• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Leeds (A) - Sun 16:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah maybe, then I could show you too so you know what it would feel like.

Now shut the fuck up.
ahhhhh.jpg

If so kinda explains why he's wasn't screaming in agony when it happened

At least not after it was put back in. I screamed like a baby when my knee was dislocated and was totally fine when put back it. Unfortunately, that took 2 hours in an emergency room - seems like Harvey had his back in place before he left the field.

Wouldn't that also go with multiple severe ligament damages?

My dislocated knee ligament damage was not severe, just stretched, and had tried to pop out again a couple of times. As long as they did not pull off the bone, could be not too bad.

I was back on the field in 3 months playing just as bad as I did before. Actually, a strong league. I lost a step (as was mostly terrified) for another 6 months.

Last edited:
I just have to say, Hendo came on and looked great.
Looking forward to seeing more of that midfield trio.

I think your confidence is misplaced - today we lost a midfield option in Harvey, I think it's completely fucked up Klopps plans for this half of the season, I feel like we just don't have enough options in midfield to do specific jobs - I worry if anything happens to Fab, and I don't think Henderson can do that role by himself and he himself is injury prone. Good show today - but really don't know where we go with all this, it just always feels like we are another injury away from fucking everything up.

I think your confidence is misplaced - today we lost a midfield option in Harvey, I think it's completely fucked up Klopps plans for this half of the season, I feel like we just don't have enough options in midfield to do specific jobs - I worry if anything happens to Fab, and I don't think Henderson can do that role by himself and he himself is injury prone. Good show today - but really don't know where we go with all this, it just always feels like we are another injury away from fucking everything up.
Listen, I like Harvey. Really talented kid. But he's just that, a kid. He hasn't got a goal or an assist to his name yet in the PL. What exactly are you expecting from him?
He'll be back this season. Fofana had a similar injury two months ago and is already running. So, it's not the end of the world.
We have other options in midfield and Hendo is not a bad option. Now I might get some shit for saying this, but neither is Keita.

Last edited:
Listen, I like Harvey. Really talented kid. But he's just that, a kid. He hasn't got a goal or an assist to his name yet in the PL. What are you exactly were you expecting of him?
He'll be back this season. Fofana had a similar injury a month ago and is already running. So, it's not the end of the world.
We have other options in midfield, and Hendo is not a bad option. Now I might get some shit for saying this but neither is Keita.
We didn’t start Henderson, Keita, Milner or Jones. We will be okay.

One of the best things about today was Adrian not making the bench. That tweet about him being in line to replace Ali was pure bollocks.

Listen, I like Harvey. Really talented kid. But he's just that, a kid. He hasn't got a goal or an assist to his name yet in the PL. What exactly are you expecting of him?
He'll be back this season. Fofana had a similar injury a month ago and is already running. So, it's not the end of the world.
We have other options in midfield and Hendo is not a bad option. Now I might get some shit for saying this, but neither is Keita.

Klopp is picking him because he has that ability to see the pass and from the evidence so far is making the right runs and has that youthful energy. We also have to make the assumption that because of what Klopp thinks of him - we were ready to let Shaq leave. Now we are short on fucking numbers in the creative midfield area - which I think he is. I am hoping Curtis will be involved in the next few games, and will up his game to show that he can be as effective and also show a bit more. However, we are short on numbers. As for Hendo and Keita - I just know a few hard tackles and maybe an attempt at a few sprints and something will break down. Just hope that they keep surprising us by being fit, like Matip has done thus far.

Klopp is picking him because he has that ability to see the pass and from the evidence so far is making the right runs and has that youthful energy. We also have to make the assumption that because of what Klopp thinks of him - we were ready to let Shaq leave. Now we are short on fucking numbers in the creative midfield area - which I think he is. I am hoping Curtis will be involved in the next few games, and will up his game to show that he can be as effective and also show a bit more. However, we are short on numbers. As for Hendo and Keita - I just know a few hard tackles and maybe an attempt at a few sprints and something will break down. Just hope that they keep surprising us by being fit, like Matip has done thus far.

Let's just see what happens and not start panicking yet. Harvey started against Chelsea and did nothing. In hindsight I would have rather seen Fabs, Thiago and Henderson in midfield.

Matip, Fabinho and Thiago were excellent today. Composed top quality performances.

Mané was worryingly bad despite the goal, he really looks like he's lost a step.

Thought Mane played like a cunt. Fucked up all his chances by shooting on sight when he could have played others in nearly every time

I thought the Reds were impressive. Some great passing and pressing. Three goals should have been five and it wouldn't have flattered us. Obviously our squad strength doesn't match that of City, Chelsea or Utd but our performance today will put them on notice that barring a bizarre injury list like last year we are going to be hard to beat.

Arise Curtis Jones and shut up all the naysayers.
I'm not a naysayer and would hate to see him leave but at the same time he needs to start justifying his place in the team. Different players develop at different times and I have seen enough in him to believe he will become a top player BUT I think Harvey Elliott has shown more in 3 or 4 games than Jones has in his 30+.

Elliot was instantly proactive in his first game this season; he's very aware of everything going on around him, he's constantly on his toes waiting to receive the ball or track back and tackle, he's not afraid to take players on and he seems to be playing with confidence and enjoying himself.

Jones has been more reactive and waits for things to happen before getting involved, he seems too eager to just keep rotating the possession (which is fine to a point as keeping possession has always been the LFC mantra) but he rarely tries something proactive; a switch of play, an energetic burst of pace towards the opposition goal (either with the ball to make space for the front 3 or without the ball to get on the end of a cross by Robbo or AA).

I'm hoping he'll get another chance soon and that he has been inspired (and jealous) of Harvey's impact and that he'll evolve into the player that I think he will become. To me, he still looks the same player (after 30 games) that he did after his first game i.e. no sign of progress yet. If we had signed a midfielder in the summer i might even have suggested loaning him out to someone like Leeds or Wolves as I think we would see the real Curtis Jones sooner that way.

My gut feeling is that he won't be ready to play regularly for the first team until next season but I think, when he is ready, he could be a very special player.

Just rewinding a bit here to the Fabinho goal - have the offside laws changed/do I not understand them correctly or something?

They had a defender on the line, and did a VAR check for offside. Surely it would have been impossible for there to be even a hint of offside, or am I missing something?

On another note, with the first goal, surely Mane was interfering with play? Salah scores, and is clearly onside, so that wasnt the issue. But Mane's literally in front of the keeper, between the centre backs. Surely he was "interfering" with play?

I have only seen the highlights but I also thought they were checking whether the Leeds defender was 'on the line' versus off the pitch. If he was off the pitch perhaps he wouldn't count as the last man?

The thing i saw in Harvey that is different from the rest of our midfielders is that he seemed to be able to find spaces on our right and make driving runs from midfield. It is a very useful to unsettle defences who does not know whether to move forward to close him down or just drop back. Matip made a similar run which resulted in our first goal.

On another note, with the first goal, surely Mane was interfering with play? Salah scores, and is clearly onside, so that wasnt the issue. But Mane's literally in front of the keeper, between the centre backs. Surely he was "interfering" with play?
No law against that. At corners opposition players do that all the time hoping to block off, or block the view, of the GK.

Yeah but Mane was offside and definitely interfering with play. anyways last time we went skiing my son dislocated his hip and as soon as the docs arrived they injected him with ketamine and morphine and then took him to a hospital where a massive nurse rolled round on him until it popped back into place. He was skiing again by the end of the week. Just a shame this is clearly a ligament issue.

I wonder if they jabbed Harvey full of the good stuff on the pitch too

Yeah but Mane was offside and definitely interfering with play. anyways last time we went skiing my son dislocated his hip and as soon as the docs arrived they injected him with ketamine and morphine and then took him to a hospital where a massive nurse rolled round on him until it popped back into place. He was skiing again by the end of the week. Just a shame this is clearly a ligament issue.

I wonder if they jabbed Harvey full of the good stuff on the pitch too
That would explain the smile and the wave !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom