• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Other games - 20th-22nd Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saints 1 - 1 Spurs, nearly over. Saints have had 2 great chances to win. Hopefully they can hold on for a draw as that means a win for us tomorrow starts to expose that gap between 4th and 5th...

If there is any team we want to drop points, it is Spurs. If, as most pundits argue, we're in a bum-fight with Spurs and Arsenal for 4th then this is a great result.

That could easily soon be 10 if we can keep our form going. Spurs vs. United next (say 1-1) and then they come to Anfield.

Spurs next 3 league games are Utd at home, Liverpool away and Arsenal at home, with CL ties against Juve sandwiched in between.

We MUST beat Spurs. We owe them one too.

We MUST beat Spurs. We owe them one too.

One of the awesome aspects of Brendan's managerial reign was the regular thrashings we handed out to Spurs. I don't have any specific reason for additional animosity towards Spurs but somehow I enjoy their defeats a wee bit more than I should. Dunno why!!!

One of the awesome aspects of Brendan's managerial reign was the regular thrashings we handed out to Spurs. I don't have any specific reason for additional animosity towards Spurs but somehow I enjoy their defeats a wee bit more than I should. Dunno why!!!

Oh, I don't know where to start. I know some Spurs fans who have a particular thing with us, perhaps because they feel that on recent PL placings, they have developed a right to feel superior to us (in spite of the fact of the regular hidings we've given them). The Poch media love-in, where he has been feted as the second coming, and they have Dele Alli, who I'd like to be fed into a wood chipper. All this, and much, much more means I fucking LOVE beating Spurs.

Last edited:
Agreed - beat Spurs and I think we'll leave them & Arsenal fighting for 5th place.

This is the best result in the world for us today - hopefully we make it count further by winning tomorrow.

I remember in the 80s they'd turn up to Anfield singing Loads and Loadsa Money, we got loadsa money, and wave wads of blag 20s, then sing the highly original In Your Liverpool Slums. Couldn't believe it first time I went to White Hart Lane. What a fucking shithole. I've never drank Holsten since. Cunts. Every fucking one of them.

Oh, I don't know where to start. I know some Spurs fans who have a particular thing with us, perhaps because they feel that on recent PL placings, they have developed a right to feel superior to us (in spite of the fact of the regular hidings we've given them). The Poch media love-in, where he has been feted as the second coming, and they have Dele Alli, who I'd like to be fed into a wood chipper. All this, and much, much more means I fucking LOVE beating Spurs.

See, you have some rational causes for your animosity. I started following premier league football in 1996 and I felt like this towards them from the first game we played against them. It is not hatred also coz hatred in a way implies I place importance and respect towards them.

See, you have some rational causes for your animosity. I started following premier league football in 1996 and I felt like this towards them from the first game we played against them. It is not hatred also coz hatred in a way implies I place importance and respect towards them.

But your instincts are correct. You have a brain and a soul.

I declare a bum war

...Arse....

giphy.gif

...Holes!

I remember in the 80s they'd turn up to Anfield singing Loads and Loadsa Money, we got loadsa money, and wave wads of blag 20s, then sing the highly original In Your Liverpool Slums. Couldn't believe it first time I went to White Hart Lane. What a fucking shithole. I've never drank Holsten since. Cunts. Every fucking one of them.

Yes. I used to quite like them, in a 'the enemy of my enemy' sort of way in a London context, as I hate Arsenal and Chelski weren't relevant, but they're really horrible now. Dreadful people.

Great result for us.

Massive chance to create a little daylight between us and them and Arsenal.

Yup win the next 2 and we'll likely be looking at a 7 point gap. 5 just for winning tomorrow.

I'd prefer we focus on finished 2nd than look over our shoulder but with the CL knockout stages approaching, having a buffer to top four would be very nice.

Although there is a big chance the winner could end up being and English club which means 4th place will end up in the AFCON next year.

I'd prefer we focus on finished 2nd than look over our shoulder but with the CL knockout stages approaching, having a buffer to top four would be very nice.

Although there is a big chance the winner could end up being and English club which means 4th place will end up in the AFCON next year.
That’s only if the winner finishes outside the top 4 though.

I don’t like when we seem to take the next game for granted or start calculating the points before the game is played. We’re due an unexpected fuck up and I wouldn’t be surprised if it happens against Swans, especially after spending so much emotional energy against Man City last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom