• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pepe Reina speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
ReIna should be grateful aswell, or he'd be part of an Arsenal team right now thats going nowhere.

A great keeper and a very good professional but I doubt he will ever be a Liverpool hero, in my eyes at least.

[quote author=the count link=topic=44132.msg1410218#msg1410218 date=1318150549]
A great keeper and a very good professional but I doubt he will ever be a Liverpool hero, in my eyes at least.
[/quote]

he's already a hero for me, he just needs more silverware

its not like he's the first player to want a move from us when we were shite.

A certain captain tried to fuck off too

Reina said: “I spoke to Kenny and Charlie just before I left but we just congratulated each other on the victory over Everton.

“We didn’t speak too much about the international game. I’m sure they will want me to tell the players to go easy on Scotland but they know that won’t happen.

“We have to try to win. The Scots are fighting with the Czech Republic yet there is nothing we can do but play our best.

“The target is not to lose a single point in the group so even a draw wouldn’t be good for us.

“We have to be professional. Once Spain’s job is done then I would want Scotland to get second place but that would mean the Czechs have to lose to Lithuania. And that’s possible.

“Scotland and the Czech Republic are similar. Nowadays there isn’t much between international sides. Scotland were so unlucky not to beat them at Hampden which is why they’re left with a tough challenge.

“My preference would be for the Scots to go through because of Charlie, the manager, Steve Clarke and young Danny Wilson.

“Charlie will be crucial to Scotland in Alicante - he is one of the best players in their team.

“If they want to do something big then he holds the key.”

Adam caught Reina’s eye after beating plenty of Premiership keepers with his deadly set-pieces in a stunning season for Blackpool.

And the Spaniard is delighted the 25-year-old is now on his side.

He said: “It’s a case of so far, so good for Charlie at Liverpool. The team is improving all the time and Charlie is also getting better.

“I probably analysed him more than most before he signed because I knew how dangerous he is at free-kicks.

“He also has great deliveries and makes Hollywood passes.

“Charlie is a great player to have in the squad and he can become very important for us.

“Playing for Liverpool isn’t easy but Charlie is prepared for it. He has been at Rangers and has Champions League experience. He was also
Blackpool captain and that means he can handle responsibility.”

Reina is adamant Liverpool are on the way up under Scots legend Dalglish - but admits there’s still a long way to go.

He said: “We’ve had some good results and it’s easy to be optimistic but we have to look at the big picture and there are other teams above Liverpool.

“We have to accept that.
What a footballer wants above all else is to win, regardless of who the coach is. We used to fight to be among the top teams and to be in the Champions League.

“I want to aspire to win titles. Liverpool will always be a big club but we are not at the level of Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea or Arsenal. That’s the truth.”

[quote author=Binny link=topic=44132.msg1410224#msg1410224 date=1318154360]
“We have to accept that. [/b]What a footballer wants above all else is to win, regardless of who the coach is. We used to fight to be among the top teams and to be in the Champions League.

“I want to aspire to win titles. Liverpool will always be a big club but we are not at the level of Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea or Arsenal. That’s the truth.”
[/quote]
I reckon there is a good chance that he will be gone at the end of this season unless we have made a dramatic improvement in our league finishing position and seen as potential winners for the following season.

[quote author=gene hughes link=topic=44132.msg1410282#msg1410282 date=1318165437]
So he confirms he wanted to leave when things were going wrong, just like Torres.
[/quote]

That's exactly what I thought.

Never trust them Spaniards.

[quote author=gene hughes link=topic=44132.msg1410282#msg1410282 date=1318165437]
So he confirms he wanted to leave when things were going wrong, just like Torres.
[/quote]

And then stayed and renewed his contract the disloyal cunt.....

[quote author=Molbystwin link=topic=44132.msg1410289#msg1410289 date=1318166063]
[/quote]

And then stayed and renewed his contract the disloyal cunt.....
[/quote]except he hasn't renewed his contract
the one with the £20m buyout clause

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=44132.msg1410297#msg1410297 date=1318166793]
If there was a buyout clause then we couldn't have refused to sell him.
[/quote]unless the buyout price wasn't met

I can understand people's preparedness to forgive him and move one but the fact is, unless we finish well this season, Reina will be agitating for a move again. He's not a hero and he certainly shouldn't be captain.

[quote author=gene hughes link=topic=44132.msg1410302#msg1410302 date=1318168755]
I can understand people's preparedness to forgive him and move one but the fact is, unless we finish well this season, Reina will be agitating for a move again. He's not a hero and he certainly shouldn't be captain.[/quote]

You ok with Gerrard being captain considering he agitated for a move twice too?

Didn't Stevie offer his resignation as captain after his transfer saga?

FWIW I wouldn't have a problem with Pepe as captain and wouldn't question his desire to win while he is still with us.

as far as i'm concerned as long as a player plays well for us and gives his all consistently then i'll always appreciate him. Torres looked like he didn't give a shit so thats why he's a cunt, and its why i'm not completely arsed over mereiles as he tried until the last minute

[quote author=Fabio link=topic=44132.msg1410305#msg1410305 date=1318170803]
i say give the captaincy to lucas
[/quote]

To be honest, he's the only real candidate left ...

[quote author=Fabio link=topic=44132.msg1410312#msg1410312 date=1318171430]
as far as i'm concerned as long as a player plays well for us and gives his all consistently then i'll always appreciate him. Torres looked like he didn't give a shit so thats why he's a cunt, and its why i'm not completely arsed over mereiles as he tried until the last minute
[/quote]All fair enough Fabs and I agree with you.
I do appreciate that Pepe gives 100% when he plays for us and you cant ask for much more than that.
I am pretty much done with football heroes though Fabio.

Thanks for that Torres.

[quote author=the count link=topic=44132.msg1410319#msg1410319 date=1318172526]
[quote author=Fabio link=topic=44132.msg1410312#msg1410312 date=1318171430]
[/quote]All fair enough Fabs and I agree with you.
I do appreciate that Pepe gives 100% when he plays for us and you cant ask for much more than that.
I am pretty much done with football heroes though Fabio.

Thanks for that Torres.
[/quote]

see i love players as long as they try. When they don't it fucks me off. Torres had phoned it in for months andi was getting fed up with his pouty face.

Heroes for me are only heroes, when they don't rest on their accomplishments

I don't see there's any point losing sleep over whether Pepe Reina might leave the club at some stage. That applies to all the players on our books whom other clubs covet, e.g. Suarez. Footballers' contracts work out rather one sided, in that the player can hold the club to the contract, but it's very difficult for the club to hold the player to their contract because if they want to go, they can just opt to under-perform or stir up trouble.

[quote author=the count link=topic=44132.msg1410226#msg1410226 date=1318155309]
“We have to accept that. [/b]What a footballer wants above all else is to win, regardless of who the coach is. We used to fight to be among the top teams and to be in the Champions League.

Honestly - he just lost me. Pepe stop making these teams to be way above us. We're working on it, so stop making it harder for us all by claimimg we are less than. Or just move on. either way, not interested in yer gabbing..

I dont have a problem with him saying that, it's the truth.

I just want to know whether he wants to stay and help rebuild or whether he wants to leave.

Given that we're spending a lot of money now he's not going to move to teams like Arsenal or Valencia. If a top Italian side like Milan came calling then who knows.

[quote author=localny link=topic=44132.msg1410413#msg1410413 date=1318213912]
[quote author=the count link=topic=44132.msg1410226#msg1410226 date=1318155309]

Honestly - he just lost me. Pepe stop making these teams to be way above us. We're working on it, so stop making it harder for us all by claimimg we are less than. Or just move on. either way, not interested in yer gabbing..
[/quote]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom