• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Luton (a) - Sunday 16:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brizzle

Deposed match thread starter
Team picks itself for me

Alisson

Trent
Konate
Virgil
Tsimikas

Mac Allister
Gravy
Szobo

Salah
Nunez
Jota

Saw a stat that said Luton have conceded 20 goals, 2 penalties and 18 down their left side.. Could be a fun one for Mo & Trent

I’d say 8 of the 11 are more or less guarenteed then it’s a toss up between Ibou/Matip, Jota/Gakpo and Jones/Grav.

To keep the rotation going, I’d go for Ibou, Jota and Grav but wouldn’t be surprised to see any of the other 3.

Last edited:
Curtis is back for this one, and Szobo has played too many games lately so I think he will go with a midfield trio of :

Curtis-Mac-Gravy

Szob comes on as a a sub later maybe.

Yeah, I think thats the team. Jones might get the game against Toulouse as well first to get his rhythm back before he starts in the league.

Team picks itself for me

Alisson

Trent
Konate
Virgil
Tsimikas

Mac Allister
Gravy
Szobo

Salah
Nunez
Jota

Saw a stat that said Luton have conceded 20 goals, 2 penalties and 18 down their left side.. Could be a fun one for Mo & Trent

Cant argue with that given the minutes people played yesterday.

Ali
Trent - Ibou - Virg - Tsimikas
Slobbers - Mac A - Gravy
Mo - Nunez - Jota

That means for Europa League next week we can start with :
Irish Kev
JoGo - Joel - QAnon - Scanpan
Harvey - Endo - Curtis
Doak - Gakpo - Diaz (if ready)

that works - everyone’s getting game time.

Szobo could run an Ironman the day before and still come out fresh as a daisy for the match. He'll start.

We are playing Luton - think they are really poor at this moment, think Klopp won't treat it like a deadly PL game.

We could literally beat these with 7 men if we wanted.

Ok that maybe a little harsh on Luton, 6.

Yep - the team picks itself. Hopefully, the game is out of sight by HT and we can rest a few legs and avoid injuries.

Luton are beyond shit.

Cant argue with that given the minutes people played yesterday.

Ali
Trent - Ibou - Virg - Tsimikas
Slobbers - Mac A - Gravy
Mo - Nunez - Jota

That means for Europa League next week we can start with :
Irish Kev
JoGo - Joel - QAnon - Scanpan
Harvey - Endo - Curtis
Doak - Gakpo - Diaz (if ready)

that works - everyone’s getting game time.

Swap Gravenberch for Jones and I'm with you

Swap Gravenberch for Jones and I'm with you

Yeah - you could flip a coin for that LM role - I went for Gravy because he played less in the league cup - but Nnonussuecwith Jones playing.

Klopp:
Luis Díaz has returned to team training. 'Yesterday, he was part of the session. When he's with the boys, he was fine, but you can see he didn't sleep a lot. We have to see how he is and go from there. Anything that gives us a little bit of hope is good; we are waiting for good news. It's all about him, if he makes himself available or not.'

Thiago expected back at the start of the new year. Klopp didnt specify which year though...

Won't get to see this one as am flying on Sunday. Don't let those hatters win in my absence. :shame:

Won't get to see this one as am flying on Sunday. Don't let those hatters win in my absence. :shame:
If Luton manage by some unforeseen miracle to beat us, we may aswell pack it in and call it a season. Going anywhere nice?

Jones will have to win/earn a starting position back.
Yep, and he’s not going to do that with average performances like the one against Bournemouth.

If Luton manage by some unforeseen miracle to beat us, we may aswell pack it in and call it a season. Going anywhere nice?

Yep, and he’s not going to do that with average performances like the one against Bournemouth.
Tenerife, 2 weeks of seafood, wine & scuba diving.
Not necessarily in that order.

Based on the training video it looks like Gravy is starting
Edit: Seems like more players were missing. Szobo, Matip and Jones didn't take part in the practice match either. Probably rested.

Last edited:
Based on the training video it looks like Gravy is starting
Edit: Seems like more players were missing. Szobo, Matip and Jones didn't take part in the practice match either. Probably rested.

You don't think Jones will play then ? - that is proper shit news if that's the case.

Not sure he will, he's been out for three games. Needs to win his place back I think.
Win his place back ? - you are having a laugh right ? - he's still our best midfielder and retains the ball better than any of the other midfielders we have.

Final prediction is we're gonna go bat shit crazy on these hapless cunts.

0-6 win.

Nunez x2
Mo
Jota
Szobo x2

Final prediction is we're gonna go bat shit crazy on these hapless cunts.

0-6 win.

Nunez x2
Mo
Jota
Szobo x2

I am going to double that - I think we do them 0-12 max, hopefully we set a new away record win against another side in the PL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom