• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Oldham, yo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coates, Robinson, Allen and Sterling were a disgrace to the Liverpool shirt today.

Who the fuck does Robinson think he is fucking Suarez off when he insanely went for goal when there was men better placed in the middle? Hows about you fuck off ya useless little twat.

I don't think all the players are to blame here - we came out rather cold, regrouped, got a fortitous boucne for a goal, and then were going to go in 1-1 (again, should have been 2-1 to us) and Jones fucks up royally. 2-1 and should be 2-2, and then a fucking great header and it's 3-1 ... It wasn't going to go our way unfortunately this game, despite Gerrard almost willing it to do so.

We really need a big time DM & CB (see, I've already added another player to our list) ... Strengthen our spine.

It's not just this game LTW, our defense produces errors with consistency, and that's our best defense. We've already got our second string goalie in, so I'm not sure why Rodgers put Coates in instead of Carragher. It's not like we were facing any fast technical play. Coates was embarrassing today, his attitude and his play.

I don't think all the players are to blame here - we came out rather cold, regrouped, got a fortitous boucne for a goal, and then were going to go in 1-1 (again, should have been 2-1 to us) and Jones fucks up royally. 2-1 and should be 2-2, and then a fucking great header and it's 3-1 ... It wasn't going to go our way unfortunately this game, despite Gerrard almost willing it to do so.

We really need a big time DM & CB (see, I've already added another player to our list) ... Strengthen our spine.

Yeah, not all of them no. The players who were defensively poor, and the ones who missed the sitters were to blame. In a nutshell.

In previous performances Robinson did look ready, so either he's regressed or that was as bad a performance as every other fecker on the pitch and wasn't the basis for slagging off young player rather than all the eleven.

I'm not angry and reaching for my pitchfork but I think Rodgers has to take the blame for this one - team selection.

---------------Jones
Wisdom Skrtel Coates Robinson
---------- Allen Henderson
-------Sterling Suarez Borini
---------------Sturridge

Who the fuck is Stirling?

Time to FIRE RODGERS. Let's hire Mourinho and then at we know the entertainment will be epic too

Its not about slagging off a young player. Its okay to have a shite game but bad behaviour and attitude isnt.

The fact is he shouldn't have been needed against this team of touts, drug smugglers, part timers and Peter Kay. The players that were put out there were good enough. If Gerrard got injured after 5 minutes - which was more than possible against that team of thugs and on that cabbage patch - we would all be saying he should have been benched. The blame lays with the players who didn't have an ounce of bottle or aggression between them there. Not the manager.

Lousy logic -if he could've got injured in five minutes it doesn't make MORE sense to fling him on when the ref decides anything goes, the pitch is worse and it's chaos. As for the failings of the other playerrs - is this the first time? No. So there's a problem there.

In previous performances Robinson did look ready, so either he's regressed or that was as bad a performance as every other fecker on the pitch and wasn't the basis for slagging off young player rather than all the eleven.

He looked terrible on both their goals because he was so badly caught out of position ... That is pure basics, and I think we have to fault the player.

People are slagging him off for that - but I don't think anyone wants rid bar Modo for him cursing out Suarez!

same thing with coates ...

Sorry for the i-told-you-so but i've been banging on about how shit Robinson is for ages.
He's lightweight, hopeless in the air, can't position himself properly and he's sloppy as fuck in possession. He'll never make it at Liverpool.

Lousy logic -if he could've got injured in five minutes it doesn't make more sense to fling him on when the ref decides anything goes, the pitch is worse and it's chaos.

You know what I mean. Point still stands. You're telling me this team of Jones, Wisdom, Skrtel, Coates, Robinson, Allen, Henderson, Suarez, Borini, Sturridge, Sterling was never good enough to beat Oldham and we needed Gerrard to start?

I understand your logic - play your best players and then take them off when the game is won - but that team up there was more than fucking good enough to beat that shite.

What we really need though is some steel and bollocks.
A player like Wanyama next to Allen/Gerrard would improve us greatly.

We get bullied to easily and Rodgers needs to sort that out in the next transfer window.

A gk, cb and dm is essential for the way forward to the top.

It's January. I expect this death by football thing to at least be showing SOME coherence by now- passing, patience, clarity of purpose. Nothing. Not a scrap.

You know what I mean. Point still stands. You're telling me this team of Jones, Wisdom, Skrtel, Coates, Robinson, Allen, Henderson, Suarez, Borini, Sturridge, Sterling was never good enough to beat Oldham and we needed Gerrard to start?

Yep.

I can't believe we lost to THAT Oldham team, trust me, the 11 they fielded were poor BY 1st DIVISION STANDARDS! Not one of them would have got in the brentford team that drew with Chelsea. Rodgers takes the blame, poor team selection.

LFC TV coming out with the 'foreign players don't understand the FA Cup ' bollocks.

I'm gonna phone up and say there is a bomb in the building.

It's January. I expect this death by football thing to at least be showing SOME coherence by now- passing, patience, clarity of purpose. Nothing. Not a scrap.

Yep. The thing is, when that fails as is possible on an off day or a shit pitch, we have no plan B. We have no aggression, other than Gerrard. We need some solidity in the middle. It sounds a bit outdated, but we need a hard bastard out there for when times are hard.

Bad behaviour???

Behaviour/attitude whatever you want to call it. That fuck off and not owning up to some horrendous decision making was not acceptable.

He's young and will have good/bad games but sort that other stuff out.

It was the same with Rafa. They never learn. Play these teams in these games and they're monsters driven by adrenaline in the game of their lives. Chuck an odds and sods team on and it can EASILY go to shit.

Reactions: Tal
It was the same with Rafa. They never learn. Play these teams in these games and they're monsters driven by adrenaline in the game of their lives. Chuck and odds and sods team on and it can EASILY go to shit.

It was a strong team.

The fact is he shouldn't have been needed against this team of touts, drug smugglers, part timers and Peter Kay. The players that were put out there were good enough. If Gerrard got injured after 5 minutes - which was more than possible against that team of thugs and on that cabbage patch - we would all be saying he should have been benched. The blame lays with the players who didn't have an ounce of bottle or aggression between them there. Not the manager.

Yes, but I think the error Rodgers made was in nor selecting Carragher at the back to marshal a young defence and probably Shelvey in mid instead of playing 4 forwards.

We win the midfield battle and marshal our defence properly and it's a win.

Instead we defend like dicks and leave the midfield groping around to assert themselves.

Rodgers mistake was then compounded by some piss-poor decision making and finishing in the attacking third.

I don't think anyone from Liverpool comes out with credit, but it's not just the players who should cop the blame for this debacle.

Ryan Tubridy in goal set the tone for the game.
Can't believe some want him as our first choice ahead of Reina.He's a walking disaster.
Gerrard is the only player who actually gave a shit today which in itself is fucking shameful.
Too lightweight and too many pussies in the team.

Yes, we've been awful of late. Only 2 teams in the league have picked up more points than us.
Its a shambles and we're clearly not progressing....

Come on mate, you're very wrong on this point

Behaviour/attitude whatever you want to call it. That fuck off and not owning up to some horrendous decision making was not acceptable.

He's young and will have good/bad games but sort that other stuff out.

It was a lousy decision but what do you expect him to do as to 'owning up'? Write some lines? It was in a match. You've been watching and not playing for too long by the sound of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom