• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Rugby World Cup

Also, the original saffer throw was skew wiff so it makes the subsequent cheating a moot point...

It's a bit rich when the South Africans start bringing up foul play ;)

Can anyone remember when BOD made big bad forward Danie Rossouw's legs turn to jelly?

It's a bit rich when the South Africans start bringing up foul play ;)

I think they start off saying the throw was a problem ... but once that's ignored, there's two quite blatant issues that were missed.
This is happening more and more ... in most games, with or without the green and gold (the good team, not the Aussies!)
Do we really want a semi final or final decided by refs like the Wales game was?

Ultimately, it's saying the ref didn't spot things on both sides, all of which probably evened out. The fact is that being great at international rugby is being great at playing on the edge of legality. Everyone knows this. Not sure that's ever going to change whether you go through with a microscope. I think that the best you can hope for that the ref is balanced in what he pings and what he misses. The problem comes with a game like Wales Fiji where the ref appears to be applying the laws inconsistently depending on which team is infringing.

Yup - but I'm seeing this for most games.
Are Rugby refs as bad as footy refs?

Yup - but I'm seeing this for most games.
Are Rugby refs as bad as footy refs?
Quite possibly. But you know, they're miced up and the players are respectful towards them.

I think it's fair enough if the ref on the pitch makes a mistake, the TMO needs sorting out.

I think they start off saying the throw was a problem ... but once that's ignored, there's two quite blatant issues that were missed.
This is happening more and more ... in most games, with or without the green and gold (the good team, not the Aussies!)
Do we really want a semi final or final decided by refs like the Wales game was?

I think you'll always be able in find infringements that are missed in a game tbh mate.

The Wales game was different........The ref clearly favoured us time and time again and as result determined who won.

I think you'll always be able in find infringements that are missed in a game tbh mate.

The Wales game was different........The ref clearly favoured us time and time again and as result determined who won.
This is exactly right. It's why that microanalysis of a game on slowmo is just missing the point. For example there's lots of times the ref sees an infringement (someone creeping offside, a hand in the ruck), and gives them a chance by telling them he sees it and 'get back on' or 'hands off', or 'roll away', or 'release it', 'release him'. All those shouts is because someone is actually infringing at those points, but the game just wouldn't function if every single off side was called, or very delayed tackle or ball release was called. The only thing you can ask that it is enforced even handedly. The ref on Saturday was even handed, and did a mainly good job.

This is exactly right. It's why that microanalysis of a game on slowmo is just missing the point. For example there's lots of times the ref sees an infringement (someone creeping offside, a hand in the ruck), and gives them a chance by telling them he sees it and 'get back on' or 'hands off', or 'roll away', or 'release it', 'release him'. All those shouts is because someone is actually infringing at those points, but the game just wouldn't function if every single off side was called, or very delayed tackle or ball release was called. The only thing you can ask that it is enforced even handedly. The ref on Saturday was even handed, and did a mainly good job.

What didn't you like (as then it would just be a good job)?

If you look when the player passed the ball from he is clearly outside the 5mtr line, but the winger catches it in the 5 mtr zone. There is a rule that states that as long as the ball travels backwards from the passers hand initially then it's allowed to compensate for the ball drifting in flight but there's over 2 Mt's in the distance that the final pass moved forward. There was also a very obvious block on one of our defenders getting in a tackle in this move so I'm still having a moan.

If you look when the player passed the ball from he is clearly outside the 5mtr line, but the winger catches it in the 5 mtr zone. There is a rule that states that as long as the ball travels backwards from the passers hand initially then it's allowed to compensate for the ball drifting in flight but there's over 2 Mt's in the distance that the final pass moved forward. There was also a very obvious block on one of our defenders getting in a tackle in this move so I'm still having a moan.

at least you're moaning as a winner! :)

378380682_323426340235304_2257710616110386286_n.jpg

Well most people seem to be talking about South Africa, France and Ireland as the potential winners ( I think you've got Ireland as 'almost certain' to get past them in the QF's..
I guess I took it wrong. They have done exactly what they is expected so far. Lost to France, spanked the rest. Wouldn’t surprise me at all to lose to them in the qf

I guess I took it wrong. They have done exactly what they is expected so far. Lost to France, spanked the rest. Wouldn’t surprise me at all to lose to them in the qf
We played the Kiwis 36 times and only won 5 of those games.

We won 5 of the LAST 8 times and beat them twice last year in Kiwiland.
COYBIG we're on a hattrick.

We played the Kiwis 36 times and only won 5 of those games.

We won 5 of the LAST 8 times and beat them twice last year in Kiwiland.
COYBIG we're on a hattrick.
(Provided we beat the sweaties)

Ireland soaking up the pressure with ease, then punishing the poor Scots every time they get into their 22.

Great performance so far!

Now that we've qualified the Scots are going to try and injure as many of our players as they can. Bastards.

Back
Top Bottom