• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Luton (a) - Sunday 16:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a feeling we might fuck-up, just like last season after thrashing 7-0 of Man U we lost to relegation fodder, Bournemouth 1-0. Luton did their homework, and the players should have known the highline would have had left us exposed.
Anyway, results like this give the player and manager as kick-up the backside. Hopefully the complacency stops now.

I had a feeling we might fuck-up, just like last season after thrashing 7-0 of Man U we lost to relegation fodder, Bournemouth 1-0. Luton did their homework, and the players should have known the highline would have had left us exposed.
Anyway, results like this give the player and manager as kick-up the backside. Hopefully the complacency stops now.

I'm not convinced we were complacent, as we looked to be playing with energy. I think we were naive and predictable. No patient build up, no stretching the play, no intricate passing. Lots of long balls, attempted balls in behind, crosses from deep and long shots.

Untitled.jpg

I'm not convinced we were complacent, as we looked to be playing with energy. I think we were naive and predictable. No patient build up, no stretching the play, no intricate passing. Lots of long balls, attempted balls in behind, crosses from deep and long shots.
I thought it was complacent and then it became desperate. That goal Luton scored, all 10 men above the half way line, I felt that was definitely complacency and sloppiness.
I am not worried because we have played better, and every team has shockers. Man City lost to Wolves

We were never beating City to the title this season anyway.

Good reality check.

Salah was shite, bringing his incredible run to an end.
Shame everyone else was too.

We're a handful of points off the pace. There's a lot of the season still left. C'mon now!

Do you approve of the new avatar Stevie?

Yes - it’s a world class avatar and I’m sure there’s no other avatar you’d rather have.

I can’t remember what your old one looked like.

It’s very colourful.

Absolutely no way, you made your bed now you lie on it. You are the loon debater in chief and you cannot pass that on to anyone else

I’d rather talk to one of those bats that keeps breaking into your house - get more sense out of it.

Yes - it’s a world class avatar and I’m sure there’s no other avatar you’d rather have.

I can’t remember what your old one looked like.

It’s very colourful.
I'm glad, I had a few others in mind....all of Darwin but I went with the most artistic.

It was a green background of Matip sat in a chair with his legs folded balancing a football on his index finger.

The way I look at it - is we we would have lost this game last season and left with zero points - but luckily we salvaged something. I am cool - we are still in the race, and it's not February yet.

Let’s take it as a wake up call all round that there can be no complacency at all.

I’m sure the coaching staff will be drilling that into them - but we also need to be able to vary our tactics more and create width our all teams are just going to go narrow.

But you don know that. Who's to say we don't go on a mad run, like every other time we challenged.

First half of the season should be treated like the second half of the season. We rarely ever do this
Except the year we won it at a canter.

With his drop off in form I would not be surprised to see Salah sold in The January window,
That or a significant drop in the money offered for him come the summer
What the fuck are you talking about? One game? Where he’d still have assisted the opener if Darwin didn’t miss from 2 yards.
He’s output has been outstanding.

You mean the season where we took the first half of the season seriously? Like the point I was making?
I think we always do its just hard to maintain that level of focus, intensity and consistency. That season was a freak show and that team 100% believed they could topple City. This one does not, yet!

I think we always do its just hard to maintain that level of focus, intensity and consistency. That season was a freak show and that team 100% believed they could topple City. This one does not, yet!

That season we managed to beat city because we started well and took advantage of city dropping points early in the season, as they tend to. Then the belief built from that.

If we didn't drop points against weaker sides in the first half of the season when we finished on 99, or 98 or whatever we would have won the league. It's these type of games that are more important than the big games against city/arsenal etc.

Every time I look at the table I get more and more upset - we should be level on points (if not ahead) with City. Just by virtue of VAR not being a cunt at Spurs and winning at Luton as we damn well should have done.

Last edited:
That season we managed to beat city because we started well and took advantage of city dropping points early in the season, as they tend to. Then the belief built from that.

If we didn't drop points against weaker sides in the first half of the season when we finished on 99, or 98 or whatever we would have won the league. It's these type of games that are more important than the big games against city/arsenal etc.
But it’s virtually impossible to do. Even the year we did it we got lucky in a lot of games. I think we have arguably over achieved already this season.

But it’s virtually impossible to do. Even the year we did it we got lucky in a lot of games. I think we have arguably over achieved already this season.
Luck i agree with, but i'm in the "you make your own luck" camp. We deserved nothing at the weekend and the fact klopp said similar due to our lack of press highlights that. The lack of basics in a klopp side means we deserved little to nothing.

I don't believe we're overachieving so far this season, as we have comfortably been better than most of the opposition. Against luton we clearly believed we just had to turn up, and that arrogance has happened a fair few times for this team over the last 5 years.

What the fuck are you talking about? One game? Where he’d still have assisted the opener if Darwin didn’t miss from 2 yards.
He’s output has been outstanding.

But it has not just been one game though. He as been poor in the two games prior to that,or do they not count because we won..?
Well, what I was saying was that If this run of poor form from the last three matches continues we have the option to sell in January

Luck i agree with, but i'm in the "you make your own luck" camp. We deserved nothing at the weekend and the fact klopp said similar due to our lack of press highlights that. The lack of basics in a klopp side means we deserved little to nothing.

I don't believe we're overachieving so far this season, as we have comfortably been better than most of the opposition. Against luton we clearly believed we just had to turn up, and that arrogance has happened a fair few times for this team over the last 5 years.
I think it happens to every team in every league. City generally drop points for the same reason.

But it has not just been one game though. He as been poor in the two games prior to that,or do they not count because we won..?
Well, what I was saying was that If this run of poor form from the last three matches continues we have the option to sell in January
You mean the games he scored goals in? Your definition of poor is somewhat different to mine. Last player I would be selling in Jan is Salah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom