• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

Second best attack in the clubs history!

Defences win titles and ours was miles off the top 2. Our attack wasn’t. Again as I’ve said a few times. Sure the attack missed important chances but our shithouse defence (in terms of chasing a title) was what takes the bulk of the blame this season without question.

Remind us again who had the best defence this season and who won the title.

Remind us again who had the best defence this season and who won the title.
If yoy want to peddle the idea that our defence this season wasn’t the main reason we didn’t win the league you go right ahead.

The champions this season sure as shit didn’t have to come from behind as many times as us.

If yoy want to peddle the idea that our defence this season wasn’t the main reason we didn’t win the league you go right ahead.

The champions this season sure as shit didn’t have to come from behind as many times as us.

Everton had the 4th best defence in the League - they must be looking forward to being in the Champions League next season.

And no, or defence wasn’t the main reason by- it played a part, but the main reason was our profligacy in front of goal - it’s been explained and pointed out to you a million times.

Have you checked to see how many times in the last 20 years a team has won the League by having the best defence compared to teams that won the league by having the best attack.

You really should - it’s ok, you can’t really make yourself look more foolish than you already have.

Everton had the 4th best defence in the League - they must be looking forward to being in the Champions League next season.

And no, or defence wasn’t the main reason by- it played a part, but the main reason was our profligacy in front of goal - it’s been explained and pointed out to you a million times.

Have you checked to see how many times in the last 20 years a team has won the League by having the best defence compared to teams that won the league by having the best attack.

You really should - it’s ok, you can’t really make yourself look more foolish than you already have.
Sir Alex Ferguson, once claimed "attack wins you games, defence wins you titles"

Sir Alex Ferguson, once claimed "attack wins you games, defence wins you titles"

He was likely drunk at the time, but it explains why Dreamie subscribes to it.

It’s one of those quotable lines like “you win nothing with kids” that sounds great, but isn’t actually true.

Hate that quote from Ferguson. It's counter intuitive.
A good defence you don't lose games, a good attack you might win games.
You aren't winning the league with 38 0-0s

Hate that quote from Ferguson. It's counter intuitive.
A good defence you don't lose games, a good attack you might win games.
You aren't winning the league with 38 0-0s
Well, you can if everyone else loses all their games. Duh. No wonder you lot can't see where Dreamy's coming from with that defeatest altitude.

lol compared to what exactly? The exhausting rubbish people peddle about other aspects of our season. Give over.
Doesn't the fact that you're genuinely the only one on this site consistently pretending that our attack wasn't a huge issue this season tell you anything? You're not nearly as thick as this stance (and others) makes you seem, Pat... Why do insist on playing the feckin' gombeen on here?

Well, you can if everyone else loses all their games. Duh. No wonder you lot can't see where Dreamy's coming from with that defeatest altitude.
Even DB knows that in order for teams to lose games, other teams have to win games

I must say, it's a bit of a red flag with regards to the standard of comprehension in here that some of you folk clearly missed the joke.

Doesn't the fact that you're genuinely the only one on this site consistently pretending that our attack wasn't a huge issue this season tell you anything? You're not nearly as thick as this stance (and others) makes you seem, Pat... Why do insist on playing the feckin' gombeen on here?
I never said it wasn’t an issue. Saying our defence wasn’t a bigger reason we didn’t win the league is what I take issue with. We were fucking awful at the back all season bar heroics from our keepers.

Back
Top Bottom