• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

Sack him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except we weren't good in the first half of last season. We were just as disjointed as we are now and being overran in midfield. We got lucky with many of our wins back then and we didn't deserve the points based on our performances. Sturridge and Suarez made all the difference between winning matches or dropping points.

Our title challenge was based on two other things as well as confidence and belief:

1. The running, movement and quality of Sterling, Sturridge and Suarez up front. Sterling didn't figure much in the early part of last season.

2. The reshaping of the midfield with Gerrard at the base and Allen and Henderson doing all his running and work in the engine room. We lost a little bit defensively being shaped like that but Gerrard's passing from deep more than made up for it. Coutinho would be swapped for Allen when we needed that extra quality on the ball.

This season so far we've lost all of 1.

Gerrard when playing deep has been targeted by opposing managers this season and he's no longer able to affect matches as well with his passing. So, we've been relying on Allen and Henderson to make those passes but their passing is simply not as good. Also they don't have 1. to offer the passing options.

I think Rodger's can fix the midfield and our attack again. He deserves his chance to. The big doubts about him is with our defense of course. We've only ever looked good there under Rodgers when he bombed Agger out of the side and replaced him with Carra, effectively letting Carra sort it out for him.

If Rodger's gets the midfield and attack working again, we'll make top four.

That being said.. he is going to have to fix it to the standard of last season..

We won many games last season, just out scoring the opposition.

I think Rodgers had the idea if we concede less this season we will require to score less..

However as it is established our defence is equally as bad as last season and showing no signs of improving any time soon and that our attack play is toothless.. I'd say he has a lot to do..

I'm not optimistic at all.. Given he has done nothing yet to improve it in terms of tactics.. Same old Balo up top on his todd..

Our defence have had up to 3 new players in that back 5. That will take more than 11 games to get right.
We havent conceded that many goals compared to the other teams but are suffering from individual mistakes (top of the League) and the fact that our goals have dried up (Balotelli misfiring and Studge injury).

That being said.. he is going to have to fix it to the standard of last season..

We won many games last season, just out scoring the opposition.

I think Rodgers had the idea if we concede less this season we will require to score less..

However as it is established our defence is equally as bad as last season and showing no signs of improving any time soon and that our attack play is toothless.. I'd say he has a lot to do..

I'm not optimistic at all.. Given he has done nothing yet to improve it in terms of tactics.. Same old Balo up top on his todd..

He managed to fix it last year to a standard that was good enough to win league titles. We don't need it to be that good to just get in the top four, especially with the equally poor form of Arsenal, Man Utd, Spurs and Everton. Our competitors for a Champions League place aren't looking all that good as well.

Fair enough about not being optimistic because there are enough doubts. Some of my hope is that a front 3 of Balotelli, Sturridge and Sterling looked excellent against Spurs and has potential.

Last season we finish 2nd and play fast, fluid, attacking football-he's a genius.
Have a shit start to this season-let's sack him at xmas.

Lol great stuff

Last season we finish 2nd and play fast, fluid, attacking football-he's a genius.
Have a shit start to this season-let's sack him at xmas.

Lol great stuff

Which is funny, people calling him a genius last year, or wanting him sacked now, or both?

Talk of sacking him is mad!

But I'm not giving him a free pass either. He's a stubborn fuck and things are obviously not right at the club at this time. He needs to show signs of sorting this shit out and soon.

Defence is a fucking disaster and he's saying things like "we don't need to bring in coaching we just need time to sort it out". He insists on playing Balotelli up front on his own. How many times does he need to see this to know it doesn't work?

I had no problem with dropping/resting players against Madrid. After watching the garbage thrown up against Newcastle how could you disagree with it. But so many changes? What was it 7 or something FFS?

A lot seems to be resting on Sturridge's shoulders I hope he's able to carry it. Even until January when we have another chance to add to our strike force.

Which is funny, people calling him a genius last year, or wanting him sacked now, or both?

Hysterical hyperbole is an integral part of being a football fan, but not of rational discourse. This is the eternal dilemma of football forums everywhere.

I wouldn't sack him at Christmas. He deserves at least the rest of the season to sort out his problems.
But if we finish poorly(6th or lower) then I'd hope the board will see what other options are available.
Klopp, De Boer or whomever else, before giving him another season in charge.

I never wanted Rodgers to begin with. But I don't really trust the board to sign someone better.

Do people realize if a country of Liverpool fans would be amongst the biggest countries in the world population wise? Larger than the US? Just think about how FUCKED UP of a country we would be! We'd be worse than the Tea Party with our President, that's for sure.

We'd be a massive, patriotic country, whose patriotism was harnessed as a way to make us consume, while we wasted lots of money. We'd have a lot of impotent rage against its leadership, almost no real democracy, and have constant conflict about who should be in charge, even though all options would be someone a plutocrat appointed, with no interest in us.

What would that be like?

The people calling for his head are probably the same arseholes who were applauding him last season.

Help me out here...are you saying those of us who praised Rodgers last season were arseholes for doing so? Think about your answer because you're already having a bad afternoon on the internet.

Help me out here...are you saying those of us who praised Rodgers last season were arseholes for doing so? Think about your answer because you're already having a bad afternoon on the internet.
Are you really this stupid?

Surely he means that those calling for his head are being hypocritical as they were probably the same people lavishing praise on Rogers last season when we were doing well.

It isn't going well for Rogers at all this season. We gambled on the fitness of Sturridge and it has cost us big time. We rolled the Balotelli dice and it hasn't worked out at all so far. I didn't expect Balotelli to be this 'bad' for us. Lovren seems to be horribly off form and we look absolutely shot.

Sterling said today that the team will come back from International break and turn our form around. I really hope so because at the moment we are dreadful all over the pitch.

@refugee at last someone who is talking sense..

2 signings he has got right out of a silly amount.. Why on earth should he be trusted with a January budget if he fails to get things right by then?

There is Also Assaidi, Aspas, Borini, Alberto, Llori.. Players we have loaned out because they are not upto the mark..

35 million.. loaned out on top of a stupid amount outlayed in failed signings

Yeh cause all other clubs get every transfer right and never loan anyone out. Oh apart from the current runaway league leaders [emoji15]

I'd like to stake a claim that I was the first one who predicted that a 'Sack Rodgers' thread would surface within few weeks into the season.

Well, what I'd never expected was that it came from a mod. So this proves that mods are human posters after all and not bots.

On the other hand, about that plane analogy....here's what Henry Ford once said...

"When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it."

#YNWA

PS : Sometimes, I think we liverpool fans are one of the world's biggest hypocrites. We sing YNWA out loud, talk about going through a storm with our heads up high and all that....but when we really do go through a storm, we start bitching, moaning and lamenting as if it's the end of the world. It's time we go back to our roots and really dig in the lyrics of our anthem....from the heart.

He's got til Christmas to sort it out or he is gone.. If the team fails the manager has to take responsibility

His team, his signings, his tactics, his players

His saving grace is we are still only 4 points off 4th place, so he still can turn this around.. I hope he can.. but I don't think he will

You're an embarrassment.

Surely he means that those calling for his head are being hypocritical as they were probably the same people lavishing praise on Rogers last season when we were doing well.

Thanks Dave. That was of course what I meant.

If a post requires an explanation it's a pretty bad post.

Are you really this stupid?
Ok mate, your first reply to me questioned my IQ which was as unnecessary as it was cringeworthy. Now this. We can either debate our relative intelligence, whIch will bore everyone else and will ultimately reflect badly on you, or we can leave this and just ignore each other. I'm happy to go with the latter as until today I'd never even noticed you on the forum before so what I've never had I'll never miss.

:shame:From the guy who rudely and inappropriately started the "Hodgson Out" thread, before he even was appointed, all I can say is please either change the title of this thread, or lock it.

it's new depths for us to be talkign this way.

It's a Spurs/Newcastle forum type direction

I knew it would all go wrong when I saw that pic he had of himself in his house.

sKQcCRa.jpg

Ok mate, your first reply to me questioned my IQ which was as unnecessary as it was cringeworthy. Now this. We can either debate our relative intelligence, whIch will bore everyone else and will ultimately reflect badly on you, or we can leave this and just ignore each other. I'm happy to go with the latter as until today I'd never even noticed you on the forum before so what I've never had I'll never miss.
I'd just advise you to read posts properly before replying. It was a very simple post. You skim read it and made a stupid reply without thinking. I'd normally let it go, but you also did the exact same thing in the Neville thread. So forgive me if I think you come across as a bit of a pillock.

Talk of sacking him is mad!

But I'm not giving him a free pass either. He's a stubborn fuck and things are obviously not right at the club at this time. He needs to show signs of sorting this shit out and soon.

Defence is a fucking disaster and he's saying things like "we don't need to bring in coaching we just need time to sort it out". He insists on playing Balotelli up front on his own. How many times does he need to see this to know it doesn't work?

I had no problem with dropping/resting players against Madrid. After watching the garbage thrown up against Newcastle how could you disagree with it. But so many changes? What was it 7 or something FFS?

A lot seems to be resting on Sturridge's shoulders I hope he's able to carry it. Even until January when we have another chance to add to our strike force.

It's difficult at the minute because we've basically got to piss with what we've got until the New Year, that means relying heavily on either Sturridge getting fit and staying fit, or Rodgers finding some stop-gap combination that isn't dead in the water. Playing Borini up there might help a bit, but we all know that's really stretching our squad, ie, we'll still be playing with a striker that just doesn't score, he just works harder and runs more than Mario. Not a big ask.

That said, the squad might be painted a bit more prettily and some players might find easing into the side a bit better if we have more bite upfront. Personally I think he should just bite the bullet and pull out the players who aren't performing, that's why I'm one of the few on here who wasn't mad at the mass changes in Madrid, because it showed that A) he was willing to drop/rest big names, B) our fringe players probably faired better than our so called better ones and C) It showed us what certain players could give us.

Arguably Toure and Lucas shouldn't have lost their place. Both have their critics because for all their abilities in backs to the wall jobs, asking them to do it week in week out isn't enough for us, it might plug a hole, but in the longterm we still need better. That said, their experience is vital right now, especially as we look so lost, so I'd personally do just that and play them both for the time being. Shore things up in midfield a bit and add a bit more leadership at the back. If worked with Carragher and it worked temporarily with Toure last season. Forcing Balotelli and Lovren (for instance) into playing at the minute is proving nothing, we're just watching both players respective confidence dwindle by the week. Henderson and Johnson both need shoeing at the minute aswell. I know there's no "set XI", but when the chips are down sometimes you have to just find some continuity and that comes from having a stable side.

----------------Mignolet---------------
Manquillo-Skrtel--Toure--Moreno
------------Lucas---Allen------------
-----Gerrard-Coutinho-Lallana---
-----------------Sterling--------------

Throw Borini in the front line as an alternative and Can in the middle. Bite the bullet and just get back to winning ways, even if it means digging deep to find it.

Ok the title is misleading. I haven't actually said I want him sacked.. Just merely said he could be sacked if he fails to get his shit together by Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom