• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Other Clubs Transfer Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan

The Prophet
Do we have one of these threads?

Anyway, Matic to United for 40M.

Weird one that. He's dawdled for 2 years until Kante came along to hold his hand.

And supposedly Pep wasnt even in Manchester today.

I believe nothing on twitter

Do we have one of these threads?

Anyway, Matic to United for 40M.

Weird one that. He's dawdled for 2 years until Kante came along to hold his hand.

I thought he was very good when Chelsea won the title in 14/15 before the whole team went into tank mode the following season.
Anyway, his replacement, Bakayoko (Monaco) -> Chelsea (35m).

Wonder how long De Boer will last at Palace.

Last edited:
Matic will free up Pogba a bit and with Herrera next to him, should be at the same level he was this past year.

Herrera-Matic
Pogba
Moratta

Pretty good spine that.

I thought he was very good when Chelsea won the title in 14/15 before the whole team went into tank mode the following season.
Anyway, his replacement, Bakayoko (Monaco) -> Chelsea (35m).

Wonder how long De Boer will last at Palace.

Good question. It'll be a very different job, at a very different size of club, from what he's been used to. Gonna be interesting.

Apparently he wants Palace to play like Ajax. Which will be a nice change. A sneaky punt on relegation might be in order.

Matic will free up Pogba a bit and with Herrera next to him, should be at the same level he was this past year.

Herrera-Matic
Pogba
Moratta

Pretty good spine that.

A move for Moratta seems to hinge on Utd letting DeGea go to Madrid according to the papers. I can't see Mourinho taking that deal, his team's are built on rock solid defensive units, losing the best keeper in the league to get a talented forward doesn't seem like the sort of thing he would do.

A move for Moratta seems to hinge on Utd letting DeGea go to Madrid according to the papers. I can't see Mourinho taking that deal, his team's are built on rock solid defensive units, losing the best keeper in the league to get a talented forward doesn't seem like the sort of thing he would do.
Morata for De Gea sounds like a great swap to me as a Liverpool supporter. Do it Mo.

Haven't seen much in terms of activity from either Spurs or Arsenal. Sounds like Danny Rose is on the way out at Spurs, also still seems like the possibility of Alexis leaving is likely. I wonder if Arsenal are expecting a substantial fee which is why they are in the market for Mbappe.

Haven't seen much in terms of activity from either Spurs or Arsenal. Sounds like Danny Rose is on the way out at Spurs, also still seems like the possibility of Alexis leaving is likely. I wonder if Arsenal are expecting a substantial fee which is why they are in the market for Mbappe.
Rose leaving ? That's pretty damn amazing if true. He's easily the best English LB in the PL. I'd have him all day every day at LFC. Even if he is a cunt (and we need more cunts).

He will have more money to spend at Palace, but he won't be expected to win the title like he was at Ajax.

Yeah, Townsend + Benteke for £40m probably cost more than his title winning sides at Ajax. That said, having spent almost £40m in the last transfer window (£14m - van Aanholt, £12.5m - Schlupp, £13m - Milivojevic), he might not have that much to spend for a start. Will also be the first time he'll have a bigger say in signings without having to work with/under DoF.

Apparently he wants Palace to play like Ajax. Which will be a nice change. A sneaky punt on relegation might be in order.

He moves to the PL and his idea is to play like Ajax?
Sounds a bit naive. A bit like a new boss at a company starting a lot of changes right away, before getting to know the organisation.

Sounds a bit naive. A bit like a new boss at a company starting a lot of changes right away, before getting to know the organisation.

Yes, after his team gets beaten by Burnley and West Brom by-passing Palace's woeful impression of total football he might reconsider. If he has sense.

How are Chelsea getting Bakayoko for 35M?

That seems awfully reasonable in the current market.

Yes, after his team gets beaten by Burnley and West Brom by-passing Palace's woeful impression of total football he might reconsider. If he has sense.
Is this his first foreign management gig? If so, he might still carry some of that Dutch arrogance with him. If so, bye bye pretty soon is my guess.

Is this his first foreign management gig? If so, he might still carry some of that Dutch arrogance with him. If so, bye bye pretty soon is my guess.

He went to Inter last season and lasted 3 months. They were a disorganization shitshow though so not sure how fair a reflection on him.

The strange thing is that I'd read that his Ajax teams weren't playing attractive football though they were successful. If I remember correctly, the Inter fans at the Forza Inter forums also felt the same about his Inter teams during his short tenure (minus the success, which is worse).

From a Guardian article in May this year:

[article]Many outsiders will assume Ajax have found their new team by simply and serenely doing what they always do – nurturing young talent – but that is not what happened. Many of the key players, such as the Colombian defender Davinson Sánchez and Moroccan midfielder Hakim Ziyech, arrived only this season.

More importantly, the new Bosz is not the same as the old boss. Under the previous manager, Frank de Boer, Ajax won four successive Dutch titles but, so devout was his attachment to his mentor Louis van Gaal’s principles of possession and patient buildup, the team sometimes took 20 minutes to manage a shot on goal.

The club’s recent history has also been tumultuous. In 2011, frustrated by years of mediocrity, Cruyff led a group of former players who forced out the old management. Unfortunately, this “Cruyff Revolution” followed the pattern of the French and Russian ones. With the old regime gone, the insurrectionists turned on each other and supporters of Cruyff battled those of Van Gaal.

Even by Dutch football standards, the dispute was bitter. Lawyers got involved, lifelong friendships were broken. In part the conflict centred on a personality clash – Cruyff and Van Gaal loathed each other – but there was also a philosophical issue going back to the time Cruyff and his coach Rinus Michels co-created total football in the early 70s.

Cruyff and Van Gaal both loved the spatially sophisticated attacking football on which the club’s reputation rests but there were crucial differences. Following Michels, Van Gaal put his faith more in systems and rigid application of tactics. Cruyff believed in giving the most talented players freedom within a looser tactical structure.

In 2011 Cruyff, who wanted top former players to run the club, triumphed but his followers soon fell out and his favourite, Wim Jonk, was eventually sacked by his former friends.[/article]

Link to full article: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/may/24/ajax-johan-cruyff-peter-bosz-europa-league

Delighted to hear Fabio Borini is having a medical at AC Milan. He is a player I always had a soft spot for, and wanted him to do well. He didn't score many goals for Liverpool, but he had a great attitude and I always felt there was a touch of class about him.
He hasn't scored many goals anywhere hes been , its something like 15 goals in the league over his past four or five seasons and yet he gets another decent move, thats now - Roma , liverpool, chelsea, sunderland and now AC Milan , the jammy bastard

Delighted to hear Fabio Borini is having a medical at AC Milan. He is a player I always had a soft spot for, and wanted him to do well. He didn't score many goals for Liverpool, but he had a great attitude and I always felt there was a touch of class about him.

He must have the greatest agent of all time, he's bollocks.

He must have the greatest agent of all time

True, though he did have to spend a few years in Sunderland.

I think the Prem was a bad move for him from the get go. He should've stayed in a slower league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom