• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Sheffield United (A) - Wed - 19:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trent was good last night. Not our best player but not our worst either. Great set piece delivery and decent control defensively.
Endo was good and Konate was excellent even though he had som bumpy spells.
He actually won 20 duels last night which was some kind of record for duels won in one game.
Szobo looked more like his old self as well.

Was always going to be a tough game with a new manager and I thought that awful ref let them play a bit to hard but that wasnt surprising.

The new set piece set up:

GAs6P2vWkAABfie

Moany fuckers...

That was a lot better than the jammy 1-0 we poxed out of that shithole the year we won the league.

Can't always be poetry, and we weren't nearly as bad as many are claiming. 2 of 3 banana skins negotiated, I'm feckin' delighted.

It was fine, at this time of year you get shitty weather at shitty grounds, games coming thick and fast, injuries setting in and players just desperately trying to get through games. It was one of those games and we won 2-0. Job done. Macca got a knock, to add to the list of Matip, Allison and Jota, this is where we are at in December, it's a tough month to come through unscathed, so just going out there and getting the result and saving the Adrenalin filled performances for the bigger games is enough.

Salah got bad ratings but he wasn't far away from a screamer of a goal and generally he massively helped us by holding up the ball well when we really needed it and tracking back well where he could, everyone dug in and that's what you need in these games. We're going to struggle playing Konate and Gomez every game though and hoping they don't get injured, because they will and then we are back to where we worried about being in the Summer.

Gomez was a bit better in the second half, but he was really bad in the first half. Losing the ball trying to dribble the attacker as the last man is just insanely stupid. We need Robbo back. Although Tsimikas has been good of late and needs to start against Palace.

Thought Szbo again gave away the ball on defensive third little easily but was giving it all for 96 mins.The system currently is a bit too fluid and chaotic, however inifintely prefer this over the no energy performances this time last year.

Thought Szbo again gave away the ball on defensive third little easily but was giving it all for 96 mins.The system currently is a bit too fluid and chaotic, however inifintely prefer this over the no energy performances this time last year.

When he came in it was the worry that a lot of his followers highlighted, that he would take time to adjust and would probably be knocked off the ball and give the ball away due to not being used to the league. It's not been nearly as bad as predicted, but there will inevitably be some lapses. The main thing is, he's a workhorse and understands you have to give your all for 90 minutes, so I can take the odd blip and the current slight dip in form, he's seamlessly slotted in otherwise so an inevitable slightly bad spell was always on the cards.

Agree about the system though. In one sense we have too many midfielders, in another we don't have the right balance of midfielders without repeatedly leaving a really talented player out the line up. When you add Trent into that midfield mix it's even harder to decipher. It's a good headache to have, but a bit more defensive balance would be nice and we'd love to have this issue at centre back and right back.

I understand the use of Gomez too, Tsimikas needs resting here and there as he'll be the only viable left back available for the big games when they come, so Gomez is fine for these sort of games, despite his mad moment in the first half. He by and large played well and is a lot more technically gifted than people give him credit for.

I understand the use of Gomez too, Tsimikas needs resting here and there as he'll be the only viable left back available for the big games when they come, so Gomez is fine for these sort of games, despite his mad moment in the first half. He by and large played well and is a lot more technically gifted than people give him credit for.

Gomez just makes too many mistakes. For someone so talented and is obviously a good player, I can't wrap my head around it. I read he is a pretty laid back character, maybe he gets a little too comfortable during games and zones out? Not a clue what goes on in his head but if he can cut out his mistakes he can certainly be a mainstay in the first team.

I guess the news of Matip’s injury has something to do with it - Jurgen was really not in the mood for joking about how intense our schedule is.
Exactly, Matip is also one of Klopp's favourite players ( German connection etc). So yeah, Klopp was very disappointed.

He did make a couple of blunders, but also had a few shitty decisions given against. I like him, but he does have an error or two a game at the moment.
Floundering at speed was how I'd refer to his performance at times!

Presser

Starts at 5:37

"Alisson is good, but good enough for tomorrow I don't know I'll have to check"
"Macca doesn't look good .... if you are out for 5 days you miss 12 games (lol) .... I don't expect him to be ready for tomorrow but I don't know about Thursday or Sunday after that"
On Joel (6:40) "I'm pretty sure the club will show their class", "He will get all the support he needs from the club" on a new contract "I would say so but I cannot say. I can't sign the papers"
On do we need to get cover for Matt (17:00): "I always am surprised by this as if it was the easiest thing in the world, so like just bring in a player, to just find the money for it as if we have endless money" .... "There are still four centre halves" ... "I don't know but I don't think so to be honest"

Last edited:
He did make a couple of blunders, but also had a few shitty decisions given against. I like him, but he does have an error or two a game at the moment.
And, Virgil aside, name a CB who doesn't.
Sometimes people (not pointing fingers!) think that a player should be perfect and an (unpunished) mistake means they are a liability.
Those stats above are sensational yet most people just point to the one or two errors he made. To some extent he's unappreciated on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom