• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Other games - 20th-22nd Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t like when we seem to take the next game for granted or start calculating the points before the game is played. We’re due an unexpected fuck up and I wouldn’t be surprised if it happens against Swans, especially after spending so much emotional energy against Man City last week.

This would be very in character for us.

I don’t like when we seem to take the next game for granted or start calculating the points before the game is played. We’re due an unexpected fuck up and I wouldn’t be surprised if it happens against Swans, especially after spending so much emotional energy against Man City last week.

@rurikbird - I think if you took a poll - it would be 50/50 - with one side saying we will trash them, and the other side expecting a due fuck up - as this would be VERY in character for us as @darkstarexodus stated.

Yep I said as much earlier although you would hope with an 8 day break we would be ready to blow them away

@rurikbird - I think if you took a poll - it would be 50/50 - with one side saying we will trash them, and the other side expecting a due fuck up - as this would be VERY in character for us as @darkstarexodus stated.
Actually if you have been paying attention .. it would not be in character for this team at this moment in time ! However it's very much in character for 6CM to think that it will be.

Potentially 4th trophy in 5 years.

I wouldn't mind that crisis for us
Sounds great, but if we get in the CL this season & they don't (again) top players would still prefer to come play for us with CL footy & Klopp than Europa league, Wenger & London.

Those top players coming in will mean we can then regularly push for trophies.

I don't like it, but it's just a fact of modern football. To attract the best players you either need almost limitless cash or a
healthy financial package plus CL football.

The only way to build a side that can push for trophies each season & ensure they qualify for the CL without limitless cash is the way we are doing.

One is almost meaningless without the other for medium to long term success, despite our own desperation for a cup win.

The club have been, & are still, deferring short term gratification for the chance of long term gratification & a stronger overall side, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom