• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Oh Jota night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Untitled.jpg

I'm guessing the -5 xG lowered his value? Might be a moneyball kinda signing. :p

I am a fan of his. He makes stuff happen and is always on the move. We're clearly going for cheaper players and forgoing the resale value we normally prioritize. Covid has fucked us... but if it doesn't get better we're putting a natural wall at the end of our greatness unless we can churn out the yoof.

I think he's a good player, could be a decent signing for the right price. £12-15M .

Jota reminds me a bit of Maxi Rodriguez. Smart player - very clever at moving without the ball, and definitely has an eye for goal. 44 goals in 131 appearances is a very nice record.

I have two concerns though: he seems to play LW mostly, so I wonder where that leaves Minamino given that that's where Minamino seemed to be popping up at during pre season. Do we see Minamino as a central player then exclusively? As backup for Bobby or in a no. 10 in a 4-2-3-1?,Seems plausible, but let's see.

Second, if we want someone to spell Salah and Mane, I'd rather someone with frightening pace. It's one of the key components of our attacking threat. From that perspective, Sarr might make more sense.

Jota reminds me a bit of Maxi Rodriguez. Smart player - very clever at moving without the ball, and definitely has an eye for goal. 44 goals in 131 appearances is a very nice record.

I have two concerns though: he seems to play LW mostly, so I wonder where that leaves Minamino given that that's where Minamino seemed to be popping up at during pre season. Do we see Minamino as a central player then exclusively? As backup for Bobby or in a no. 10 in a 4-2-3-1?,Seems plausible, but let's see.

Second, if we want someone to spell Salah and Mane, I'd rather someone with frightening pace. It's one of the key components of our attacking threat. From that perspective, Sarr might make more sense.

I thought minamino was more central on pre season, or deeper?

I don't mind a change in style for the wingers. If pace isn't working with mane/Salah, I don't think bringing on more pace is necessarily the answer.

He's a player who finds the space and links up well. Can see him bringing the midfield more on to the game

I think it might be a Jamal Lewis situation. We asked about sarr, they said 40m, we said fuck off and potentially moved for jota instead
Could very well be..

But there was probably fuckwittery going on to drive down their asking price..

They didn't.. we got the Greek instead

Though tbf.. signing another African probably a risk given we will be fucked over player wise next time there is a African tournament

Not very pacey but is a threat and makes stuff happen - would be a good option down the middle and generally across the front 3. Only 23 too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom