• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Sheffield United (A) - Wed - 19:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brizzle

Deposed match thread starter
Lovely weekday evening game in the winter against a team who just got decimated at the weekend.

Our boys ran their legs into the ground yesterday, but let's hope we continue the intensity into this. None of the front three were subbed off so hard to predict whether we'll make any changes up top. I would actually love to see us try a midfield similar to the one we ended with - see below

Kelleher

Gomez
Konate
Virgil
Tsimikas

Endo
Trent
Szob / Alexis / Gravy

Salah
Nunez
Diaz

Gakpo was excellent when he came on yesterday (in my opinion), making great runs both on and off the ball. I'd like to keep him as an impact sub again if we need.

Big big game. We got lucky today, this is kind of game where we really see where this squad is at.

Diaz did absolutely nothing last game to stake a claim on starting. At least Nunez got in positions and linked up well. He's clearly low on confidence so just needs one to get a glut.

For me same as modos team but with Nunez starting on the left to drift in, gakpo as the false 9

Now, I'd quite like to try the double pivot of Trent and endo like brizzle, but don't have confidence in the depth of our back line.

If we can't beat these then sack off the season and liquidate the club.

Kelleher Gomez Konate Virgil Kostas Trent Endo Szobo Jones Salah Nunez

Line up will be harder to predict given this is a midweek fixture and will likely see a fair few being rotated but we really need to get the balance right and stop all this nonsense of vacating positions for team to exploit.

..........Kelleher

Trent Ibou VVD Tsimikas

.........Endo
Szobo - Mac Allister

Salah Gakpo Nunez

My Nan is available to play in nets - let me know. She's out of contract, just need to get her registered by lunchtime tomorrow.

Does she need an overseas spot, cos that would be a deal breaker

...anyone remember the dim and distant past (Pre August 2023 AD) when we hardly ever got a goal from any of our midfielders.
The front 3 owe us now, so I'd freshen up the front line even possibility leave Mo on the bench for the 1st half.

Ripe to have barn-storming performance against us, then?
Yeah probably, Wednesday will be the last goal he scores in the Prem won’t it?

We really need to ramp it up from the start and all that comes down to attitude and desire….too often this season our first half displays have been left a lot to be desired. Get 2-3 goals in the first half hour then we got knock it about whilst standing still all we like.

Konate is the right choice for this lot anyway so all good.

We’ll murder them 0-5

They’ve just sacked their manager, or are about to. They’ll have a bounce back and batter us now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom