basis of great team..

Brendans achillies heel was his inability to set teams upto defend, which of course was his job he was set to do and has been unable to succeed with and what probably lost him the title...

Hindsight is a wonderful thing...

The truth is...We won a lot of games that season by attacking teams from the 1st minute and destroying them and leaving them a bloody pulp even before half time.. Its speculative of course, but I doubt we'd have done anywhere near as well playing defensively & balanced.. Rodgers chose to stick to his philosophy that season and he should be commended for it. If he ditched his attacking philosophy in the last month and we ended up losing anyway.. Everyone would say that he lost his nerve and threw it away. Why change things when confidence is high?

I'm content with his sacking.. as he's clearly lost the fans and his philosophy is in tatters. His decisions when we are low in confidence and form has caused his downfall.

His decisions in 2013 got us into that position and he was unlucky.

Besides... Look at the other teams... It's not like we had the best squad in the league and were favorites....

I liked BR and hoped he could do well with us.

But i lost some of my respect for him last season. He could have and should have just graciously stepped down. I'm sure he would be able to find a job fairly quickly then and would have left us on a relatively good note.

He didn't and he threw his assistants to the dogs. Nothing improved and he has been found out, sprouting some cringeworthy nonsense along the way.

I wish him luck but in my books he is just slightly better than RH because of 2013/14.

Not that I wouldn't welcome appointing Klopp, but....

I seem to recall an article a while back detailing how Germany set about revitalising their domestic players to again be one of the elite international teams.

The thrust was that all teams, including Bayern had to buy into a process of developing German youth above importing top overseas players.

This period seems to have coincided with Klopp's rise at Dortmund while Bayern stuttered (particularly as a European force).

Since Bayern started flexing their considerable transfer muscle again, it's noticeable that Dortmund have declined again.

I'm suggesting that there were a set of external circumstances that created a situation where Klopp's ability as a manager was able to return maximum reward.

Those circumstances will not be replicated if he is appointed our new manager.

We might, and I stress might, be in for more of the same.

Bayern won the CL final against Dortmund.

I seem to recall an article a while back detailing how Germany set about revitalising their domestic players to again be one of the elite international teams.

The thrust was that all teams, including Bayern had to buy into a process of developing German youth above importing top overseas players.

This period seems to have coincided with Klopp's rise at Dortmund while Bayern stuttered (particularly as a European force).

Since Bayern started flexing their considerable transfer muscle again, it's noticeable that Dortmund have declined again.

I'm suggesting that there were a set of external circumstances that created a situation where Klopp's ability as a manager was able to return maximum reward.

If he can get team playing like they actually know each other, then that'll be an improvement.

Weren't Bayern hand picking his best players even during that period?
How does it also explain Dotmund's strength in Europe?
Weren't a lot of their top performers non-German?

I'm glad he's gone. At the start of the season in thought he had the season to save his job. But as we limped through the start of the season looking disjointed and uninterested and Rodgers continued his pouty press conferences I felt he'd be replaced as soon as we had a replacement lined up.

I think there's a lot more to consider than simply the manager - the transfer committee needs killing, Ayre's rope must come under scrutiny.

I still think there's plenty of talent in the squad but it doesn't all fit together. They'll probably benefit from some fresh ideas and a real leader in the club.

I feel relief. It was getting extremelly painful to watch us scrape together a few ok results and acting like we were in some kind of race....

A transfer committee is a perfectly sound concept.

Its clearly not working here, whether thats down to whoevers on it or what i don't know. But given howcfundamental recruitment is to football clubs, id imagine any new manager would want changes.

Whats most baffling about the Transfer committee is the lack of understanding about it. The whats/why's and how's. Youd think it wasa division of isis its that shrouded in mystery.

Its not healthy having Rodgers or anyone in some half way house of accountability and responsibility.

What happened with Balotelli last summer was a joke and shouldve been enough to put a lid on the mess once and for all.

Id have no problems with the club continuing with that model if ran the bean counters, youtube analysts and yanks are largely nothing to do with it

Thanks for everything, Brendan. Especially for helping us produce some of the best football I've ever seen us play, particularly in the 13-14 season, and for giving us genuine hope for the future after some dark and hopeless years before. It ended badly, but I will not forget the good times.

Now the owners have got to step in and make big changes to the structure of the club. We need somebody more competent in football matters than Ayre to make big football decisions, otherwise the new manager will be hampered by the same chronic problems that proved to be Rodgers' downfall.

I disagree, I don't think you can ever say that if your manager spends time in the back pages for his personal life.
I want a manager with 100% focus on getting us the league 24/7/365 not someone who only cares when he's in the office

What like Ferguson did with all his race horse shaningans and backhander exposure with the BBC yet still winning league after league ?

So the knobheads will be calling for his head in 2 years then. Nice.

Pete I've already read shite about fans being worried about Klopp because he "didn't achieve instant results at Dortmund". Who were 13th in the league and close to bankrupt when the took over. But still, we need instant success. Therein lies a massive problem. Whoever the new manager is - the critics already exist before his arse has warmed the managers chair. The need for an unrealistic and instant turn around is already permeating in peoples mind which leads to instant pressure although they at the same time mostly recognise the club is yet again in a bit of mess. It's shit but just fix it. We demand a miracle and we demand it now. Fuck off. In fact instant pressure is the only thing that will be guaranteed for the new man. This instantaneous demand for success like it's some god given right that can be achieved by pressing a few keys on a keyboard winds me up. The modern day football fan is an impatient and unrealistic bellend at times, especially some of ours who believe they deserve success as simply being a fan of the club entitles them to it but all too often go missing when the footballing weather is cloudy. Through the wind and the rain my arse. Success is the last thing some of our fans deserve

Fucking hell! @Mystic say it isn't that bad!

Jamie Carragher has accused Liverpool of "becoming Tottenham" in the wake of Brendan Rodgers' dismissal.
The Anfield legend was working on Sky Sports in his role as a Premier League pundit when news broke that Liverpool had ended Rodgers' tenure with immediate effect.
Speaking about his former club's lack of success over the past decade, Carragher said:
Liverpool have won one Carling Cup in 10 years. Liverpool are becoming Tottenham. They think they are a big club but the real big clubs are not too worried about them. That is the situation for Liverpool. I’m not just blaming Brendan Rodgers, it was the situation when I was there.​
– Sky Sports pundit Jamie Carragher

Fucking hell! @Mystic say it isn't that bad!

Jamie Carragher has accused Liverpool of "becoming Tottenham" in the wake of Brendan Rodgers' dismissal.
The Anfield legend was working on Sky Sports in his role as a Premier League pundit when news broke that Liverpool had ended Rodgers' tenure with immediate effect.
Speaking about his former club's lack of success over the past decade, Carragher said:
Liverpool have won one Carling Cup in 10 years. Liverpool are becoming Tottenham. They think they are a big club but the real big clubs are not too worried about them. That is the situation for Liverpool. I’m not just blaming Brendan Rodgers, it was the situation when I was there.​
– Sky Sports pundit Jamie Carragher

A transfer committee is a perfectly sound concept.

Its clearly not working here, whether thats down to whoevers on it or what i don't know. But given howcfundamental recruitment is to football clubs, id imagine any new manager would want changes.

Whats most baffling about the Transfer committee is the lack of understanding about it. The whats/why's and how's. Youd think it wasa division of isis its that shrouded in mystery.

Its not healthy having Rodgers or anyone in some half way house of accountability and responsibility.

What happened with Balotelli last summer was a joke and shouldve been enough to put a lid on the mess once and for all.

Id have no problems with the club continuing with that model if ran the bean counters, youtube analysts and yanks are largely nothing to do with it

I don't agree.

I think you need a DOF to make the decision. But in doing so he takes into account the input of the scouts, the analysts, the manager and whoever else might have a valuable opinion.

A committee gives the impression of taking a vote etc, looking for consensus.

We just need to get the right DOF - it'll be someone foreign. (I'm sending in my Cv today)

I bet O'Driscoll is regretting leaving his FA position now. What a waste of time.

Yes, the change of staff was astoundingly rash. Hopefully Gary Mac will be kept on in some capacity (although maybe Klopp would fancy Didi instead to fill the ex-pro role), and presumably Pepijn Lijnders will return to the Academy if he isn't wanted in the first team set up, but deary me, what a mess.

I don't think we're becoming Tottenham. We pretty much are Tottenham already and have been for a few years.

I think we are pretty different. For one thing, Spurs have a real long-term DOF in Daniel Levy and as a result they have some kind of long-term strategy and they are much tougher negotiators, especially when it comes to selling players (which sometimes hurts the team and the current manager, but Levy doesn't care). Another difference is that for better or for worse our ambitions and expectations are a lot higher.

When FSG came in I thought they were going to steer us in the direction of Sevilla, Porto, Borussia D. or what Southampton has later become, a club with a sound scouting strategy, buying low and selling high. And with time, due to our bigger brand and financial resources I thought we could actually go far beyond any of these clubs and actually build our way back into super-club status with this strategy. Unfortunately instead of all of this we settled for overpaying for a bunch of Saints players and trying to convince ourselves this was "Moneyball."

Pete I've already read shite about fans being worried about Klopp because he "didn't achieve instant results at Dortmund". Who were 13th in the league and close to bankrupt when the took over. But still, we need instance success. Therein lies a massive problem. Whoever the new manager is - the critics already exist before his arse has warmed the managers chair. The need for an unrealistic and instant turn around is already permeating in peoples mind which leads to instant pressure although they at the same time mostly recognise the club is yet again in a bit of mess. It's shit but just fix it. We demand a miracle and we demand it now. Fuck off. In fact instant pressure is the only thing that will be guaranteed for the new man. This instantaneous demand for success like it's some god given right that can be achieved by pressing a few keys on a keyboard winds me up. The modern day football fan is an impatient and unrealistic bellend at times, especially some of ours who believe they deserve success as simply being a fan of the club entitles them to it but all too often go missing when the footballing weather is cloudy. Through the wind and the rain my arse. Success is the last thing some of our fans deserve

Can you post this again mate so I can like it a second time

I think we are pretty different. For one thing, Spurs have a real long-term DOF in Daniel Levy and as a result they have some kind of long-term strategy and they are much tougher negotiators, especially when it comes to selling players (which sometimes hurts the team and the current manager, but Levy doesn't care). Another difference is that for better or for worse our ambitions and expectations are a lot higher.

When FSG came in I thought they were going to steer us in the direction of Sevilla, Porto, Borussia D. or what Southampton has later become, a club with a sound scouting strategy, buying low and selling high. And with time, due to our bigger brand and financial resources I thought we could actually go far beyond any of these clubs and actually build our way back into super-club status with this strategy. Unfortunately instead of all of this we settled for overpaying for a bunch of Saints players and trying to convince ourselves this was "Moneyball."

I agree with all of that and like you, also thought we were going to go down the route of clubs like Dortmund and Sevilla only to witness the mess we've gotten ourselves into.

The Spurs comparison feels valid because we're very much part of that second tier now along with Spurs. We're higher up in that tier because we still have greater pulling and buying power but the gap between the first and second tiers feels pretty big at times.

The fact that Arsenal thought they could get a player like Suarez off us just goes to show what the other clubs think of us now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom