• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

OFFICIAL - Rodgers Sacked !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha ha, it's like being heckled by George Osborne!
grandpa-simpson-happy.jpg

What like Ferguson did with all his race horse shaningans and backhander exposure with the BBC yet still winning league after league ?

A bit of a difference between horse racing and trannies though isn't it?

I feel for his sake you need to clarify the fact that trannies exist. You know, just in case he gets lucky in that new bar that's just opened up.

Now youve spoiled it. Pat - just to confirm - trannies do exist just this specific incident didn't. Make sure you squeeze their balls to check first before moving in

Pete I've already read shite about fans being worried about Klopp because he "didn't achieve instant results at Dortmund". Who were 13th in the league and close to bankrupt when the took over. But still, we need instant success. Therein lies a massive problem. Whoever the new manager is - the critics already exist before his arse has warmed the managers chair. The need for an unrealistic and instant turn around is already permeating in peoples mind which leads to instant pressure although they at the same time mostly recognise the club is yet again in a bit of mess. It's shit but just fix it. We demand a miracle and we demand it now. Fuck off. In fact instant pressure is the only thing that will be guaranteed for the new man. This instantaneous demand for success like it's some god given right that can be achieved by pressing a few keys on a keyboard winds me up. The modern day football fan is an impatient and unrealistic bellend at times, especially some of ours who believe they deserve success as simply being a fan of the club entitles them to it but all too often go missing when the footballing weather is cloudy. Through the wind and the rain my arse. Success is the last thing some of our fans deserve

This is both spot on and much of the reason that my love for the game is withering...

I get the being patient bit but I reckon a half decent manager could sort this out quite quickly. I know loads of you reckon all the signings have been shite but I think we've got a decent squad. The defenders individually are nowhere near as bad as they perform in Rodger's formations and a good coach would get them playing well. Midfield isn't dynamic enough but it's not awful either, and we've got real top class forwards, ace options.

Only 3 points off fourth, six off the top, played Manure, Arse and Everton away, plus the most difficult game of the season (West Ham at home)... we could have a good season with the right team in charge.

The only possible reason I can think of for not firing him in May and waiting until now was that they were after Klopp and had to hang on. But hiring Gary Mac and O'Driscoll doesn't fit with that strategy. Getting shut of them and not installing a caretaker suggests the manager is all but signed already anyways, which again points to Klopp.

I get the being patient bit but I reckon a half decent manager could sort this out quite quickly. I know loads of you reckon all the signings have been shite but I think we've got a decent squad. The defenders individually are nowhere near as bad as they perform in Rodger's formations and a good coach would get them playing well. Midfield isn't dynamic enough but it's not awful either, and we've got real top class forwards, ace options.

Only 3 points off fourth, six off the top, played Manure, Arse and Everton away, plus the most difficult game of the season (West Ham at home)... we could have a good season with the right team in charge.

The only possible reason I can think of for not firing him in May and waiting until now was that they were after Klopp and had to hang on. But hiring Gary Mac and O'Driscoll doesn't fit with that strategy. Getting shut of them and not installing a caretaker suggests the manager is all but signed already anyways, which again points to Klopp.

Pretty much nodded my head throughout reading that. The first paragraph is why I wasn't ready to give up on Rodgers despite having reservations about his ability. If whoever comes in is worth his salt, this squad should have no problem making top 4.

Yeh but it will take some bedding in time fella for Klopp (and it is Klopp - my wee says so) and his ideas to take effect. I can't be arsed listening to opinons of nobheads who don't like his hat or his beard or the way he walks or talks or farts to be honest. All that matters is performances, results and silverware.

I know that but I doubt you're going to see a load of people not buying into Klopp's shizzle. He seems to be the kind of guy that Rodgers tried so cringingly hard to be. Charasmatic and likeable.

I know that but I doubt you're going to see a load of people not buying into Klopp's shizzle. He seems to be the kind of guy that Rodgers tried so cringingly hard to be. Charasmatic and likeable.

And talks about things simply. i.e. doesn't feel the need to make himself sound cleverer than he actually is. The Şahin thing hits it on the head:

Interviewer: "Why didn't he succeed at Liverpool?"

Klopp: "Ah, it was the wrong position. Nuri is world class but he's a 6 or 8 position not a 9 or 10. I don't know why Brendan Rodgers did that"

After twenty odd years of every fucker banging square pegs into round holes that's good to hear.

No doubt - but how much of an improvement?
I said prior to the Everton game that a good manager can easily get this side winning regularly.

If we were playing to even two thirds of our strengths this season so far we'd be top of the league, everyone has been shit & inconsistent.

It's a perfect time for a new manager to come in, if he can get the basics right he'll be able to have a cracking first season imo.

I'm looking forward to Klopp coming now. F*ck it, it's time to get excited. He will bring a media circus with him but who cares as long as we're winning.

Weren't Bayern hand picking his best players even during that period?
How does it also explain Dotmund's strength in Europe?
Weren't a lot of their top performers non-German?

I don't know - where Bayern hand picking Dortmund's players - my feeling is not till after Dortmund had achieved a position of relative strength - I might be wrong.

I'm talking 10 years ago - Germany weren't dominant in Europe - English clubs were much more successful in Europe.

Something went on in German football - there was a level playground, which Klopp was able to take advantage of - not a criticism.

That level playground doesn't exist in England.

Anyone who expects Klopp to recreate similar success to Dortmund in a 2-3 year timescale is going to bet very, very disappointed.

Obviously, I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

Yeh but it will take some bedding in time fella for Klopp (and it is Klopp - my wee says so) and his ideas to take effect. I can't be arsed listening to opinons of nobheads who don't like his hat or his beard or the way he walks or talks or farts to be honest. All that matters is performances, results and silverware.
Your wee says so?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom