• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Oh Jota night

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...m-coaching-telford-united-on-football-manager

Interesting snapshot of his mentality here

[article]Detaching myself from it, you understand more clearly why this and that happened the way it did,” he said. “There is clearly influence from the coaching staff. From the physical part, where Antonio [Dias] helps us a lot. Then we have a mental coach, Julio [Figueroa], who helps us a lot too. We know that for every problem we face we will always have someone related to that specific area who can help us.

“For example, if we look at last season compared to this one, we see that we have been changing the tactical system a few times, adapting to the opposing teams, taking away from them any chance of breaking our system. And with these systems enhancing our qualities, we players have to adapt and help the team as well as possible.”

Jota also admires work done at other clubs. He would have no quibble with Liverpool being crowned champions if this season were to be cancelled. “If we were to have the misfortune of not being able to end the season, I think that few people would oppose this. Of course, there are always rival clubs that could be against that but I think 95% of people would agree. For me they would be fair champions.”

Which is not to say that Liverpool are his favourite Merseyside club. When he was growing up in Portugal, the English team he most enjoyed watching wore blue. “I loved to watch Everton play, especially when they were playing at home. It was not a club that fought for the title but that always made life very complicated for the big teams. And I loved that drive and competitiveness. They were relentless.

Attitude is a quality Jota cherishes as much as skill. He reckons Fernandes, for instance, has uplifted Manchester United by inspiring the club’s other players to raise their standards. “I don’t know if he is the best [player at United] but he’s the most ambitious. And that makes a difference.

“You can clearly see the difference between United with and without Bruno Fernandes. He takes on the responsibility and aspires for more than what they are doing. I think they owe him a lot already. And that is not only related to his quality, but also to his ambition and personality.”[/article]

He loved watching Everton play? When Moyes was manager? If he's that easily pleased he'll be happy enough on the bench.

The promising thing is that he and Thiago sound like really clever, thoughtful players. We went a bit brain dead at times in the last third of last season, so a bit more canniness is welcome.

Jota to be announced this evening?

Probably take the 20 shirt which he's worn at Portugal.

I've got to try to explain this. About five years ago I offered Al out of LCD some ket in Glastonbury, totally randomly, didn't know who he was, just a nice guy who was in my proximity who looked like he might like some ket. Anyways we became mates and he's invited me to a few things since, and he met my kids and they really get on. Scrote 2 is studying in London now and they hang out all the time, and LCD are building a new studio in Shoreditch, so they asked him to be a part of it all. He's not actually in the band but he's worked on a couple of remixes with them, they've given him keys. They keep messaging me about how sound he is. The other day I got a message to say it's mad about your lad's bird isn't it? I didn't know anything so I rang him up and it turns out he's started seeing the daughter of some oil billionaire and she's given him a four bedroom flat in the Barbican. She's fucking fit as fuck. He didn't want to say anything because it's too mad.

Anyways, yeah, Michael Edwards knows his shit

I've got to try to explain this. About five years ago I offered Al out of LCD some ket in Glastonbury, totally randomly, didn't know who he was, just a nice guy who was in my proximity who looked like he might like some ket. Anyways we became mates and he's invited me to a few things since, and he met my kids and they really get on. Scrote 2 is studying in London now and they hang out all the time, and LCD are building a new studio in Shoreditch, so they asked him to be a part of it all. He's not actually in the band but he's worked on a couple of remixes with them, they've given him keys. They keep messaging me about how sound he is. The other day I got a message to say it's mad about your lad's bird isn't it? I didn't know anything so I rang him up and it turns out he's started seeing the daughter of some oil billionaire and she's given him a four bedroom flat in the Barbican. She's fucking fit as fuck. He didn't want to say anything because it's too mad.

Anyways, yeah, Michael Edwards knows his shit
Edwards was involved in fitting your son up with that bird? The man's a genius.

I know right? Edwards. Fucking amazing. I went to London a couple of weeks ago and I knew Al wanted to go to this audiophile sushi bar so I took us all out, because I wanted to give him something. I mean I can't get him a physical gift because he's an actual rock star in two of the biggest bands on the planet, so I thought I can at least buy him a scran. He fucking paid for it when I went to the bog.

I know right? Edwards. Fucking amazing. I went to London a couple of weeks ago and I knew Al wanted to go to this audiophile sushi bar so I took us all out, because I wanted to give him something. I mean I can't get him a physical gift because he's an actual rock star in two of the biggest bands on the planet, so I thought I can at least buy him a scran. He fucking paid for it when I went to the bog.
[emoji23] FFS.

Haha Chinese style.

The promising thing is that he and Thiago sound like really clever, thoughtful players. We went a bit brain dead at times in the last third of last season, so a bit more canniness is welcome.
This is so right. We have been crying out for the thinking player just to ease the pressure on our normal style. The other great thing is that both Jotta and Thiago have quick feet and dribble.

Is that the lad I bought a scouse sunset for at the Marriott? He was sound. Oh and yeah Edwards run tings.

This seems like a very Klopp-like signing to me. Jota has all the raw materials but has never quite set the world on fire. Perhaps all he needs a big Klopp arm around him and suddenly he'll become a world-beater.

From what I've read on other forums people are a bit "meh" about the transfer. Personally, I really don't know if I should be excited about it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom