• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Other forum meltdown watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manchester City are preparing a £450,000-a-week deal for Raheem Sterling in a bid to fend off interest from Real Madrid in the 24-year-old England forward

If he continue on in this trajectory, even if he doesnt get a raise for the rest of his career he would have earned 200 odd million by the time he is 34. And that's excluding bonuses and endorsements.

Manchester City are preparing a £450,000-a-week deal for Raheem Sterling in a bid to fend off interest from Real Madrid in the 24-year-old England forward

He's on 280 a week and signed a new 5yr deal about 6months ago. Sounds legit. Presume this has come from the daily fail or the s*n.

No activity tonight on other forums? It's a long season, best be prepared. Either stick to your own concerns or take the karma that comes your way.

In response to Klopps post match comments about United just defending

There's a blueprint to stopping Liverpool, and we demonstrated it today. Too often managers play right into Klopp's hands (like that mini-me who was in charge of Huddersfield) with an open, gung-ho approach and then get tanked. It's pure stupidity. It's easy then for Klopp to take the smiley magnanimous high road and come across as a good sport in front of the cameras.

Until he gets an opponent that doesn't play to his team's strengths. Then we see him for what he is: a bitter lunatic who cannot accept the result bit instead will come up with a thousand excuses whilst at the same time chewing the officials' ears off. But it's all allowed since he's such a lovable bloke and a passionate character.

Hope there are many more days like today for Liverpool so we can see more incessant Klopp moaning.

From the Klopp pov I get the frustration, for a 'big club' United have always seemed to set up like a little club fearing a game of football breaking out in recent years. But on the other hand why shouldn't they be allowed to do that?

Bitter lunatic though.... bet they wouldn't mind if he were their bitter lunatic

Nothing wrong with United's game plan. We should have expected it and been ready for it.

Jurgen should be frustrated with himself and his team selection. I think he has a right to moan about the ref today, but it's silly to send a jibe against United's style of play. Let us win a league title first, break the cycle, draw and all, and then you can send them all the jibes in the world about how a draw at OT isn't actually a bad thing. And you thank them for the point that helped win a title.

Then the jibe will carry some weight. Right now, it does come across as bitter frustration.

Klopp's post-match comments are bitter and petty, but they're also at least partly accurate and he's also angry and frustrated with the result and performance.

I don't mind a bit of emotion and fire

He talked about needing to play through the lines and picks a midfield incapable of doing that. The result is on Klopp.

Even a low on confidence and match practice trio of Ox, Keita and Lallana showed how inept our starting trio at that part of the game.

He talked about needing to play through the lines and picks a midfield incapable of doing that. The result is on Klopp.

Even a low on confidence and match practice trio of Ox, Keita and Lallana showed how inept our starting trio at that part of the game.

Do you think he still can carry on after that?

Tell me the midfield we've got that has shown the ability to consistently play through the lines. I look forward to hearing, because I thought I'd watched all our games.

Tell me the midfield we've got that has shown the ability to consistently play through the lines. I look forward to hearing, because I thought I'd watched all our games.

We have developed a different way to get through the lines. After many teams defended us with two deep lines of 4 (or even one with 5 and the other with 4) and we struggled to get through we have slightly changed the way of play to have attacking fullbacks helping us play around it. So to me it looks like we use the fullbacks to get through those lines, while the midfielders hardly moves into the box but rather hold their positions to keep pressure on the opposition if they manage to clear the ball.

Keita is a player who is very good at going through the lines, but he has not played much due to injuries. Gini can do it too. He is in superb form and a neat player. Maybe Ox can be such a player but he also is a player who need a lot of matches before he is firing on all cyinders.

We have developed a different way to get through the lines. After many teams defended us with two deep lines of 4 (or even one with 5 and the other with 4) and we struggled to get through we have slightly changed the way of play to have attacking fullbacks helping us play around it. So to me it looks like we use the fullbacks to get through those lines, while the midfielders hardly moves into the box but rather hold their positions to keep pressure on the opposition if they manage to clear the ball.

Keita is a player who is very good at going through the lines, but he has not played much due to injuries. Gini can do it too. He is in superb form and a neat player. Maybe Ox can be such a player but he also is a player who need a lot of matches before he is firing on all cyinders.

Gini is in superb form, but he doesn't do it for us consistently away from home.

Ox and Keita can be those players, I hope they come into form for games like this...

....is what we've all been saying since Coutinho left.

Shouldnt Golem saying that the ref was their MoM be the cause for an investigation?

Bluemoon's thread about "Do we need to break our salary cap" belongs on r/SelfawareWolves.

Heh heh, Blue Fume will LOVE this from ad trade rag Campaign today:

Man City calls on influencers to build hype for Champions League home games

Club is asking influencers to submit posts to show 'electrifying atmosphere'.

Manchester City are looking for influencers to attract new fans to their home Champions League fixtures against "relatively unknown teams" amid concerns that not enough "core supporters" will turn up. The Premier League champions have run an ad on influencer marketing platform Tribe, asking for posts to "get across the great atmosphere of the Etihad".

The brief opens by admitting that Man City’s Champions League draw "has given us three relatively unknown teams" in Dinamo Zagreb, Shakhtar Donetsk and Atalanta, meaning the club’s "core fans are less likely to attend"

Full article with pics
manchester-city-v-wolverhampton-wanderers-premier-league-5db01937657dacc8c4000003.jpg

Man City Post Advert Seeking Influencers to Promote Etihad's 'Great Atmosphere' (Yes, Really)

Manchester City, The Etihad and atmosphere: It's been a complicated relationship.

The Emptihad moniker is not for nothing, after all. This is especially true during midweek Champions League games.

Which is why, obviously, they needed to do something about it. That something, as shared by photographer Ami Ford on Twitter, was the decision to pay 'influencers' to essentially promote the (honest, guv!) 'great atmosphere' at the stadium.

https://twitter.com/amifordphoto/status/1186673033475493888

Man City are looking to pay influencers to promote their ‘great’ atmosphere at the Eithad
1f602.png
thought it couldn’t get any worse but they’re only looking for men too! Didn’t know girls couldn’t like football
1f917.png
embarrassing!

5:57 PM - Oct 22, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy

28 people are talking about this

The advertisement was placed on influencer marketing platform/job site TRIBE and reads: “The Champions League this year has given us 3 relatively unknown teams meaning our core fans are less likely to attend.

[Yeah, that's why. Anyway...]

“We identified students, young professionals and those new to Manchester who are our ideal audiences, however we can’t ignore core fans either as they still account for most ticket sales.

“We want to get across the great atmosphere of the Etihad through the use of influencers who can tell an authentic and genuine story of what it’s like to be at a game.”

Under the sub-heading 'content we'd love from you' it went on to say that 'Mancunians and/or Man City fans were desirable' but not, seemingly, mandatory. Which is nice and open-minded, I guess.

What wasn't so open-minded was their strictly male requirements... because why would you want a younger female fan to promote your brand, when you can have a 55-year-old man do it, AMIRITE?

process

As for that sweet sweet content they'd love, it should be 'fan-centric' and have an 'element of FOMO at its core'. *Deep breath*. It also 'needs to be high energy and compelling with attendance to the live event an essential focus'.

Luckily, it doesn't all have to come from the inside the ground, and in the last part of the brief they stress that it can be stuff like a 'group of mates singing and walking to the stadium together'. How wholesome. All subsequent posts must include the hashtag #notjustanyclub, because, well, why not rip off Marks & Spencer too.

This is MCFC... OK?

https://www.tiebreaker.com/largest-...r_LargestAthletes_v1_3009&utm_content=newnext

https://www.tips-and-tricks.co/life...aboola&utm_medium=native&utm_term=90min-90min

Did you see the way the players enter the stadium?It's dog shit, pretty much the same as WWF when I was a kid.

This is not exactly forum meltdown stuff but it's still a funny read I found regarding Sanchez on JOE. I guess it's a couple of months old but I laughed lots. Enjoy.

gettyimages-1046648294-1024x683.jpg
1 month ago
ALL HAIL ALEXIS SANCHEZ - THE SUPER-FRAUD WHO PLAYED MANCHESTER UNITED LIKE A PIANO
623 Shares
df2dda506a5be06779c89b7f7a7a2b1b.jpg

WAYNE FARRY
A level of shithousery to which we can all aspire

Alexis Sanchez has departed Manchester United for Inter Milan on a season-long loan and after 18 months at Old Trafford, the Chilean striker leaves behind a legacy like none the club has seen before.

Once one of the world's most lethal forward players, Sanchez was already something of a spent force by the time he decided to leave Arsenal for the riches of Manchester.
He knew his powers were on the wane - he wasn't quite as incisive, his touch wasn't the same, and his eye for a goal had deserted him - but he didn't let on, and went anyway.
GettyImages-459619392-1024x681.jpg

You can almost imagine it now. Sanchez gets the call from his agent: 'United want you.'
He almost drops his phone in disbelief, before rolling around on the floor laughing with Atom and Humber for an hour or so.

Time progresses, United's interest intensifies, and the follow-up call informing him that this is in fact a practical joke never materialises. This is actually happening.
The day of the medical arrives. Sanchez makes it through the security gates at Carrington, right through the fucking door - no alarm, no concern - like one of the characters from Ocean's Eleven whose name I can't remember.
He has his medical. The Manchester United medical team gives him the green light. Being the greatest and most talented fraud the world has ever seen is not a medical condition.
The he sits down in front of a piano and wows each and every one of us.
AS_1920x1080_231516698142195_large-1024x576.jpg

At the time the move is considered a coup for Manchester United by those either without eyes or those who haven't seen Sanchez play for close to a year. They have beaten off competition from rivals Manchester City for his signature, and have won the right to pay him a reported £400,000 a week in the process.
Imagine for a second just how smug Ed Woodward must have been at this time. He would've been beaming. You can imagine him stopping at every mirror he walked past just to look himself in the eye and say: 'You are the man, Ed. You're doing a really great job.'
He probably even treated himself to some champagne and enjoyed a steak and lobster dinner. As he was chewing mercilessly on the well done piece of meat, one can safely assume he was blissfully being unaware that he was about to fall victim to the worst fleecing that English football has seen in a long time.

Sanchez has been criticised for his commitment and his performances at the club, which is frankly ludicrous. At one point or another, we have all been in jobs we didn't like, wishing we were able to earn enormous sums of money for doing the bare minimum. Few of us - unless we're failsons of billionaires - ever actually achieve it.
GettyImages-1144876419-1024x683.jpg

But Sanchez did. Every single day he gave 110 percent to ensure that he did as little work as possible, and still earned close to £2 million a month. And he did it for 18 months. That's phenomenal by any metric we have.
While (some of) his teammates worked hard, he sat there, presumably with a smug grin on his face waiting for the gravy train to roll up to the station and kick him off.
But now, even that he has left the club, that hasn't happened. Yes, Sanchez is no longer playing for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side, having joined Inter Milan on loan, but he is very much still on the books.
Such is the enormity of Sanchez' wage packet that United were willing to let him go, while still paying 80 percent of his wages.
As he settles into life in Italy and as we look back at his time at the club, we should not scold him - whether we are neutral observers or concerned United fans.
We should praise him, for doing what each of us would given half a chance, for setting generations of his family up for life and for showing the entire football world just how delightfully stupid Manchester United have become.

According to the papers, Citeh have sacked off the media company who ran than ridiculous campaign. Embarrassing doesn't quite cover it.

"The champions league is almost an impossible achievement for us for the foreseeable future thanks to the corruption within UEFA the way our games are officiated and VAR scrutinising our every goal.
It's almost a complete waste of energy and we should focus purely on the premier league.
The champions league might be something to aim at once we've managed to lose the pantomime villain routine the broadcasting media paint us with.
Tracking back, 45 minutes ago"
https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/liverpool-thread-2019-20.340822/page-675

It`s impossible because European refs are wise to your shit.

WAH WAH WAH apparently kicking someone from behind isn’t a foul because the player just got in his way.

[article]So...jusf saw the Liverpool penalty.

Surely it was a foul on Aurier as he was in possession and about to clear the ball?

Or are there new rules in place?
[/article]

Hahahaha new rules in place. Yeah booting someone isn't allowed anymore, new change for this season.

On the subject of meltdowns, Arsenal Fan TV has been great viewing tonight. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, and I only watch Troopz and DT, but fuck me they're having a right meltdown over there. Surprised there wasn't riots at the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom