• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Other Premier League games

Status
Not open for further replies.

binomial

In Klopp I'm a believer.
West Ham v Man City
Bournemouth v Sheffield Utd
Burnley v Southampton
Palace v Everton
Watford v Brighton
Spurs v Villa

West Ham XI: Fabianski Fredericks Diop Balbuena Cresswell Rice Wilshire Anderson Lanzini Antonio Haller
_
Man City XI: Ederson Walker Stones Laporte Zinchenko Rodri De Bruyne D.Silva Sterling Mahrez Jesus

Nice if City could drop a few points today. Bit early in the season to be thinking that way but fuck those guys.

West Ham XI: Fabianski Fredericks Diop Balbuena Cresswell Rice Wilshire Anderson Lanzini Antonio Haller
_
Man City XI: Ederson Walker Stones Laporte Zinchenko Rodri De Bruyne D.Silva Sterling Mahrez Jesus
That Man City starting eleven isn't as good as ours, am I just bias? Jesus, Mahrez and Rodri is a massive step down on Aguero, B Silva and Fernandinho, right? I fancy West Ham to give them a tough game today, maybe even take some points.

That Man City starting eleven isn't as good as ours, am I just bias? Jesus, Mahrez and Rodri is a massive step down on Aguero, B Silva and Fernandinho, right? I fancy West Ham to give them a tough game today, maybe even take some points.

You basing this on the two eleven's that started the season then?

Their midfield is miles better than ours and I rate Ederson over Alisson....and I'd rather have Raheem over Origi

Nice if City could drop a few points today. Bit early in the season to be thinking that way but fuck those guys.
It isn't. They dropped a couple of points early last season didn't they? So even with that they still got almost 100 points.

That suggests it's not too early at all.

Fuck. City 1-0 up.

You basing this on the two eleven's that started the season then?

Their midfield is miles better than ours and I rate Ederson over Alisson....and I'd rather have Raheem over Origi

Well their midfield does edge it with KDB and Silva, but I really don't rate this Rodri guy, Fabinho is leaps better than him. That keeper shout is laughable but whatever, and Sterling over Origi is obvious, but you should really compare Sterling to our best attacker as he's there's. We also have a much better defence, and on the attackers, Salah > Sterling, Firmino > Jesus, Origi < Mahrez.

Maybe football is a bit beyond this now but surely some sides are tempted to mess with the pitch to stop city playing around at the back. It's sort of the foundation of their play.

A few bobbles around the edge of the box, the center of the 6 yard box and either side of the 18 yard box where the fullbacks stand could cause a mistake and inject that uncertainty they had early in guardiolas reign.

Even long / unwatered grass might help. It's maybe not an option if everyone wants to play around the back but maybe that's worth sacrificing against them.

Well their midfield does edge it with KDB and Silva, but I really don't rate this Rodri guy, Fabinho is leaps better than him. That keeper shout is laughable but whatever, and Sterling over Origi is obvious, but you should really compare Sterling to our best attacker as he's there's. We also have a much better defence, and on the attackers, Salah > Sterling, Firmino > Jesus, Origi < Mahrez.

You can compare in any which way you want with the CB's and forwards, I just think Ederson doesn't mess about at the back as much as Alisson and we've seen the latter punished for it.. I also think Ederson's distribution is far superior.

Alisson < Ederson
Trent > Walker (not much in it)
Gomez > Stones (never rated Stones)
Van Dijk > Laporte (Best defender in the world v a top class defender)
Robbo > Zincheko easy choice
Fabinho = Rodri look like pretty similar players
Henderson < De Bruyne easy choice
Wijnaldum < David Silva easy choice
Origi < Mahrez/Sterling
Bobby > Jesus
Salah > Sterling/Mahrez

This Rodri guy. Seems to be a decent filler for Fernandinho. Almost as fowly

You can compare in any which way you want with the CB's and forwards, I just think Ederson doesn't mess about at the back as much as Alisson and we've seen the latter punished for it.. I also think Ederson's distribution is far superior.

Alisson < Ederson
Trent > Walker (not much in it)
Gomez > Stones (never rated Stones)
Van Dijk > Laporte (Best defender in the world v a top class defender)
Robbo > Zincheko easy choice
Fabinho = Rodri look like pretty similar players
Henderson < De Bruyne easy choice
Wijnaldum < David Silva easy choice
Origi < Mahrez/Sterling
Bobby > Jesus
Salah > Sterling/Mahrez
I just don't get how you can rate Edison over Alisson when he's second fiddle to him nationally, he conceded more goals last season, and he has an obsession with running out and pretending to be Pele, not saying he's not a quality keeper, Alisson is just better though.

Rodri though man, I'm not sure if you're underrating Fabinho or just assuming Rodri is good cos City signed him, give it a couple of weeks though and everyone will start to see he's a liability for City, or I'll look like an idiot, really don't rate him.

Anyway, this is all subjective I guess, the point of my original post was more just surprise at how much weaker that City team looked than I was expecting.

I just don't get how you can rate Edison over Alisson when he's second fiddle to him nationally, he conceded more goals last season, and he has an obsession with running out and pretending to be Pele, not saying he's not a quality keeper, Alisson is just better though.

Rodri though man, I'm not sure if you're underrating Fabinho or just assuming Rodri is good cos City signed him, give it a couple of weeks though and everyone will start to see he's a liability for City.

Anyway, this is all subjective I guess, the point of my original post was more just surprise at how much weaker that City team looked than I was expecting.

The same national side that picks Jesus over Bobby you mean? Can't take much from that then can you?

Like you say Alisson had a better defence in front of him.

But yes you're right both of us left key many players on the bench.

West Ham seems similar to Norwich last night-- good passing game and breaking forward. And, then, produces nothing.

Rodrigo is a cynical, sneaky dirty type of centre mid.
You can see why Pep bought him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom