• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Leeds (A) - Sun 16:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brizzle

Deposed match thread starter
Going a bit early on this one. A lot depends on some outcomes of injury news - Firmino, Milner, Minamino, Elliot. However I don't think that will give us many challenges for the line up. Robertson has looked sharp for Scotland, so the break for internationals has had some minor positives for us.

------------Alisson-------------
Trent--Matip--VVD--Robbo
-----------Fabinho-------------
-------Thiago-----Naby-------
Salah-----Jota-------Mane

I'm not sure what I think about a Fabs/Thiago/Hendo trio, and I like the approach Klopp is taking to have an attacker in CM, but I guess we'll see how that plays out away from home. I'd personally keep Naby in the team, he started the season well and I see his role down the left of midfield important for Robbo & Mane. Naturally, Elliot would take a role if fit.

Realistically, it will be Hendo in there especially on the back of contract news..

This is going to be a tough 1, a draw like last season would probably be a decent result although I think this will out we'll scrape a narrow win.

Team more or less picks itself.

Alisson Trent Matip Virgil Robbo Fab Hendo Thiago Salah Jota Mane

Well Naby lad isn't back yet and likely hasn't been training so I can't see him starting. Is Elliott injured? I imagine Klopp will go with Thiago anyway, better than Elliott / Naby defensively and the attacking way that Leeds play should suit Thiago looking for gaps to thread a ball though to the front three. Hendo is surely going to start.

Will Mane come inside with Jota pushed wide? It's a better position for Jota though neither are the world's best passer. I'm sure positions will be flexible anyway.

Trent--Matip--VVD--Robbo
-------Hendo-----Thiago------
Salah------Mane ----- Jota

[article]The six Premier League clubs who refused to release players for Brazil's World Cup qualifiers "need to be told" if they are suspended this weekend.

The players called up were Liverpool trio Alisson, Fabinho, and Roberto Firmino, Manchester City's Ederson and Gabriel Jesus, Chelsea defender Thiago Silva, Manchester United's Fred, Leeds forward Raphinha, and Everton striker Richarlison.
[/article]

Fuck off international football

[article]The six Premier League clubs who refused to release players for Brazil's World Cup qualifiers "need to be told" if they are suspended this weekend.

The players called up were Liverpool trio Alisson, Fabinho, and Roberto Firmino, Manchester City's Ederson and Gabriel Jesus, Chelsea defender Thiago Silva, Manchester United's Fred, Leeds forward Raphinha, and Everton striker Richarlison.
[/article]

Fuck off international football
Seeing how the Brazil Argentina game went I'd say the club was vindicated in its decision.

Are Brazil fucking idiots? They threatened to deport the Argentinian players that travelled from England. They don't have a fucking leg to stand on the cunts.

Are Brazil fucking idiots? They threatened to deport the Argentinian players that travelled from England. They don't have a fucking leg to stand on the cunts.
Cunts have no legs? You learn something new every day

Well Naby lad isn't back yet and likely hasn't been training so I can't see him starting. Is Elliott injured? I imagine Klopp will go with Thiago anyway, better than Elliott / Naby defensively and the attacking way that Leeds play should suit Thiago looking for gaps to thread a ball though to the front three. Hendo is surely going to start.

Will Mane come inside with Jota pushed wide? It's a better position for Jota though neither are the world's best passer. I'm sure positions will be flexible anyway.

Trent--Matip--VVD--Robbo
-------Hendo-----Thiago------

Naby is back today. He can play on Sunday.

Yeah, I see ECA is already on our side. We should just agree with the other clubs and the FA that its okay to play them. Fuck FIFA.

FIFA's actions here during a pandemic surely will cause an already strained relationships with the clubs to explode.

However. In case the club don't cause a ruckus (and the FA/PL don't back us) then we'll have to leave Ali, Fabs and Bobby out vs. Leeds (who'll have to leave out Raphinha).

So ...

------------Kelleher------------
Trent--Matip--VVD--Robbo
-----------Hendo-------------
-------Thiago----Naby------

I'm assuming Elliott isn't fit to start. In which case there's a conundrum (Naby still starts OR Elliott replaces him and we shift Thiago across).

On the FIFA ban :

It could also be argued that keeping players back and having them miss one game is far better than letting them leave and then spend 10 days isolating, after which they would need to catch up on fitness work.
However, with two more international breaks looming (October & November), the whole situation is unsatisfactory to say the least.
In theory, clubs could just ignore the rule - but that would mean them playing an ineligible player, which in itself could have huge ramifications.

Anyone know what the potentially 'huge ramifications' are?

it's absolute madness if Brazil and FIFA enforce this ban. The game in Brazil descended into a farce because of the UK based player. They would be destroying any goodwill they have with the clubs by pursuing this matter.

On the FIFA ban :

It could also be argued that keeping players back and having them miss one game is far better than letting them leave and then spend 10 days isolating, after which they would need to catch up on fitness work.
However, with two more international breaks looming (October & November), the whole situation is unsatisfactory to say the least.
In theory, clubs could just ignore the rule - but that would mean them playing an ineligible player, which in itself could have huge ramifications.

Anyone know what the potentially 'huge ramifications' are?

You can be banned from European competition I think, although nobody has ever done it so maybe just a bluff.

However. In case the club don't cause a ruckus (and the FA/PL don't back us) then we'll have to leave Ali, Fabs and Bobby out vs. Leeds (who'll have to leave out Raphinha).

So ...

------------Kelleher------------
Trent--Matip--VVD--Robbo
-----------Hendo-------------
-------Thiago----Naby------

I'm assuming Elliott isn't fit to start. In which case there's a conundrum (Naby still starts OR Elliott replaces him and we shift Thiago across).

Yep - i'd go for this too (with Jota central who is currently in much better form 'between the posts' scoring headers and from close range). Losing Fabinho against 'murderball' football is less than ideal, so this trio would need to be starting with great intensity and be sharp on the ball.

Will the FA really be on our side after the whole Super League debacle?

Its a shitshow no matter what. Such a petty move by the Brazilian FA after their game got abandoned after 5 mins.
Ridiculous.

Boris Johnson didnt agree to the players coming back without a 10 day quarantine, so he should get his fat ass into fighting mode against FIFA.

it's absolute madness if Brazil and FIFA enforce this ban. The game in Brazil descended into a farce because of the UK based player. They would be destroying any goodwill they have with the clubs by pursuing this matter.
It's seems it's not just PL clubs, they have gone after Russian and others too. Ditto 3 other SA countries demanding FIFA enforce bans on players that were not released by other clubs.

Fuck the FA, Fuck FIFA, Fuck the Brazilian CONEMOLWDKWDWOQUACKQUACK whatever the fuck they're called.

We're playing them this weekend end of.

From now on, every player called up for IB should just leave the UK, go to Brazil for a day, then come back and get themselves quarantined for the next ten days, until the IB is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom