• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre-match thread Bournemouth (A) - 11 March 12:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

MomoWASright

If you take me seriously then you’re an idiot
Woof. Woof. Owooooooooooooooooooooo. We. Go. Again.

It’s easy to say same again for Bournemouth away but we have Madrid the following midweek. I think we need some minor tweaks because I have a feeling about the champions league. That’s a thread for another day.

Back 5 picks itself. Get the game won then bring in the changes at full back.

The midfield conundrum. Badger has to come in. We also need to consider Fabs and Hendo’s minutes. I think Hendo will be the one to drop. Elliott was marvellous at the weekend and keeps his place. If he’s on a be a terrier programme let’s keep it going.

It feels harsh to drop any of the front 3 but I think it will be Nunez’s turn to sit it out with Jota coming in. Wouldn’t be shocked to see Gakpo rested too for Bobby.

Ali

TAA
Konate
VVD
Robbo

Fabinho
Elliott
Badger

Salah
Jota
Nunez

Signing off
The Big Dog

Id hate to make any changes tbh, other than resting the older legs. Elliott and gakpo are starting to find a little connection, nunez may as well play to keep the hype train rolling. Even fabinho actually has had a resurgence that seems dramatically unexpected.

Hendo out for stefan and i think thats all i'd change. And thats mainly to keep hendo fresh for madrid

I saw a wonderful article in the athletic about how gakpo and elliott worked well. I'll try and post it

Edit - in the united thread

4-3-3/4-3-1-2:
--------------Alisson------------------
-----Konate-------Van Dijk---------
Trent-------Fabinho------Tsimikas
------Elliott--------Bajcetic----------
--------------Gakpo-------------------
--------Jota---------Nunez-----------

Give Mo, Hendo and Robbo a bit of a rest before the big game in Madrid. Need to keep Gakpo in the side to continue building the attack around his "false 9"/AM role. Jota and Nunez can interchange as the 2 de-facto strikers.

4-3-3/4-3-1-2:
--------------Alisson------------------
-----Konate-------Van Dijk---------
Trent-------Fabinho------Tsimikas
------Elliott--------Bajcetic----------
--------------Gakpo-------------------
--------Jota---------Nunez-----------

Give Mo, Hendo and Robbo a bit of a rest before the big game in Madrid. Need to keep Gakpo in the side to continue building the attack around his "false 9"/AM role. Jota and Nunez can interchange as the 2 de-facto strikers.

Salah is rarely rested.
If he's finding form now, let him play ...

The worst thing about giving your biggest rival a drubbing is the complacency. Klopp needs to bring the players back to earth with it was only 3 points.

The Madrid game is as much as gone. We are away.
Let us get the much needed three points first.

The Utd game made me somewhat interested in football again and I looked at our fixtures - not an easy run in at all.

This is another must win game if we have any aspirations of trying to get that 4th place.

The worst thing about giving your biggest rival a drubbing is the complacency. Klopp needs to bring the players back to earth with it was only 3 points.

Our largest win ever was earlier this season. It was followed by a long period of utter shitness so it's a serious concern.

I would like to, mate. But they got our number and are so experienced.
They’re shit. We showed that for 21 minutes. They’re way behind Barcelona who got beat by a side we stuffed. We just need to avoid going into meltdown.

But that’s for after we spank Bournemouth.

We'll obviously put out strong line ups in both games even if the Madrid tie is as good as done so for me Bournemouth game more important, if we were only a goal maybe 2 goals down in the Madrid tie then for me that'd take priority.

Alisson Trent Ibou Virg Robbo Fab Hendo Baj Salah Gakpo Nunez

This sort of cockyness undid Man U. Let's not go there. Trent could turn into Jekyll and Hyde. Klopp might decide to rest Konate and play Gomez. We might see Naby in MF instead of Harvey.
Could might could might. Ok. Well we could decide to go full macho men on their spawny championship arses and fuck them over worst than last time.

Last edited:
I doubt we will see Keita start again.
Tbh most us thought the same when Fab and Hendo were benched and we were seeing a midfield of Thiago Baj and Naby, we thought maybe this whole loyalty stuff really was all fabricated.

Don't think I've ever know any players more criticism from their own fans like Fab and Hendo took before we beat Everton.

Our largest win ever was earlier this season. It was followed by a long period of utter shitness so it's a serious concern.

Yup, it's sitting on my mind ... so I'm sure Klopp and co will do the necessary.

However, a few things are playing in our favor ...
1) The squad seems to be picking up form - especially Fabs and Hendo, and that balances our squad.
2) Konate is miles ahead of Matip & Gomez this season ... His presence is important to a more confident backline.
3) Robbo is properly in form - and getting rested with Tsimikas can only help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom