• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Luton (a) - Sunday 16:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a squad that is the envy of the entire league right now, ballers up front, in the middle, at the back. Totally Klopps fault today.

We have gaps, which is normal.
A DM and a LB whom aren’t what we call top quality, better than Luton but we shall improve.

My best friend has been a Luton fan for 55 years (well ok maybe the first 5 he didn't know :) ). He's had a season ticket and watched their struggles over the last 40 years culminate in unexpectedly making the 'big time' this season. I was made up for him when Luton scraped into the PL. This afternoon I messaged him to wish him luck and his only wish was for them to avoid a battering. Hopefully he enjoys this one and there's more to come.

Thank fuck for Diaz!

This is why we keep losing the league by 1 point.

We won't be close enough to City for it to matter. We are a team in transition and it shows. Early part of the season we were playing average and somehow winning every game, now we are playing average and have 2 point from 9 on the road. Honestly think top 3 would be a very very good finish this year.

Watched 30 min highlights just now. Nunez played well imo. Just one of those days. Lots of decent efforts. On another day we hump them.
I thought Jota’s miss was very poor.

Yeah it’s klopps fault Nunez, Salah and Jota all missed chances to score.
Its Klopps fault for not using the spaces that Elliot occypied when he came on that were clearly not used foe the first 70 mins of the game. We were so damn narrow in much of the game and it was way too congested.

There is a lot to unpick in this one, but for me the key thing is a horrible combination of tactical indiscipline and too many players out of their natural position.

Tactical indiscipline
  • We played as narrow as I have ever seen us today, against an opposition who before this game had conceded 16 of their 18 goals down the right wing. We didn't adapt to the game, and had almost every player trying to clog the centre. All three CMs, both wide forwards (Jota on occasion pulled wide). Both full backs played like either a CB or a CM.
  • The Trent role - this is killing us at times. We were the best team on the planet when we had Trent charging down the right, hugging the touchline. I know he brings a lot to the middle - but we need that gap on the pitch filled. How many times did we have the opportunity to switch play and then not do it as no one was out there. It was so glaringly obvious. Our goal eventually came from Elliot exploiting the space on this side.
  • When we did have the ball in the final third, we rarely looked to make clever and patient passes. Were the team told to shoot on sight? We made it easy for their GK to rack up some saves.
Out of position
  • Gomez at LB was actually possibly a good thing defensively, as their right winger killed us in the end (after Joe had been subbed), but his lack of confidence and prowess in that role left a gap on the left flank when we were on the ball. Combine this with no one on the right flank, and we were in a bad place.
  • Mac Allister at DM - we are still trying to make this a thing, and it continues not to be a thing. He isn't a great tackler, hence his suspension for yellows. We got killed time and time again on the transition. We have a DM in the team, he might not be a household name (in Europe) but he is a DM and I think it is time to start fixing the balance of our team.
  • Gakpo - we brought him on a left wing, and this killed any mild shape Jota was helping us get out wide. This sub was dire - nothing against Gakpo, just not in that role. Diaz changed the game mostly by playing in the action position he is meant to (tactical discipline!)

What a complete embarrassment. This game stunk of 'throwing 11 good players onto a pitch and hoping they find a way to win'.

How many more games do we need to watch our midfield drift without purpose, including Trent getting all up in it (which arguably isn't needed if we have Mac, Gravy & Szobo all there, and capable ball players). I miss having the world's best right back destroying other teams down that wing for fun. If we'd have played a clever shape here it was an easy win.

We won't be close enough to City for it to matter. We are a team in transition and it shows. Early part of the season we were playing average and somehow winning every game, now we are playing average and have 2 point from 9 on the road. Honestly think top 3 would be a very very good finish this year.

But you don know that. Who's to say we don't go on a mad run, like every other time we challenged.

First half of the season should be treated like the second half of the season. We rarely ever do this

We were never beating City to the title this season anyway.

Good reality check.

Salah was shite, bringing his incredible run to an end.
Shame everyone else was too.

With his drop off in form I would not be surprised to see Salah sold in The January window,
That or a significant drop in the money offered for him come the summer

Selling the player that just about set a new record for goal and assist contributions in concecutive games. Yeah, that makes sense…

With his drop off in form I would not be surprised to see Salah sold in The January window,
That or a significant drop in the money offered for him come the summer

He's scored 10 goals in 15 games.
He is our top scorer, and second top scorer in the Premier League.

We had a shit result yesterday, but generally we are doing fine.

I don't think selling our most productive forward would improve matters.

The problem yesterday for Salah was that we played almost exclusively down the middle or the left - against a team who concede all of their goals down the right. We have the best right winger in the league (and the best right back) but decided not to over index on this lethal combo.

You can't really blame the players in those roles for that. We blew it.

He's scored 10 goals in 15 games.
He is our top scorer, and second top scorer in the Premier League.

We had a shit result yesterday, but generally we are doing fine.

I don't think selling our most productive forward would improve matters.

All of this my be true, but what is also true is his from,and the way he has been playing (shoots on target,his first touch, and his pace and speed) These has all but disappeared from his game over the last three games.

It is there for all to see,If you want to notice it

The problem yesterday for Salah was that we played almost exclusively down the middle or the left - against a team who concede all of their goals down the right. We have the best right winger in the league (and the best right back) but decided not to over index on this lethal combo.

You can't really blame the players in those roles for that. We blew it.

But what for the two games before that?

Kenilworth Road is just one of those grounds we don't seem to play well at. I don't recall any batterings.

Those calling for a battering were deluding themselves.

It was a potential banana skin and we slipped on it.

Onto the next one.

Kenilworth Road is just one of those grounds we don't seem to play well at. I don't recall any batterings.

Those calling for a battering were deluding themselves.

It was a potential banana skin and we slipped on it.

Onto the next one.
When was the last time we played there? 15 years ago?

Easy to say that now isn’t it when in reality we had enough chances to score about 5. They’re arguably the worst side in the league whether they’ve been heavily beat or not and they were utter shit yesterday too.

I think I want to see Dreamie and Donavan go toe-to-toe in a fight to the death over Mo.

Full Anakin v Obi Wan 1.0, with the loser getting dismembered and burnt alive and the winner being sent to live out his days in a warm, desert like place filled full of savage sand far, far away… (oh wait!!!!!).

It might even be more of a Fight Club thing… not wanting to spoil it for anyone… but… there’s a twist.

When was the last time we played there? 15 years ago?

Easy to say that now isn’t it when in reality we had enough chances to score about 5. They’re arguably the worst side in the league whether they’ve been heavily beat or not and they were utter shit yesterday too.

I think I read somewhere we won our last 4 games there stretching back to 1985.

I presume that’s when they got rid of the plastic pitch that we were shite on.

They still had the plastic pitch until the early 90s. We didn't usually do very well there I don't think. Definitely lost a few, but there were also a few nil nil draws.

We've had mixed results there to say the least. And I don't think we've ever won by more than 2 goals at Luton.

But yeah. Obviously Football was invented in 1992 and we should have battered them.

Copyright Binomal.

Doesn’t matter what year football was invented just like it doesn’t matter what our last results there have been since it was over 15 fucking years ago we last played there.

The notion we’re not allowed to dish out a beating on these cunts because we may or may not have done before is baffling to say the least.

Our trajectory is up, theirs is down. We’re a free scoring free chance creating team, of course I’m gonna back us to thrash utter shite
and surprise surprise I’ll do so again when they come to Anfield.

Doesn’t matter what year football was invented just like it doesn’t matter what our last results there have been since it was over 15 fucking years ago we last played there.

The notion we’re not allowed to dish out a beating on these cunts because we may or may not have done before is baffling to say the least.

Our trajectory is up, theirs is down. We’re a free scoring free chance creating team, of course I’m gonna back us to thrash utter shite
and surprise surprise I’ll do so again when they come to Anfield.

R U ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom